2014 Mazda3 Hatchback

I'm considering buying one used but I have no experience with Mazda. What are their build qualities like? Is this a decent car? I heard they rust easily, is this right?

More info:
- Going to use it as my daily drive to work, friends places, occasional road trips
- Frequent suburb driving & I have to drive through a metropolitan area a few times a month
- Need space for hauling storage bins and small furnishings, sometimes camping gear
- Automatic casual-fag
- Don't care or like car "infotainment" systems (some 2014 models don't have these)
- I REALLY like the look of the m3 redesign, but I will consider other hatchbacks

Thx

>What are their build qualities like?
Excellent
>Is this a decent car?
Absolutly. I have a 1st gen 2.3L
>I heard they rust easily
Early first gen. Although mine is rust free. After that there is no issue.

What's your current car?

>inb4 ford shills pushing their terrible cars.

Current drive is a 2004 Chevy Impala
I really do love it, but I need a hatch due to a new job. I rarely have more than one other passenger anyway.

Mazda are decent though, my buddy has a 14 6 and it's actually fun to drive compared to similar models.

From my understanding, 2014 and above Mazdas do not use Ford parts anymore.

Have you considered the Fit?

Why would you need a hatch for your job? If your job dictates the car you should have they should supply it.

My best friend has a Fit. The suspension feels really tight and the car feels like its going to break when you go over bumps. The interior is really roomy but I'm not a fan of how it feels when you drive.

I buy, repair, and re-sell antiques, furniture, used items, etc. Freelance. I'm getting tired of shoving things in the back seat and trunk of my sedan or having to ask to borrow other people's hatches.

>car feels like its going to break when you go over bumps

I feel it, I drive a 2015 and I kind of enjoy how it always feels like its going to fall off the road. Not many other hatches I would suggest then. The Mazda 3 was my second choice. Go for it OP

I'd do it. I have a Mazda 3 and it's a great car. The mpg is good as well.

Get a truck or a van.

Nah, I rarely deal with items big enough to warrant a van or truck. I'm looking for something smaller and better on gas than my 04 Impala.

Civic Ep3
Mk4 golf tdi with manual trans
Ford ranger 2.3

Get something older. You'll hate beating up your new car.

Do it faggot.

Mazda 3s are by far the best beaters/econoboxes out there.

You mean fords dont use mazda parts anymore. (Except they do)
Because ford cant come upwith their own shit

Mazda 3 is the only new car in this segment worth buying. It's literally perfect, apart from the 2.0L being a little slow. I would advise getting a manual though. You'll learn quick and once you get the hang of it, you'll love it.
t. someone who learned manual on a 2016 mazda3
Also, paint the chrome parts black, it looks dope desu senpai

they're also chick cars
hatch, though, not really

>Because ford cant come upwith their own shit
mazda should be grateful ford didn't shut them down and bring all the r+d to dearborn or cologne

I have a lot of Mazdas for my fun cars, but my wife has a new Focus and that thing is great. Love the build quality, ride, and interestingly enough, the DSG trans.

>implying

>the DSG trans
Yeah it's great until it fucking breaks