/scg/+/edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #12

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

Gamescom info (I think?):
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
youtube.com/watch?v=UssBtjEQ150

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp

>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try soon™

SC has a gamescom Idris booth being setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Last thread: OK people. Do not get on the hype trains. Keep low expectations to not be dissapointed, as I'm sure SCfags know this well anyway. Also, expect many of the people from many months past to come back and shitpost. Avoid the bait so that we can stay /comfy/ although you guys seem to do a good job at that already. Keep it up bruvs.

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHJY9JZNBA&feature=live-chat-promo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm an attack helicopter

Who's that Pokemon?

You can't steal my spirit animal user

ED 2.2 teaser for the user that was asking for it.

Rusty ships best ships.

I can't make out any more

inb4 reliant variant

Uh, you've got that strut right under the two very clear human figures.

Shit, you're right about that.

>youtube.com/watch?v=UssBtjEQ150

thank

looks like we're getting at least one new station exterior as well

2.5 public when reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FED UP seeing the other guys and gals walk off with the BEST of EVERYTHING? Tired of your stupid JOB, of being overtaken by your peers, of lacking the willpower to get the things you want... of being HALF ALIVE?

I know how it is BECAUSE I TOO was once an under- achiever. Hard to believe that of Cliff Ganymede – Best Selling Author; Decorated War Hero; Clinically-Recognised Supertaster; Zinc Magnate. But it's true. I dithered. I put stuff off. I failed to KNUCKLE DOWN. That's because I didn't know I was Elite. Now, let me tell you a secret: everybody can be Elite. You're already ELITE! You just don't realise it yet. Elite. Say the word out loud with your mouth. Think about what it really means.

Each one of us has unlimited potential.
Life is there to be L-I-V-E-D
I isn't a dirty word – put yourself first.
Time is now!
Each one of us has unlimited potential. (It bears repeating.)

That... Viper? Looks awful. Whoever did the cover art is terrible.

A Hind D?!

>looks like we're getting at least one new station exterior as well
More variation is always nice. Looks like the internals for Feddie and Imp stations will be more differentiated now. Hope they would do the exteriors one day. Can't imagine the style over substance Imps hanging out in Ocellus or Orbis stations like Feds do.

I kind of enjoyed that book. It was a bit Red Dwarf rather than super serious which was a nice change.

Looks more like a Condor to me.

What if that ship is the reclaimer? I see on the right side what looks to be that wing design.

How great would it be to be a tiny-small ED ship with only one Huge hardpoint. Bonus points if firing it disrupts your flight

>people keep saying it is some old ship

It's guaranteed a brand new ship we haven't seen before. That is the entire point of these things.

So that makes it the Terrapin (most likely), the new racer, the Polaris or the Prowler pretty much. Considering the silhouettes of human figures, that narrows it down to the first two.

And it exploded!

"It" being your powerplant.

Reminder that this is a Faulcon DeLacy design, not Lakon.

>tfw you'll autistically grind for weeks in the largest hauler and make the most money possible trading stock and then burn out and never get into PvP or any organizations trying to tax your collections

It would be a tight fit. An FDL's huge hardpoint is 13m long. A Sidewinder is only 15m. Extended, a C4 cannon is longer than a Sidewinder.

So, anything good out of Gamescom?

we saw some sick Saitek mice the other day

Yeah. The new station looked basically like an outpost with a tube slapped on it. Perhaps outposts that enjoy a boom state for a long period of time/investment from their respective powers will be expanded to basically become a mini Orbis/Ocellus?

Proofs?
Also, I am kinda worried about the amount of space the hangar took up inside a fucking corvette. I think our memeing about "50% reduction in jump range" might be closer to the truth than we'd like...

Horrible creatures.

>152121223

Faulcon DeLacy is an Alliance company, their HQ is in Reorte,

The lights on the side of the cockpit look just like the lights on the side of the Python.

The cockpit "bars" are very similar to the Python/Cobra

>proofs

The lights on the corvette look like that too, though.

>Also, I am kinda worried about the amount of space the hangar took up inside a fucking corvette. I think our memeing about "50% reduction in jump range" might be closer to the truth than we'd like...
Surely it will just be a module like the planetary vehicle hanger. Maybe kind of heavy but if it causes a 50% range reduction no fucker will use it.

If it is a DeLacy design they clearly took some hints from Lakon about the cockpit. Dat visibility.

>no fucker will use it.

as if that has ever mattered to FD.

See: Powerplay.

It's actually a CQC map that's part space elevator too. I think they're taking some of the CQC stations and making them into outposts.

Is CQC still alive? I tried to get into matches over the last few days but just had waiting times.

No

I ranked up to Rank 8 over the past few days. So some people are playing. But sometimes you get a dead days and there's no-one.

Shame it's not more alive, I was almost having fun in that mode.

pls more gameplay webms

I shamefully admit to enjoying CQC these past few days. I shat on it all the time but it turns out it can be fun.

Right now it's probably the most active it's been in a while. A lot of people bought E:D after No Man's Sky so there's a lot of new players in the game. So now's the time to grind rank before they get tired and angry at the game.

I really and truly hope that Star Citizen releases as good or nearly as good as intended, I can finally leave the hell that is E:D

Had no luck so far but maybe today or tomorrow

At thia point I just want to do some carefree shooting in this game because open world started to bore me ages ago.

That and Strike Vector is ded as shit.

i7 4790k.
Dual GTX 1080's
16gb of RAM
500gb SSD.

Could this run Star Citizen on low at good FPS for VR? Or will I need more. I mean I'm looking at about $2400 already.

Easily, once VR is actually implemented. 1080's are stupid expensive though unless you are rolling in dosh.

Looks like a pretty solid setup to me fambam, just don't expect perfect frames all the time, the 'game' we have now is rather optimized.

yes

Not had this installed for a while, what can I expect to be able to do now?

Also this S.S make's me want to kcik Sean in the fucking ma-gina.

If i can land on a planet and have it look like this S.S in star citizen ill be happy

Anyone got a good way to grind fed rank?

I wouldn't build a VR rig for anything that doesn't have VR support right now. If you're thinking of VorpX, forget it, it's a meme.

nothing has changed yet
come back towards the end of the year.

Yes I've been putting away money for the past 6 months for an upgrade. I cheaped out on the SSD because I last second decided I'd rather have a second 1080. I just want to run it well when it comes out.

VR is my main goal. I'm not expecting max graphics... But I want to have a good experience without getting motion sickness.

>good way to grind in E:D
They patched all those out with extreme prejudice like a year ago, user

So theres nothing?

VorpX works fine with Star Citizen and Witcher 3 on high settings and I got a 980TI and a 5820K.

I thought that Sothis place got you some rank, but it got UA bombed anyway so I don't think you can use it at the moment.

Jesus fuck im trying to get the killvette and im only at PO

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Preddy sure one of you fuckers said this a year ago lol.

that sucks, this does look fantastic, i do hope it comes to fruition but im verry dubious on buying alpha games...

I bought StartCitizen with a 300i and it says I can trade it in for units, worth doing?

is the concensus that this game will ACTUALLY be released? all I wana do is Nomansky shit... with a little more... err.....realism? (if you get what im meaning with that term)

Just wait until it is actually implemented in SC before you by, if you can.
The current link up of nvidia gps, the 1000 series, are not using the full extent of the pascal architecture. I don't remember what the marketing buzz word for it is but we probably wont see it until the 1080ti or later.
Also HBM is coming soon and it will probably be worth waiting for.

they are trying to get 2.7 out by the end of the year, along with ep1 of sq42
considering what they've already shown of it, I would say it comes out by the end of this year/beginning next year. sooner if we're lucky.

there is a list of 2.6/2.7 features somewhere, but
2.6 - star marine
2.7 - procedural planets/landing

watching fights is always so much more impressive than being in them

You can still donation grind at 17 Draconis, but it's a fuckton more expensive than it was before.

It's either that or you do it the VISION way.

Is draconis fed affiliated?

yep

How exspensive are we talking?

Donation missions used to range between 1k-30k credits a piece, now they're more like 10k-1m each. They did somewhat reduce the number of missions to gain ranks, though. Just stay away from the more expensive ones and you should be able to do it with somewhere around 50-60mil I'd guess.

Get to rear admiral in 60? Ive got 200mil and change right now, wouls that fit the bill?

Gonna tell you as soon as I'm in user

Yeah you should be able to do it with 200mil no problem, just avoid the 1mil donations, they're worth the same amount of rep as the cheaper ones.

HL:3 lol/.

Any good stations to gas up on between say eravate and draconis? Im in a conda

Not really, draconis is pretty far outside the bubble. Bring a fuel scoop, or shit-loads of fuel tanks.

Got it, thanks user ill suck you off l8tr

Why build a computer for star citizen when we still have no idea when it'll be released?

to play alpha, duh
since there is hope that 2.7 and sq42 ep1 would be soon

>doing a ~400LY poop run
>server maintainence

reeeeee

I wouldnt right now if I were you. Build one late next year or two from now. This game aint coming out till 2020.

>Sq 42
>2016

LOL

It says
HALF LIFE : 3
editors that played it back in the days

Fucking cock teases

Because the game can only get easier to run.

Besides I'm not building it FOR star citizen. It's about time for an upgrade anyway, but VR and SC are both on my lists of things I want. So I might as well just drop $2,000-3000 and get myself a new build going.

Mussurana when?

>i7 4790k
Why that CPU?

Where is that from? Anyway we don't need more wedges/doritos in the game.

I want the Merlin, though I acknowledge there's not much room for down there for yet another light fighter.

I know it isnt even feasible in any fashion but I want this.

Strim in like 2 minutes.
gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHJY9JZNBA&feature=live-chat-promo

nice >ASP

I want the Mamba so I can call it Mamba #05