Given the choice between an early 2000s Mazda Miata or a Honda Prelude, which would you choose, and why?

Given the choice between an early 2000s Mazda Miata or a Honda Prelude, which would you choose, and why?

Assume insurance is a non-issue,

>its another Corey and Alphonse shitposting episode

Prelude

Miatas are just too gay and floppy

Prelude. It's faster, better handling, and more practical

Prelude is sharper looking. Probably has more space too. Less round.

Prelude . I don't like convertibles. I always respected preludes for being experimental and would go SH and see if i can tune it while keeping sh

What type of prelude?

1.8 miata

>RWD
>cheaper because lewd's tend to have a rice tax
>bigger aftermarket
>mint as fuck brah

>miatas are cheaper
>miatas dont have a rice tax

Try making your question harder next time.

As a daily driver? The prelude, I'd need more space than the miata will offer. I wouldn't mind the miata though, I've yet to have a rwd car

>FF

Miata shit or fwd shit
I choose a bullet to the brain

I choose a bullet to your brain too

>choosing death over one of these two cars
I agree, you should be considering suicide

depends on the purpose

>Daily Driver
the Prelude. More confortable, more space, more power, bigger engine, automatic, etc...

>weekend warrior/track car
Miata. 50/50 weight distribution,lightweight, easily moddable and fixed, can go somewhat fast for cheap.

>automatic
Nigger what?

Prelude.

Far rarer than a Miata.
Possibly a future classic

it really comes down to the specs of each car right? like if the miata has a limited slip diff its an obvious choice, but most likely the prelude off of looks alone, but i dont know jack about preludes

>Given the choice between the worst car ever (prelude) and something else what would you choose?

Prelude
More power, certain models had 4ws so less HURR UNDERSTEER but if hooning was a big factor, the miata.

That should be changed to rudnik, haggard is lacking in the miata game

Prelude.

Miata's are alright. But Prelude is just cheaper, more space in the car.

Prelude. Only an idiot would chose the miata.

i've literally never seen a manual prelude. and i live in europe.

do they have manual?

Sure, people says auto doesn't drive all that well (because it tries to stay in low RPM I assume). They're also prone to breaking.

Personally, I would go with miata if I could find one with a roof. Or fuck it, miata anyway because it's smaller\lighter, probably eats less fuel and looks better.

> better handling
> weights 1000lbs more

kek

Yurofag here, there's a fair few manual Ludes around here.

there was an user who came by a week or 2 ago bitching about how all the Miata's, including his, were all beaten at his local autocross by a bone stock Prelude.

>b-but muh weight
fuck off retard.

First car was a 96 prelude
about to buy an 05 miata.
Never liked the 5th gen preludes, it tried to emulate 80's box too hard.

I own a 94 na and a 97 base prelude, not sure how much nicer the nb is but the prelude is much more comfortable for daily driving, that being said i have found that i can not drive home with a frown on my face in the miata. The prelude has a lot more space to put shit though, the prelude has more trunk space than the miata with a 12" sub box and a small garbage can. The rwd thing is pretty dumb, I drive the miata nutty because i can but the prelude is still heaps of fun. the miata is the choice if you want to mod though, the prelude is pretty much an intake, header/exhaust and you are as fast as you will be with your 170ish whp, or you can be like my friend and be shooting for a turbo miata to push the same hp in a lighter car. oh and the prelude takes premium fuel which kind of sucks depending on where you live (fucking 1.50/L) both have their merits. buy which ever one you find that is lower km and in nicer shape. im assuming you dont have any passengers in your life like me so you dont have to worry about that, roadsters are great for people like us... jk back seats of the lude are ass, i hope you dont have 3 tall friends or they will need surgery to fit, the lude is much faster on the highway, both are fun to rev, looks are subjective, I actually despise the miatas looks, i think the lude looks very nice as i enjoy the 3rd gen the most, are you still reading? I like them both and you will have regrets no matter what car you buy because you could always have something else and you will never know yourself what it is like to drive the other one, fuck just buy the fucking miata already, they are fine, you will get through life just fine with one and people will laugh and your dad will be dissapointed in you for not wanting to drive his camaros even though you really do want to drive them you just cant afford it so you bought a miata,

Other miata owners will also naturally just show up next to your car, then you can both jerk each other off while talking about how good it is and how it has a torsen rear end, an and its got wishbone suspension an and RWD, and then you clean up and you go for a cruise.

also this is 1/3 camaros for those that are interested