Cts v

Why would someone buy a Z06 over a new CTS V? The Cadillac is

>nearly as fast (GM overlords took off a few horses to protect the vette)
>more comfortable
>practical
>kind of a sleeper
>not a meme car
>only a little more expensive
>did I mention comfortable and practical?

>inb4 "muh german engineering"

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20160517/OEM04/160519889/cadillac-s-midsize-sport-sedan-embraces-ct6-face-for-2017?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1
eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2017®ionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=19705§ion=oi_def&page=6&butID=3
eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/newfeatures.jsp?year=2017®ionID=1&lang=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=19584
motortrend.com/news/comparison-audi-s6-4-0t-quattro-vs-cadillac-cts-v-sport-vs-lexus-gs-f/
news.boldride.com/2015/10/2016-cadillac-cts-v-review-first-drive/91419/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>gm

i agree.
the Z06 is super impractical.
you see a bunch of corvettes being sold with the reason
>"wife wants me 2 sell it"

a bonus is the CTS-V doesn't overheat and holds it's value better.

>a little slower
>a little more expensive

You may have answered your own question

>dat 2008 korean interior

They are both great cars, but I would say the V// is a lot more practical for a friend/family environment. Sports sedans are the bees knees

>V//

>the only thing that matters is speed
>fuck practicality/comfort

Veeky Forumstistic boyracer detected

Agreed.

The corvette really isn't a daily driver car, and isnt something you can take your family out to dinner in, or even some friends out to drinks. The Cadillac gives you plenty of power, aggressive handling, C O M F Y, and five seats. If I could afford it I'd probably buy the CTS

What kind of idiot buys a car loaded with electronic gizmos made of lowest bidder parts and put together by mexicans?

I'd sell it before the warranty even ran out what a piece of shit.

Oh how I detest newtrip shitposters.

>put together by Mexicans
the CTS-V made in Canada.

not it isn't. The engine is built in mexico and the car is assembled in michigan by niggers.

>ugly as all fuck inside and outside
>handles like a boat compared to a Merc and BMW
>autotragic
yeah nah OP

>holds it's value better.
How do you compare how cars hold their value? Is there a good website for comparing this?

That shifter looks like a dildo

Robotic niggers

>implying there is anything wrong with that

The CTS shifter is a lot better than trying to use the overly complicated "flight stick" shifter BMW uses. Plus the traction and drive mode controls are right there so you don't have to go digging in the infotainment system or follow some 20 step checklist.

My friend has one of these things (he's an old jew). The car is very fun but it just looks so cheap on the inside. The Corvette is even worse, I know, but, why can't cadillac make a nice interior? His previous one had this ultra-fake looking carbon that was absolutely hideous also.

Overall it's a decent touring car though.

>digging in the infotainment system or follow some 20 step checklist.
BMW is awful with that. They've gotten better since the first iDrive, but it is still terrible. Mercedes has menu-hell on the GT S also. Fucking awful both of them.

Not the same person but all ATS and CTS V's are marketed up by at least $10k-$20k over MSRP at the dealership and the waitlist usually takes at least 6 months. The salesperson I test drove with in a CTS V Sport was very proud he sold a used CTS V for $90k. That being said, the ATS and CTS non V's depreciate much faster and are great bargains.

I think BMW still has the M button that turns everything off but I doubt that feature exists outside their M devision vehicles. Though Cadillac uses the same drive mode selection on all the CTS trims with Track Mode and Competition Mode being exclusive to the V Sport and V.

Ah, so because it's a hot car if you pay list you can drive it for a year or so and then resell it closer to what you paid for?

Corvette Z06s were getting over list for a while, weren't they? Now are they tanking?

>Ah, so because it's a hot car if you pay list you can drive it for a year or so and then resell it closer to what you paid for?
For the V's that's usually the case for about two years until they start depreciating.

>Corvette Z06s were getting over list for a while, weren't they? Now are they tanking?
They make a lot more Z06s compared to V's. The Lansing plant runs only two 8 hour shifts and about 80% on the Alpha Platform line are Camaro's compared to CTS and ATS. It's similar to how Porsche makes few GT3's and they are worth more than MSRP because the waitlist is so long.

>Ameriscrap cars

The CTS is actually Cadillac's most reliable car and is actually recommended by Consumer Reports.

Interesting, thanks. Yeah the GT3 RSs are going for like 30k over in my area.

excuse my, my friend just corrected me, one just sold recently for 90k over list (GT3 RS) here in Miami... which is insane....

I right now have $120K moved aside to buy a car and I really love the CTS-V. If they fucking care to read the reviews on their centre console and replace it with a more intuitive centre console, hell yes I'm off to the nearby Cadillac dealership.

What else do you think you'd get? Like what are the cars you are considering? Have you test drove them yet?

I test drove the CTS-V and the ATS-V a while ago and I liked the CTS-V more.
I'm also looking at the GSF.
>dat naturally aspirated V8
>dat straight-outta hell exhaust note
>dat sportiness to comfy at the press of a button
>I also like the design too.

What do you all recommend else other than my choices?

I don't seem to mind the infotainment system on my CTS. Volume controls are on the steering wheel and the capacitive buttons for climate control work alright. Though I do agree the capacitive buttons along with having to reach to touch them are not the best ergonomics. The main problem with CUE is that you have to set up all your favorites since the steering wheel doesn't have a seek track button that you can cycle through non favorited radio stations. Also the touchscreen picks up fingerprints easily.

I donno. I recently drove a C63 AMG and it was fun to drive, but it was really stiff and overall felt a bit kitsch. I don't think you should add that to your list, if that helps.

Most people put the ATS V, C63 and M3 as competitors.

Cool it there, chadwarden

GS F is better.

That's why I mentioned driving the C63. I'd be more likely to recommend it if he didn't seem to care about comfort. The AMG rides like shit.

There's absolutely no reason to buy a Cadillac in a world with Mercedes and BMW.

Which Mercedes of BMW should he get?

Also the over-glossy finish. It blinded my eyes. But they shine a lot in the comfort department.
I do also care about comfort and that is why added the GSF to my options. Also I care about the reliability, which the Merc and BMW obviously wouldn't give as much as the Cadillac and the Lexus gives.

Is there actually any update coming for the Cadillac's interior?

Personally I'd get a GS-F. The build quality is better than Cadillac's in my opinion. It's also an extremely comfortable grand tourer.

>Is there actually any update coming for the Cadillac's interior?
Didn't the CTS-V come out as 2016 models? I think an update would not be for a while if that's the case.

Looks nice inside. Not a fan of poop colored leather.

The ATS is getting a new dash though I don't know if it will be the digital dash in higher trim CTS's or XT5.

The 2017 CTS is only getting an exterior refresh which basically is just vertical exhaust tips: autonews.com/article/20160517/OEM04/160519889/cadillac-s-midsize-sport-sedan-embraces-ct6-face-for-2017?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Not the V but the V Sport 2017 updates: eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2017®ionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=19705§ion=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

Found the 2017 CTS V updates: eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/newfeatures.jsp?year=2017®ionID=1&lang=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=19584

Why would you buy a CTS V when you could buy 15 Geo Trackers for the same price?

>GS F
It seems Motortrend compares the GS F to the CTS V Sport which is down 200 hp compared to the CTS V. If you only care about performance than the CTS V will demolish a GS F but you may prefer the reliability and interior of the GS F over the CTS V.
motortrend.com/news/comparison-audi-s6-4-0t-quattro-vs-cadillac-cts-v-sport-vs-lexus-gs-f/

New one has real carbon fiber

Stop

I'd like to mention that the black interior with real carbon fiber inlets as well as the alcantara steering wheel and shift knob look fantastic in person on the CTS.

>almost 200 less horsepower
>roughly same price
>vacuum cleaner grill
>overall ugly

No thanks

If you want something comparatively boat-y an M5. Otherwise an M2.

>almost 200 less horsepower
>roughly same price
>vacuum cleaner grill
>overall ugly as shit

No thanks

I've driven a CTS V, it actually handles pretty well imo, much better than my dad's m5, or his old amg.

An M2 is way too small if a person needs to have adults fit in the back seat though an ATS V's backseat is really small as well.

>double posting
>concerned with looks only

How more cuck can you get?

>2015+1
>people still talking about buying a gm product
you can't make this shit up.

Don't feed the cancer of/o

>random guy who hates BMW reviews it poorly
Ok

>Jeremy Clarkson
>random guy

Nigger, c'mon.

Huh? I can get a less than 10 year old CTS-V with under 75k miles for ~10k. A similar corvette would be worth more. They do not hold value well.

But neither does the corvette, so it's really just a moo point.

>overheats after a lap
What is your definition of "reliable"?
news.boldride.com/2015/10/2016-cadillac-cts-v-review-first-drive/91419/

Wow, you guys are very helpful. Most people say the same opinion to me. Get the GSF if you want comfort. The GSF is obviously fast and I may not take it to the track and the CTS-V from what I've learned is a more race track focused car. Not complaining the CTS-V but that's a great car. I'm kinda slowly leaning to the GS-F and I'm keeping my 13' Avalon.

If they like the styling, the more sporty ride and the coupe appeal more than the Corvette is a better choice. Besides that, the CTS-V is pretty much better in every way.