I'm looking to buy a small SUV. I was considering buying a RAV4 around 2010-2012...

I'm looking to buy a small SUV. I was considering buying a RAV4 around 2010-2012. I tow a small trailer sometimes so i need some power so the V6 look interesting.

I'm open to suggestion.

The only compact SUV I'd consider. To bad if you can't get em where you are.

>To
me=retard.

>I tow a small trailer sometimes so i need some power
You do realize that hanging a bike trailer with a dirt bike behind your car is no more load than having two Americans as passengers, right?

Heard some horror story with those vitara.

I noticed when buying my GX470 that rav4s we only about 1K less and 1 year younger

I was only looking at models with less than 60K in miles for both vehicles

They really hold thier value

I kinda want one as they look like a mini GX but at about the same price (20K) I couldn't do it

Nissan xterra or jeep cherokee are options, the jeep with a 4.0 will have good power.

v6 is the only rav4 you should consider.

it's faster than a toyobaru

Buy a Geo Tracker mate. Most bang for your buck

OP I am in a similar boat. Have also been looking at
Ford escape v6
Subaru forester / outback
Dodge journey v6

Or maybe small truck territory
Dodge Dakota
Toyota Tacoma
Ford Ranger

Just more food for thought.

you obviously need a subaru with symmetrical 4wd

>FWD SUV

The RAV4 is another meme utility vehicle who's 4WD system turns off at 25 mph. Get a truck instead.

what do you tow?

Gonna be hauling my SV650S baiku. Thinking about getting a dirtbaiku as well. Also trailer is nice when moving (am currently renting, so moving is relatively common) since uhaul trailers are like $20 for a day unlimit mileage, versus renting a uhaul truck for deposit plus mileage.

ferd ranger. put the bikes in the bed. No trailer necessary.

desu senpai
Not really a fan of shoving SV up and down ramps into bed. Especially when am alone. I think trailer will do just fine when I need it (ie. when SV breaks down). Dirt bike would be easy to chuck up and down from bed tho

>there are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who would rather drive around with an unused bed 340 days a year and only have a tiny cabin available than attach a small trailer 25 days a year

I agree user, any other Choice is retarded.

>implying i need more than 2 seats.

It's not about the seats, it's about the several cubic meters of cargo space you get in a four door hatchback car when you fold down the rear bench without having to tie down all sorts of tarps and all that shit. And then you can still tow a bunch of crap occasionally.

This desu senpai.

4WD is a plus, but not 100% necessary (I live up in canuckistan, used to driving in snow). Would rather have roomier interior and rent a trailer when I need, than have truck capabilites all of the time.

Clearly the Suzuki X90 is the correct choice. same platform with 4x4 option, but you get all the pussy.

1. Ford Escape v6 - good power & mpg, cheap parts, good handling/ride feel. V6 auto is reliable setup. More like a car. But lots of room inside.
2. Jeep Cherokee (not Grand) inline 6 - gobs of power, mpg suffers. RWD Solid axle rear end with leaf springs. Cheap parts. Plentiful aftermarket support. Drives, feels, handles, more like a truck. More towing capable than most fwd suvs.
3. Toyota 4runner 3.4 v6 - less power than jeep, better mpg. Toyota reliability, parts still cheap . RWD solid axle w/ coil springs on a frame (vs unibody). More truck than car. Engine power limits towing capability. If you can find a supercharged TRD, enjoy paying twice as much as n/a unit.
4. Mercedes ML320 ML430. Great power & mpg. Chinese parts cheap & plentiful, used MB parts are not. Built like a tank with strong suspension components. Drives like the Escape.

I never even see them for sale except for once or twice a year around here and they are never in decent condition. Plus goes for about twice what a tracker in equivalent shape would. Still a cool little thing though.

I'd jump at the chance to snag one for cheap.