I'm thinking of buying a 2013 or 2014 Civic LX with the 5 speed manual. Would Veeky Forums recommend?

I'm thinking of buying a 2013 or 2014 Civic LX with the 5 speed manual. Would Veeky Forums recommend?

Or will it be a hassle to shift an econobox? And will I get buyers remorse or are these fun to drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

asia.vtec.net/Engines/RiVTEC/
asia.vtec.net/Engines/R18A/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fun
Not fun at all boss.

Hondas make excellent manuals tho

bump

come on, none of you niggers have driven a 5 speed 1.8 Civic?

Yeah, they are pretty good for the price. You can rev the shit out of it and still get great MPGs. VTEC sounds good. Not that much difference in torque with the Si, it handles great and it's pretty light. Imho it's perfect for city drive.

I have an 8th gen and like their exterior and interior better, but that's just me. I say, go for it.

I've got an 06 EX coupe (5mt) and like the other user said, it's quite good for the price. I average around 30 mpgs city, and even with that I can have some fun. Sure, it's no Si or sports car, but it's aight.

>tfw no VTEC

That sounds perfect for me, good gas while being fun to drive. Just not sure if I should still consider an Si, premium gas here is pricey.

I drove an Si as well as the EX, and considered both. Yes, the Si is a hell of a lot more fun and quick, but in my opinion it's really not worth the extra price / lower mileage. While your 0-60 may be 1.5 seconds less, you're getting less mileage.

In my opinion, the EX/LX is a no-brainer if you're looking for a decent econo car that can be some fun.

EX in 8th gen come with i-VTEC my man. Sure, it's a bit different, but it's still the same idea. Obligatory read.

asia.vtec.net/Engines/RiVTEC/

oshit I had no idea

I just don't hear it "kick in" or whatever because I don't rev it that high too often.

9th gen also has vtec only for the manual i think

Get the EX. Dont be a cheapass.

Why? Buy something more interesting.

A complete overview of the R18 for more information.

asia.vtec.net/Engines/R18A/index.html

EX doesn't come with a manual.

wat. I've got an EX manual. Granted 8th gen tho

GF has the 2013 EX. It is slow as shit, the steering has zero feel(but makes parking and maneuvering in parking lots possible with one finger), always gets 35mpg on regular gas, and it handles really well for what it is. Even I had some fun whipping it around turns just mashing on the gas

9th gen LX sedans have stick
9th gen LX and EX coupes have stick

auto?

Yes, auto. The shifts are smooth, but the damn thing is pretty sluggish. I have to really jam on the throttle to make it downshift and in all honesty, the sound of the engine is not all that attractive to me. But I know shit about hondas, the last one I drove was an Integra GSR which I loved to hear.

I heard the 5 speed manual makes it much better

>meanwhile 3 years later, OP's reaction to not buying the Si instead

It probably will, but again for OP's purposes don't expect to make this thing anything better than a reliable daily with good mpg.

Maybe. But 3 years later he will be able to afford an Si cheap, plus all the fuel saving.

It's not bad, but get the Si instead nigger. You won't regret it.

9th gen lx 4 door 5mt reporting in
Get it. Only down side is it gets worse gas mileage than the cvt but it's still manual. Mines a 2015.

Also any civic from 2006 to now has I-VTEC all of them do. Not just certain ones

9th gen Si sucks shit

baseline 2013 is comfy, heated seats, black with the chrome looks nice, more height room then a mazda 3 2011 tho it seems both the civic and the accords have less rear height room.

Compared to what?

Compared to the previous gen

Hmm. I did have an 8th gen Si coupe, but not long enough to figure it out.

how do you people afford Si insurance? y'all either old or not driving the coupe and therefore poop

Insurance isn't high
I'm not old.
I drive a coupe Si.

Save your money.
Get a good quality V-Tech thats been driven by some daily driver.

>V-Tech

ffs does honda make anything rwd now?

Nope.

>I will never experience v8 rwd Honda vtec kick in

Definitely look at the Si, I think the extra sportiness will make you feel more satisfied and the extra price for premium gas isn't that bad in the long run

I know that feel. A friend owns a S2000 that's mainly his track toy.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow

Test drive both, see which one you like better. Do not buy a car based on a few opinions on the Internet. From this thread, it seems like there is a split. It's up to you, OP.

Adding my 2 cents, I would get the LX 5-speed, coupe or sedan, because fuel and insurance will be relatively cheap, and it doesn't attract unwanted attention. I always look people in the eye when they drive an Si.

>I always look people in the eye when they drive an Si.

Why, you trying to race them or something?

I wish, but my Honda Fit ain't going nowhere, especially with the A/C on.

But really, I don't want to race. Just like to see what kind of people drive the car I sometimes wish I had.

>tfw I don't dare to go fast in my Fit
Fitbros unite

I have a 2013 EX auto civic, pretty much the base car. A little slow going up some steep freeways, but other than that it's ok. Handles well for having skinny tires.

I've seen as high as 41 mpg, but got about 38 on a recent 750 mile roadtrip. We started at 4:00 AM and man- you really get to know what you like and what you don't. With a full tank of gas, two fat people, and a bunch of luggage the lights were pointing pretty high. The seats were a little hard for 13 hours. I hate Chiraico Summit. I had an Ipod with 4 days of music on it, so that was fine.

>Kiddies thinking that their normie tier economy i-vtec is anything like a B Series or a K series

>same horsepower and torque as a b18b1

I wonder if the 1.8 with an intake sounds good

No exhaust tho, I don't want a loud ricey sound, just a good induction sound.

Jesus OP.

How many times do we have to fucking say it.

CIVIC or GTFO...wait a second

Buy a Mazda 3 or base Impreza 5 speed instead

a 2014 LX 5 speed is just as fast as a 2000 Civic Si

Never driven a manual one but ive got an automatic 2012, not great but it could be worse

Automatic and manual are night and day with R18s. It's an engine that likes to rev high, so you can't squeeze all the potential with an auto

Can confirm, own a '13 ex.
Although I was tboned by an suv and walked away while the suv driver was knocked out and had to be taken to the hospital. So I guess it got safety going for it.

Of course your automatic EX isn't fun

They're even worse with the CVT