Are ceramic headers worth it over stainless steel headers?

Are ceramic headers worth it over stainless steel headers?

These are going in my daily driver and it is not a show car - are they worth it? How much heat do they hold in compared to stainless steel? Will it make the cabin not as hot?

Ceramic COATED

They hold more heat.

I don't think so. Just insulate the cabin if you're worried about heat

Ceramic headers are usually for people who race often and can replace them often. They handle heat well but they are known to crack over time. Go with stainless steel,

They are stainless steel but ceramic coated

I can get the steel ones without ceramic coating for $400 or ceramic coated for $450

If you ever plan to go FI I'd do it. If your car has a tendency to run hot I'd do it. If you plan to race your car often I'd do it. Also before you listen to this dingus know that ceramic is a coating for headers, they aren't actually made of ceramic. Also weather or not it's a show car shouldn't matter. They don't have to be ceramic coated to get a chrome covering if that's what you're thinking of, nor are all ceramic coated headers shiny like in the pic of the OP.

If it's only 50 bucks more you might as well
And you can probably wrap them too if you want

I've seen spot cracks in ceramic coated headers, it's happened to me as well, the coating/chipping/flaking under repeated high stress.

DC headers used to be ceramic coated and they stopped because the amount of cracks showing in less than 6 months in.

Don't wrap your ceramic headers

They are more corrosion resistant than painted ones, and they look prettier.

Stainless is both corrosion resistant and will handle higher temperatures than mild steel.

If you live in a high corrosion area and don't have to customize your headers to make them fit then go for it. You could always buy painted ones and get them coated after you know they fit.

Also don't wrap them.

Don't fall for the header wrap meme

I thought it was common knowledge to not wrap your headers

Are eBay headers worth it for a shitbox?

You could just wrap the headers instead.

it's okay if you use high grade stainless

Id just go stainless. I doubt op is trying to hit 600+whp so stainless should do just fine for most applications. Plus stainless just looks better. Don't bother wrapping either.

>disgusting booger welds EVERYWHERE
>wekds every 4"
>shit quality metal
yeah that crack wasn't caused by header wraps, those look like they were made by some nigger in detroit for his honda

this lol

header wraps do destroy headers though.

no it's just poor cunts who wrap pot metal headers to mask the shittiness giving wrap a bad name

I see cracked headers all the time due to heat shields. Wrap does the same thing, keeps the heat in the header. Not even really sure what people using wrap think they are accomplishing, factory headers have the heat shields for emissions reasons.

heh

Depends on how many components are near them. An uncoated header is going to radiate a ton of heat that can easily cook electronics and melt stuff if you're driving hard enough to get them hot. Less heat under the hood is always a good thing so get the coated ones.

that's probably down to the shit tier metal Ferrari specifies

Gee, that looks awfully familiar. Are you me?

Ceramic coating is more for corrosion resistance and looks. Stainless headers will turn bluish/purple over time with heat and some people don't like that. As far as wrapping goes I wouldn't bother, the headers will run cooler than stock manifolds anyways because they flow better. Hence the reason you get them. Depending on vehicle application, headers alone might not give you much gain as a first mod (if it is your first mod). Your car will need a tune to see the full extent of the headers and to turn off any cel. (Assuming they are not for carbuerated car which you'll have to adjust your fuel anyways) if you're running a catted mid pipe you might still throw a code because your o2 sensors are usually relocated and the distance between upstream and downstream o2 sensors change and that affects their readings.