Post a worse shifter placement. Pro tip, you cant

Post a worse shifter placement. Pro tip, you cant.

This Gen of civic SI was a total abomination both inside and out design wise. What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVk3UO_tsUU
youtu.be/rVk3UO_tsUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking terrible

inb4 column shifter

This is one of the best civics inside and outside. You are just upset that you're somehow so poor you can't afford an old civic

Weak b8

>defending that shit
And this is why honda fan boys are considered delusional. Well, that and thinking your economy car is also a race car.

Nice and close to the steering wheel. Why's that bad?

b8

>I DONT LIKE THING

The gearshift is great on these what are you on about?

Hey fags, i want to buy an ep3 and use it as a DD, how much are they going for nowadays?

>board for auto discussion
>gets triggered by auto discussions

Too much.

3 grand tops

a proper ep3 or US civic """""""si"""""""""?

What?
3 grand minimum

I said 3 grand tops is what they go for here. They are shit vehicles

t.someone who's never driven one

They're 3 grand minimum

You've never actually driven this car, have you?

I owned one and hated it. Bought another E46 as a daily.
Apparently fucking not considering what they go for in my area

Yes, I've personally experienced this uncomfortable gutless disaster of a car

Yeah OP, worst placement ever

You should work at Porsche and set those engineers straight

The one who designed it liked to suck cocks and also cars, so he combined both things to do at once.

you must live in an extremely poor area. In the civilized part of the US (read: Los Angeles), the only 2002-2005 civic si's that go for ~$3k are either salvaged or shitty.

EP3s still go for $4500-$5k in my area. Shifter placement in the ep3 is generally regarded as good by most. Only people that say otherwise only say that because they think it's fucking weird.

Everyone else thinks it's nice, better feedback, quicker shifts because less distance for hand to leave wheel, etc.

Would buy if cheap, but can't justify ep3 over an RSX for similar money.

>implying Los angeles isn't full of Mexicans driving up the rice tax
>civilized
Top kek

Let me guess, you're one of those faggots who rests their hand on the shift knob while driving

So what you're saying is you are poorer than Mexicans in LA?

kek

I'm saying I don't have to deal with Jorge plowing my mom while I'm at work in cuckangeles. Sorry you live in a shithole.

>LA
>Civilized

t. flyover

Why are their so many salty cucks in this thread? Everyone who's ever driven one loves the shifter. Did OP lose a green light to a turbo k20? :^)

If it's so bad then why is it in the same location in the Carrera gt?

This is the goat location.

>No real rebuttal
>It's b-bait!
>My insecurities feel so much better more

t. Washington
enjoy your communist little mexico where you can't even buy legal weed. oh how progressive you are

>someone from washington calling california communist
wow stop posting anytime.

and we were literally the first stay to have dispensaries, not that it matters because I'm not a degenerate stoner.

kek you're actually that delusional you think the rest of the west coast is as cancerous as the hell hole you call home. nigga pls.
>dispensiaries
oh you mean the ones for med card holders that your state loves to raid? shit ain't legal famalam.

>implying the carrera gt doesn't look like ass too.

it's not legal in any state.
and why the fuck are you arguing about weed you fucking swaggot.. no one cares about legal weed not even stoners.

washington and oregon are way more liberal than california, dude. leave your house every once in a while.

way more liberal, but do they have cuckmission tests as bad as CA?

Looks pigfat

I don't know and I don't care.. only normies and amatuers care about passing smog every 2 years

>I don't know and I don't care
auto """"""""""""""""""""""""enthusiast""""""""""""""""""""""""" doesn't even know his own laws

stay in school, jimmy

Nothing is wrong with being liberal, I said you live in a communist state.

Enjoy your niggers, spicks, income tax, high sales tax, congestion, shit firearm laws, no legal weed, public intox laws, car crushed for "racing", exorborant housing prices, CARB, smog testing...we'll you know what you call civilized lmao
No, just smog in seattle/spokane and no CARB non sense.

keep lying to yourself. your state blows.

Nothing wrong with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rVk3UO_tsUU

Is that the fucking Multipla

kek

Lol, honest question senpai, have you ever actually used a vertical shifter? And was this thread really worthwhile? I mean, no thread on Veeky Forums really is, but you're just throwing more trash in the cess pool. I expected more from you OP.

Most people who drive it say it's actually one of the redeeming qualities of the car, besides its cargo space. I'm guessing most of the people ITT haven't driven one.

It doesnt seem that bad.

It looks like the logical step from a column shifter. Probably a bit less complex than the former since the linkages are straighter.

Probably one of those quirks you learn to deal with as you go along, and there are much weirder things to deal with than that. Pic related.

checkmate athiests

Now with video

youtu.be/rVk3UO_tsUU

From this post alone, it becomes glaringly obvious you've never driven this car. It's universally hailed for being one of the best transmissions/shifter locations in any car.

Go back to your 87 Camaro, homeboy.

kek all these triggered honda "enthusiasts" ITT, well done OP

look at this fucking garbage shifter on the dash screens on the fucking steering wheel

what were they thinking?

>fake carbon fiber bits all over
Fucking hondafags and their rice

Are you trolling or retarded

not only is it pretty ugly
it also gets in the way of those buttons near it
it is not optimal

Like the idea not the implementation. Could work better if lower and closer to the driver.

There's a lot to like about the car m8. I'm sitting in one right now

Because what people really need to use when driving a hyper car is the buttons that lock the doors

Checkm8

>"hey, let me adjust the diff"
>finger misses the button and moves the dial to neutral while at speed
>transmission grenades

>neutral
>grinds
Lol wut

I don't think you've driven a car before honestly

>I support knobs for gear selectors because I myself am a knob: the posts

>moves the dial to neutral while at speed
>transmission grenades
You're an idiot

Here the dashboard shifter has a purpose because the Multipla has 3 seats in front.

>Manual
>No rev. indicator

How are you supposed to know when to shift?
How can you do that sick toegay rev match when downshifting?

Looks like a cheap Dell laptop from 2002

it has a notification noise

Not the person you are replying to, but that honda shifter is quite fine. It just looks odd. It gave me a truck vibe with the height I got from it, which I was very familiar with. It also had a better feel than other civics that I have driven over the years.

Would you care to elaborate on that Citroen though, you have piqued my interest.

WANT

lol, you can switch from D to N all day and nothing will happen. Have you even driven a car b4?

>Have you even driven a car b4?
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

My civic had no tach

I honestly didn't notice for a week.

If you can't drive manual by ear yr dumb

You haven't driven a car with perfect engine balance, have you?

Because you can hear the acoustic difference between 7k RPM and 8k RPM, which is the difference between stretched rod bolts and being able to drive tomorrow.

Lol I live in the great city of Los Angeles and there's nothing civilized about this place. Every weekend I'm at a club or a hipster bar making a fool of myself and puking in the parking lot. You can't explain that.

>he drives a manual

You can risk over revving it

No you can't, the computer takes into consideration what speed you're going at and puts it into the appropriate gear

If you accelerate hard, don't lift off, and switch suddenly to neutral, you don't think the revs would spike like crazy?

>What were they thinking?

It's the one they designed at Honda UK.
BAsically a bunch of Brits thought they had a clean slate to show the Japs how to design a car properly.

Are you saying Brits are shit at designing cars OP?

That's what a Rev limiter is for

The Vector was auto, doesn't count

ask your bus driver

>Hight
Do they save weight not printing the 'e'?

>tfw you DD this car
>tfw you don't give a shit what other people say about it
>tfw you realize the shifter looks like an erect penis

Yeah I really like this car. It's fun. Not particularly fast, but excellent for what it's worth

I was DD the other night and all my friends that I drove to the bar liked it. It's a really fun car, great daily driver

dead pls stay go

It's not a race car dumbass

>Los Angeles
>civilized
>implying fucking LA is any metric for the rest of the states
why are californianiggers always so insufferably delusional

Rev limiter dumbass, the ECU will cut the fuel supply to prevent it from harming the engine, even when you're in gear