Whats the best way to learn to drive a manual Veeky Forums?

Whats the best way to learn to drive a manual Veeky Forums?

Ive been daily driving my auto for 2 years now, even took long road trips and consider myself a good aggressive driver in the city but today my dad bought a standard car and I tried using it and holy shit it was hard as fuck

Everytime i shifted gears the car jerked and one time i stoped just before a ramp and when i tried to go i literally stalled like 10 times

tomorrow my dad works and i have to take the car to a tire shop for new tires thats like 20min away from my house and im getting really nervous just like when i first started driving

Step 1: Find a car with a manual transmission
Step 2: Get into that car.
Note: Step 3 will be much easier if you get into the driver's seat.
Step 3: Drive the car.

Just drive around your neighborhood practicing stops until its comfortable

i should have specified

Best way to learn manual FAST and in high traffic city driving
Ill feel like a fool if I keep stalling on a ramp and have everyone hoking at me

buy a shitbox with a manual for $1500, high traffic areas are great for learning, slow going, and you always have to keep shifting to keep up

>consider myself a good aggressive driver
The best way is to grow up.

go in an empty parking lot and practice clutch grab point forward, stop, forward stop a ton of times. Drive around through city at night (7pm+) so you stop at lights every once and awhile near lighter traffic. once you get that you're pretty much able to drive daily in heavy traffic.

learn to hill start though. go find a shipping dock with concrete ramps at night, or something similar

go drive right now instead of posting on Veeky Forums

Just get in and fucking do it OP. There is no elaborate science to it.

>bought first car as a standard
>never drove standard in my life
>pickup car, it's nice and clean waiting for me in their shop
>took me 2 minutes to figure out I had to push the clutch in while turning the key to start it
>pull away revving excessively while riding the clutch
>everybody in the shop probably shaking their head in disgust as I stall turning onto the road
>next day I went to Tim Hortons drive through
>sweating bullets because car behind me is so close and I didn't know how to use the clutch to stop from rolling back

Glorious times. I miss standard driving. I want my next car to be a Emmanuel.

>
first step: come to Australia
second step: don't be a shitcunt and drive a manual like a real man

Or really just start by holding the car on a slight incline just with the clutch then ease into the accelerator, get the feel of the clutch then go from there

fag went back to auto

not needing to do extra shit when going emergency braking other than braking, is a selling point, not everyone wants to be a boyracer their entire life

Watch some youtube tutorials where camera is at feet so you can actually see what's going on instead of what some person tells you, helped learning alot

yeah because using your foot thats not doing anything anyway is really hard..

I learned manual in about half an hour (Note: learned, i have yet to master the technique)
You just need to watch some youtube videos about how to drive manual and find the biting point of your car, if you have someone you know who knows how to drive manual, asked them for help or advice, even if its shitty, you'll find that learning with someone in the passenger seat is more fun.

Just remember not to use the ac on cheap manuals especially if you need to hill start.

>implying driving manual makes anyone a boyracer

Stay cucked boomer

It's really not that hard just takes time to fine tune.

I learned stick back in 2007 on a friends evo ix mr. I finally bought a manual car (2016 sti limited) the other day and drove it home.

it was a little jerky from 1st to 2nd gear but no issue taking off. just practice.

pic related

>learned manual in 2007
>bought a manual car 9 years later
Fucking cringe. I learned manual and bought a manual car months after

>months after
Max cringe. I learned to drive in a manual and started driving my manual car that I bought 6 months earlier as soon as I passed my test

Your reply isn't even an argument.
Good try though kiddo

Go to a driving school

>Be europoor
>90% of all cars are manual
>laugh at amerifats who act like manual is hard

>p plates
>manual license
Us amerifats laughing at your government

>being this annoyed

I wasn't even bullshitting or arguing just worded it like you.

manual license means you can drive both manual and auto you fucktard

>p plates

where i'm at we use the superior pic related instead

>Tim Hortons

>i have to take the car to a tire shop for new tires
Take it to a clutch shop for a new clutch on the way back.

I have a question too. If a car has enough torque can I take off without the need to clutch and give revs? Like a diesel? Bunny hopping and stalling fucking sucks ass and biting point bullshit is fucking horrible.

>If a car has enough torque
Unless you're driving something that weighs three tons and has 10hp, you should be able to get most cars moving with just the clutch. You'll have to slip the fuck out of the clutch if it's a heavier car, but it is possible.

>You'll have to slip the fuck out of the clutch
It's not even much of a problem at low speeds, unless you do it all the time. What kills the clutch is revving to 4k RPM, then ride the clutch until the car slowly picks up speed to match the engine RPM.