Twingo GT

Twingo GT
Turbocharged, 900cc three-cylinder engine pumping out 110 hp (82 kW)170 Nm (125 lb.ft) of torque. Revised suspension, tweaked ESP calibration and variable rate steering. The tweaks should free up some of the potential lurking within the car's 911 apingunderpinnings.It will make its first public appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, kicking off on June 23.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20uayE1aJaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw Renault made a better New Mini than the New Mini

>GT

>Gran Turismo

>900cc three-cylinder engine

>Gran Turismo

>Gran Turismo

>Gran Turismo

>americucks will never get this

Clio v6 successor when?

right next to clio v6, in the trash where it belongs.

>tfw no more iterations of clio williams

Why even live.

hope its not only that god awfull 4 door abomination. but eh best to wait a few years so you can just map it to 150hp/160ft lb

Nigga, it's a subcompact. What would you like, an ls crate engine in it?

>R5 turbo

Also, "Gran Turismo" and "subcompact" don't belong in the same sentence either.

>not naming it twingo gordini.

> "Gran Turismo" and "subcompact" don't belong in the same sentence either.
U wot m8?

>needing more spare gearboxes than the average subaru driver
>not even as fast
maximum kek

clio rs16 ??

It will die before 80k

Fucking hell, can we stop cramming horsepower in tiny ass engines?

Is it RWD though?

Nah man, its rear engined fwd.

If you use proper materials it's absolutely fine mate

high speed comfort and style
twingor

yeah small engines have gotten ridiculously durable. Sometimes the stuff around it sucks, like hoses and plastic bits that don't hold up as long as you'd like.

dumb burger kings

First time ever a new car tempts me to pull the trigger.

Around 14k€ in EU I hope. Can sell it to my oh, it is cute, small, has 4 door, great turning circle, it's cheap as fuck to run, etc.

While it is rwd, sub ton weight, manual and with 0-60 sub 10 seconds. Enough to be fun.

I have a bike to be insanely fast. I want a fun car, and this sounds like one.

Waiting for reviews to see if handling has been improved.

>900cc three-cylinder engine pumping out 110 hp
That's pretty shit

>That's pretty shit

They are afraid of youngsters doing silly shit with a RWD car this cheap and small hence they're not going bezerk with the hp

but is it cute?

absolutely not

it's smug

They really fucked up by not making it look like this

these open pimple wound daylights bother me greatly.
also the grill.

to be honest the whole front is fucked up.

>these open pimple wound daylights bother me greatly.
>open pimples
They really know their target buyer group

>They are afraid of youngsters doing silly shit with a RWD car this cheap and small hence they're not going bezerk with the hp
They're absolutely not scared of killing some teenagers you fucking moralfag.

They're either saving higher power for a Twingo R.S. or they're not going to make one because it doesn't make financial sense to do so.

Same fucking reason Ford didn't go ahead with pic related, they were too scared it wouldn't make dosh.

>implying others of being moralfags makes (You) a moralfag

>projecting one's own morality onto companies whose sole purpose is to make money, by any means necessary
>being this much of a moralfag AND a corporatefag
lmaoing at your life, son

>A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a performance and luxury automobile capable of high speed and spirited long-distance driving.
By this definition only the Germans even build grand tourers because their cars are the only ones purposely engineered to sustain 150 mph for hours.

They are, if the car gets bad reputation sales will definitely be affected.

Honestly, they used rwd because smart offered the platform and it allows for a small car with good interior space and great turning circle, not for the dynamics... this is our petrolhead perspective, but sales managers are not even thinking on us.

The gt or an eventual even sportier version are just halo products.

Yeah, if there was a 260whp awd fiesta, no one would ever buy the focus st againlol

>260whp awd
That literally wasn't the concept at all, faggot. It was going to keep the same NA engine as the ST150 but with the air restrictor removed and the engine tweaked to put out 200hp through the front wheels.

>those wheels

I want everybody to die

>>A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a marketing term used by marketers to tempt prospective consumers into purchasing more profitable versions of a particular car model
Fixt m8

;_;

But it's got the best departure angle I've ever seen

it could have been great but it probably won't be. In town, the 90hp version will be just as quick and more comfortable. Also, the GT has a 180 kph top speed while the 90 hp is just 15 kph slower, 0-100 kph is almost identical.

2/10, would get the VW Up! TSI instead.

Up! GT when?

>acceleration is almost the same

>20hp difference, both ~950kg

Fishy as fuck. Smelly like heavy electronic nannies.

Even though the RS16 will likely be objectively better than the Clio v6, it's still not a V6 MR hatchback.

>GT only available with EDC and not manuel like the weaker ones

ABANDON SHIP
ABANDON SHIP
ABANDON SHIP
ABANDON SHIP
ABANDON SHIP

Fuck off you fucking nigger. It's RR. It's basically a mini french 911

for a second it looked like a V6

3 cylinder's can fool you like that

>Not making the Twin'Run
INTO THE FUCKING TRASH

Http://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/renault-twingo-gt-tiny-hot-hatch
>But while the Smart is only available with an automatic gearbox (complete with launch control), the Twingo is manual-only. Good.
Wrong.

Arguably a better Fiat 500/600, given the engine layout.

Sorry I don't speak nazi

>0.9 engine
>better than a 1.4 turbo with 160/180/190hp
gtfo rwd nigger

maybe it's only dct in germany, but it's manual in the uk

Meanwhile, naturally aspirated 1000cc motorcycles have been reliably producing 150+hp.

yeah, pulling 200kg for 50k before needing a rebuild

>too dumb to read the most basic numbers

150mph isn't sustained high speed. In some cases, depending on the road, consistently going 60-70mph can be high speed.

An Up! GTI with the 1.4 turbo from the Polo GTI would be amazing.

If three fit - another bank of three would fit as well.

nope
it would still be a shitty VW lol

> consistently going 60-70mph can be high speed

Try 40-50
t. Russian

>too dumb to read the most basic numbers
>basic numbers
>numbers
It would have taken 10 seconds to find the same chart in English. I don't know if you've noticed, but every post here is in English. Next time do a better job of hiding your autism

XD

Other dude.
It would also take you 10 seconds to find it in English if you don't understand what for example 170Nm would refer to.

>It would also take you 10 seconds to find it in English
Yes I realize that. Otherwise I wouldn't have known what the fuck "höchstgeschwindigkeit" is supposed to mean. But I find it retarded to have to decipher a post with a random chart in a foreign language in response to an argument

honestly my german is virtually non existent and i didn't have any trouble with what german user posted

Good for you faggot

If this weighs more than 900kg its shit

Full load is full load no matter how much weight you're actually moving. And jap sportsbike engines with proper maintenance have been known o do multiple 100k miles.

i wasn't trying to upset you user

There's plenty of other things wrong with the base model that they could easily fix before worrying about weight

>These are the people posting here

Care to explain to me how accelerating a light vehicle quickly puts less strain on an engine than accelerating a heavy vehicle slowly?
You're still asking it to make the same amount of power/torque and corresponding internal pressure.
And the reason most bikes don't have that kind of mileage is that bikes don't get ridden as much as cars.

Easy.
Having a higher load means the engine will not rev up as quickly when accelerating as with less load.
Now, especially with high revving literbike engines, you'll have to rev it very high to use the little torque they produce to have some adequate acceleration as with a car engine.

Now, what happens, if you keep it at 15k rpm for quite some time? Yes, all the bearings take quite a beating and heat is a problem too. You'd have the same load on the engine it normally only has when driving top speed and even then they aren't running into the rpm limiter but more the drag is limiting them.

That's the reason the hayabusa engines in the smart don't live very long.

If it was that simple everyone would use 1.5" journal crankshafts like bikes do.

Basically you are saying bike engines last longer in bikes because they spend less time under full load than they would in cars. That makes sense, you don't frequently need 200 actual HP.
But by the same token even shitty little econoboxes get by without using even their full power most of the time.

It's mostly that the driveability characteristics of a bike engine don't lend themselves to the purpose usually filled by cars.

I'm obviously addressing the durability issue, not driveability

But it's not even a comparison.
Obviously a literbike engine scaled up to 2L wouldn't work.
And using an actual literbike engine in a car has more grave issues than durability.

Older econoboxes do last, because they don't have a NA engine that makes their peak torque past 8k rpm but more so at 3.5-4k.
All about that piston speed.

see I've been on about durability since I joined ITT

>m8

I know and I'm saying there is nothing about the durability of a literbike engine that would make it unsuitable for use in cars.
Sure it revs high but it also revs high in bikes and bike engines are typically the last thing to fail if at all.

It would have taken 5 seconds to copy and paste that into google translate, or even less time if you're not a nigger and understand basic etymology and root words. For example, Doppelkupplung. Doppel means the same as it does in the english word Doppelganger, or a double of a person. Kupplung is phonetically similar to Coupling, so Doppelkupplung is a dual coupling, otherwise known as dual clutch transmission. Which is the topic on hand, the Twingo GT only seems to come with the DCT, no manuel.

If you know one language that uses the Latin alphabet (English, Spanish, German, Italian, etc) it's usually not hard to figure out what most words mean in another.

>french anything
No.

>I'm saying there is nothing about the durability of a literbike engine that would make it unsuitable for use in cars.

Oh okay. Well in that case you're wrong.

It takes less effort for you because you know these phonetic connections exist. For me, it's guesswork. Also, it took you a full minute to write your response and me 10 seconds to read and understand it. And I'm wasting another minute responding to your worthless comment. I thought germans had a better nack for efficiency. Or is that only for exterminating minorities?

Looks live a Volvo?

>implying there won't be an even hotter version.

I mean, renault made an RR compact car with 110 hp and 4 wheel disk brakes nearly 50 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=20uayE1aJaM

Manual will be avaible.

Other guy here.

Do you really need to be spoon-fed everything? Do you go to foreign countries and complain not everything is in English?

It's not like you were tasked with translating an ancient alien mural.

strewth cunt, my stato's a gt too, 235kw of freedom and suspension tuned for comfy high-speed stuff

cunts wrong though, stuff like toyota soarers are the definition of gt