Is a jaguar worth the price? are they expensive to fix? what should i look out for in terms of repairs...

Is a jaguar worth the price? are they expensive to fix? what should i look out for in terms of repairs? This is one of the jaguars im looking into getting. Its a 2004 xjr or xj8. I'm also looking at the 2002 and 98

Other urls found in this thread:

sngbarratt.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Expensive abroad.
Worth it if you want to be maximally comfy

Best car you can drive if you like walking the line right between luxury and performance.*
Worth fixing, not super hard to fix, try to find one with no engine problems and a fucked tranny.

Never buy an x350 model, shit jaguar body style. Buy an x300^ so 97-03

the later ones you can get cheep ford parts as spares and replacements
at I guess only the suspension and wiring loom would be odd ball

how so?

why is it shitty?

bump

XJR motor is bulletproof, same with the ZF transmissions found in 2004+ models. No VVT nonsense means there is very little to go wrong

Electronics are always iffy, no matter how meticulous the service records

electronics in jaguars are bad?

bump

Buy a well maintained 1995-2003 and you'll be fine. Those are easy to work on and fairly reliable.

They're a nice mix between BMW performance and Mercedes comfy

Air suspension problems for starters

Have a look around here for parts prices sngbarratt.com

The X350 is all aluminium iirc, so if you live where there's lots of roadsalt, humidity and stuff that could be worth something.

Most modern Jag I've owned is a 1994 so no personal experience on the newer ones, altho I gather the late 40's and x300/308 are pretty similiar, I have some rear suspension parts from the x308 in my 40, fits like a glove.

Anyway, looking in the forums and such there's a lot of x350 diy and I think there might be a jdht workshop manual available for them too, I know there is for the earlier models.

Had a look and it seems to be a well discussed issue but there's also conversion kits around. The old SLS had loads of trouble too, seems they never learn with that stuff, most of those cars have been converted to regular suspension.

Would DDing an XJS be retarded ?

>Send my XJ6 in for a little service.

>€ 4783.25

Will be fine for the right sort of person, had an '85 HE for a while, it was a weekend driver only though.

Requesting pic of invoice!

bump for interest

2nd'ed

user pls?

N I K A S I L
I
K
A
S
I
L

If you keep it in tip top shape and have a second car it will be fine.

As your only vehicle and you're poor? no.

Boughton an 04 xj8 about a year ago. I fucking love it!

buy a ford, cheaper to fix