Be American

>be American
>see this
>stop the car, put freedomstick in P and start crying

Other urls found in this thread:

greatdreams.com/blog-2013-2/dee-blog526.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do non-Americans really spend this much time thinking about Americans?

That's weird.

>be american in a civic/corolla
>see that
>go around it as fast as your shitbox can handle without understeering into the sunset

I live right next to one lmao
This is completely true.

You must be in India, your WM is in the street.

kektus

We have these Dummy
Granted they aren't very common but they aren't too rare
There are like 3 big ones in a nearby town
The are pretty great

Roundabouts seem to be faster than stop signs to be quite honest family.

can confirm
i do the same shit

Do the Yuropoor not realize the US has a lot of roundabouts?

>freedomstick

You're welcome.

We have these in somewhat upscale neighborhoods. They are very efficient with little to no traffic.

I feel its trying to summon something

Some sort of swastika pentagram hybrid?

I Learned these playing cities skylines

yes m8, love that roundabout

for the amerifags the outside ones are standard, but you go round the middle one in the opposite direction to traffic

one of the main complaints I hear about roundabout is them taking up so much space
but other ways of dealing with traffic seem like just as much of a cluster fuck

greatdreams.com/blog-2013-2/dee-blog526.html
geometric patterns are a little hard to figure
but are mostly informed by fractal mathematics

This is the only correct way to go through a roundabout, everything else is bitch tier.

It's brilliant. All the accidents provide all the human sacrifices you'd ever need.

>be American
>see this
>stop the car, put freedomstick in P and start crying

The USA has roundabouts, but you'll not find them in the urban areas not just because the land is expensive, but because the red light from traffic lights are also used to create gaps on city streets where there are few cars. These gaps allow parked cars or cars idling in a driveway to enter the roadway. Otherwise those cars would wait forever because no one stops to let them enter the roadway.

A feature of traffic lights over roundabouts is that emergency vehicles trigger them from a distance and if the traffic computer senses an ambulance is on the roadway, it changes a set of traffic lights to allow motorists to drain out and clear a path for the emergency service vehicle in a congested city street.

The other problem with roundabouts is that someone has to provide the land for one, and no one at the intersection areas is willing to donate.

In USA residential neighborhoods, roundabouts are used to slow traffic down. They break up long straight roads so the teenagers and man children don't race or otherwise blaze thru. They are RETROFITTED into intersections and are typically very small with high curbs. The corners of the intersections are shaved off a little to allow moving vans to go through them. In a few neighborhoods, they are so tight that if a large semi-truck moving van tried to go around, it would hang up on the obstacle. Typically these are neighborhoods near busy roads, and the residents were tired of drivers taking short cuts around congestion by zipping thru the residential streets with business vehicles (delivery vans, semi trucks, etc). Thus, a sign is posted "no trucks over 6,000 W/W" or "no trucks over 10,000 W/W". or "no trucks over 8,000 gross weight". Once the sign is up, a walled roundabout is put in. If the truck enters, it can't go thru the roundabout without punishment damage; it must since traffic behind the truck landlocks the truck.

sending meat lovers pizza to every house in your area
better tip nerd

>better tip nerd

How about you find a better employer that doesn't lobby lawmakers to exempt them from minimum wage laws?

>be Europoor
>see this
>wonder why your country is shit and has no money

>not europe
>is roundabout

Yup ,shanghai china

another pic

Oh, fuck that shit. I got dumped from the world's biggest roundabout (The M25) onto one of those one night by 'diversion' signs.

>understeer
>aproblem
git gud moron
Does anyone here actually drive cars

Roundabouts create gaps as well, with priorities.

Otherwise, we have retrofitted roundabouts here too. We call them 'mini roundabouts', and councils go around dropping them off the back of a truck.
They're used to change priorities to allow people out of housing estates they should be walled up in, and to ruin nice quick roads with stops.

Our local authorities aren't as fascist as yours.

understeer isnt a problem for slow daily drivers.

>China.

It's funny that the building behind it was built just far enough away that if it did fall over it wouldn't hit it.

nah

Chinese engeering

>What if birding farr over?
>>Bird other birdings farther away so farring birding wont hit it
>Duck Peking you are genius, you wirr win medar for this!

>America doesn't have roundabouts...

>giant three lane roundabout
>traffic still backing up
>because it's full of traffic lights
Good job you stupid fucking inbred island cunts.

They constructed a double roundabout a few miles from my home. It replaced a four was intersection where main road cross traffic did not stop.

The roundabouts (both) are not wide enough diameter for a truck to use and stay in a single lane.

So now instead of every once in a while a car pulled out and got hit by cross traffic, now every once in a while a car trades paint with a freight truck. On top of people panic stopping in the circle and before entering it.

Life is suffering.

No, I'm just wondering why Murrikans waste money on half a dozen bridges half a mile long each when a single bridge suffices, especially considering the otherwise horrid maintenance state of the American road network. Aren't there hundreds of bridges across the country that are technically too unsafe to even remain open, including some highway bridges?

that just retarded

They're all in Pennsylvania. Most in Pittsburgh.

We, no shit, built a smaller bridge under a bridge just to catch the shit falling off the taller bridge instead of letting it fall onto the highway.

This existed FOR YEARS and was only taken down recently.

Close any of them for proper repairs and the entire city loses their shit. Rightfully so, since there's only a handful of ways across the river within reasonable distance, none of them designed for heavy traffic

Clover leaf intersections like that one are actually really bad for traffic flow since the traffic merging and separating from the on/off ramps run into each other.

Something like pic related is alot better for traffic flow.

Even a turbine is more affordable and works better than that gigantic clusterfuck you have in Los Angeles while retaining mostly the same speeds.

Turbinemind.

In response to 43 the turbine requires a few more embankments and bridges than a clover leaf though. Here in Germany, the land of clover leaf interchanges, I've never heard of a case where an interchange clogged up because of this.

>TRIGGERED

LA has turbines you dumb fuck. Did you not see the i5 110 interchange posted above.

this shit happens all the time at these two intersections near me, because we have a shit ton of semi traffic and one semi take up the whole area inbetween the onramp and offramp and people are retarded when it comes to speeding up and or doing any type of maneuver to merge in to traffic

semis have flipped on this one a couple times too

Its called weaving. In that clover leaf you see the ramps on the top bridge both exit and enter right into each other.

When I run for office I will run on a platform of converting all of our intersections into roundabouts. I'm tired of the inefficiency that is the American intersection! Having to stop, start up again, wait for ungodly amount of time at protected red lights. God damn it to hell!!

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE USED THIS EPIC MEME

That interchange is bigger than most yuro towns rofl

Time to play Cities Skylines

Any questions?

>Be american
>stop in the roundabout to let people in

>Be american
>fly into the roundabout with yeilding

>Be american
>Go around the roundabout the wrong way

>Be American
>Stop at the roundabout and sit for 30 seconds while you try to understand it

>Be American
>get shot trying to use the roundabout

>Be american
>Have superior engineering because your country isn't a 3rd world totalitarianship

>stopping and starting traffic every single block
>superior

Roundabouts reduce congestion and emissions

>TURNING LEFT IS UNSAFE
>LET'S MAKE EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO TURN LEFT DRIVE AN EXTRA HALF MILE AND THEN FORCE THEM TO TURN AROUND AND MERGE ACROSS MULTIPLE LANES OF FLOWING TRAFFIC
This is literally the single most retarded road layout in the world.

>huge space taken up in the right-turn lane to stop trucks from jackknifing if they want to U-turn
>90degree angle for the turn-in road
WHAT THE FUCK

>taking roads that have stop lights
backroads in the midwest are #1

isn't that kind of layout called indian smth ?

Yeah. Where are the exits? Is this some kind of deathrace thunderdome scenario? Race until you die?

It is illegal to run out of fuel on the Autobahn user.

>wondering why Murrikans waste money on half a dozen bridges half a mile long each when a single bridge suffices

Unions.

See, the Mafia controls the unions, and the unions pay money to the Mafia. The more work for the union members means more union dues paid, which means more money for the Mafia. So, they go around to the architect's house and inform him they know where his children to go school, and he puts in some more bridges.

>Be european
>Confused at all the roads
>Where are the roundabouts?
>Bugger americans

>
It's a Michigan Left because it's primarily used by Michigan to improve intersections. My home state of New Jersey is notorious for jug handles. It keeps all the off-ramps and traffic to the right by nature.

thats why there are signs that say dont drive next to trucks. give it a few years, roundabouts are the tits...in the US. yuropoors cant into traffic design forshit.

OH SHIT nigga this one time my car was already at empty and i had over 50 km to go.

Is this true? like, this is so unnecesairly complicated

does it? it looks like it actually tries to solve a problem instead of being a blind cargo cult

Includes campground for hobos.

Forgot pic lel, still super simple. Only problems are that GPS has trouble keeping up and retards cause accidents because they can't read the 3 signs that all say "NO LEFT TURNS"

Thereby disproving the domino theory in SE Asia.

Who the fuck designs that crap? Is it too damn hard to just fucking include left turns in your lights sequence?

Again, mafia/union bullshit. More tarmac means more union dues.

1. Decreases time waiting at intersection since you don't need to wait for a green turn signal
2. Left lane allows for high-speed traffic
3. Decreases congestion & accident rate
4. Thru traffic flows better and doesn't get held up.
Use your primate brain for a moment and realize why Europe, England included, has absolutely no competence when it comes to traffic design and city planning.

pls

>traffic

The problem is our traffic circles are retarded so you don't always yield to those inside the circle

Some of them you yield to people entering for half the circle

I drive through new jersey regularly and these retarded half circles are fucked

roadways are truly the defining wonder of the modern/information age

aside from the internet

bitch you know goddamn well that traffic constantly backs up on e-295 northbound right there.
Fuck jacksonville.

If you want to turn around on a turbine you're SOL and it's a lot more expensive to build but other than that I see your point.

>no competence when it comes to traffic design and city planning.

I feel compelled to point out that our cities literally predate jesus. London was founded by the fucking Romans, and they had to conquer other cities.
York has traffic bottlenecks where the roads pass under the city walls.
The further north you go, the worse the 'planning', because the Luftwaffe didn't level cities they couldn't reach.
Then someone went around after the war and built New Towns, which have roundabouts FUCKING EVERYWHERE, and streets designed so that every house has parking for a car, but it's all carefully tucked away out of sight of the house. And your house is carefully tucked away out of sight of where the postcode stops.
London turned into a vast traffic jam, so they built the M25 as a gigantic roundabout. It was so prone to traffic flow issues from sheer amount of traffic that they've been widening it ever since. They never stop; by the time they get to the river, they have to pack up, cross the river, and start afresh on another lane.

Some cities predate the invention of accurate maps. Some country roads are dead straight for miles, even bisecting old barns in some places because the Romans had no imagination, then you're suddenly thrown into lethal wiggly bits with no visibility because someone tore the Roman road up to make a village, or to get their farm back.

So, no. There was no competence in planning. There was, in most cases, no planning whatsoever, no regulation, no restriction other than what your neighbours could throw at you.

One hour from my house. It's shit if you're trying to merge onto the interstate or off because there isn't enough room to speed up to the speed limit and there isn't enough runway (shared by people merging and leaving) for both.

but the implication of was that Europe STILL isn't competent in road construction. This is not the case, and it is unfair to hold roads designed literal millenia ago to modern standards. They are still used out of necessity, not because there's a complete lack of competence among European road planning and construction.

I think it's also worth noting the that Eisenhower Interstate Highway system is the largest public works project ever created in human history. It almost defeats the point to compare something so monumental to such a piecemeal system. You wouldn't say that Britain has shit walls just because it doesn't have the Great Wall of China in it, or that the US has shit churches just because St. Peter's is in the Vatican, would you?

As a Nicaraguan American, I have no clue why people are afraid of then. Sure the first time it's a wtf but after that you immediately master it. i don't know why people stop completely though.

China actually built a larger highway system tyvm

I'm an American, and drove through that when I lived in the UK for a couple years.

It's not hars, but I constantly saw old ladies in Citroen C4s and north african van drivers fail to go through that. Despite the fact that there are signs posted showing how to use it.

Beautiful

Clearly you're not from New England.

*is building

Also, while it is commendable, China only recently surpassed the US in interstate/expressway miles, and by most reports the roads last between 3 and 5 years before crumbling.

Something needs to benefit the public to be a public works program, not simply use them to pay for shit they never get to use because it falls apart too quickly.

Let me get this straight. It's supposed to let you cut across instead of going all the way around?

the red one goes in the opposite lane in your drawing

youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M