Why is there never any actual good advice on here for generating income and every thread is about some miserable poor...

Why is there never any actual good advice on here for generating income and every thread is about some miserable poor loser who can't get laid asking how to make money?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Snap-Nintendo-64-Game-N64-/291867728187?hash=item43f4ac193b:g:K5gAAOSwFV9Xxi52)
ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Snap-Nintendo-64-Game-N64-/291867728187?hash=item43f4ac193b:g:K5gAAOSwFV9Xxi52
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004W491/ref=olp_f_primeEligible?ie=UTF8&f_freeShipping=true&f_primeEligible=true&qid=1474826316&sr=8-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

someone that doesn't know how to do something isn't actually a good judge of advice on how to do that thing.

>Why is there never any actual good advice on here for generating income
There's good advice here, but usually you need money to make more money.
Nowadays very few people can be successful without coming from a supporting family or without good financial background.

>and every thread is about some miserable poor loser who can't get laid asking how to make money?
Because "“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.” ― Oscar Wilde

Once upon a time when Veeky Forums was conjured up as a place for crypto discussions to go and stop bugging other boards, there were all sorts of professionals, entrepreneurs, and interesting people who came to Veeky Forums. It wasn't great, but it was better than it was now.

Most of those people left as the tide of shitposting, "how do I turn $10 into a million", and crypto-shilling became unbearable.

I was here the day moot pushed this board out of his smelly man-womb. It was 75% crypto threads even then.

you want actual advice?

get a job
save up
start investing when you have like 100k saved up

there's your real advice

kek
most americans don't have $1k in savings, you think average people ever get up to $100k?

ridiculous.

'a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer'

Chinese proverb.

The same 80% of clueless faggots ask the same questions and make the same excuses, then go back to jerking off, shitposting, etc

They don't want answers, they want to be spoonfed a million dollar idea and walked through it, for free, or to confirm their hopelessness.

20% are asking for advice on how to improve what they've already figured out, or some other insights or approaches.

'success leaves clues' - Jim Rohn

There are pieces of the puzzle everywhere, but most aren't really looking, they're looming for scams or some magical way to get free money.

Yes, but the 25% was better quality than it is now. Not that such a statement is particularly indicative of anything though.

Why would ANYONE successful come anywhere near here?

Really think about that. This entire website is just degenerate, ignorant people that don't work at all, let alone hard, read books, think they know everything, most having mental issues. NOBODY successful would ever come to this place. This entire website is for idiots and is the ANTITHESIS of success.

to be a big fish in a small pond.

irl nobody cares about your financial exploits, and you can't tell people anyways unless you want people constantly begging, scamming or robbing you.

here you can show off to young poor people without much risk. If that happens to be your thing. And really what's the point of getting rich if not to impress people and maybe help someone here or there?

well said

kneepads = best advice for generating unlimited wealth

Couldn't have said it better.
Honestly though, I try to help too. Kind of a pain, because even the people here who claim to want help think they know better already.
Which is understandable anyway, considering.

Grant cardone visits this board?

Why bother when you have to compete with anonymous NEETS who all claim to make 300k per year and fuck supermodels?

THIS.
I was poor, so I sometimes think 'what if I just had a few insights, if somebody just shared a few things that could change the course of my life'

I do drop knowledge, but found it is just frustrating.

It's just endless 'I don't know anything about that, I can't do that, you don't my story man, you don't know my issues, but how? yeah, but why do that, ok, and then what do I do next? etc'

Ask better questions, and you get better answers.

Some people just want somebody to listen to their excuses and agree 'yeah, man it's fucked, it's the system, man, people don't share secrets, etc'

Bullshit.

There are millionaires and billionaires giving away billions, to charities, to individuals, giving scholarships, funding, mentorship.

There's hardly a successful person interviewed that didn't share knowledge. Many of them can't shut up about it.

Everybody has fucking issues, barriers, setbacks, you can't control what happens in life, only your reaction to it.
Most don't know what they want, they don't define it. The rest won't take action.

I tried once, real hard, all day, trying to get a NEET from $0 to $1k a month. He didn't want to be rich, he wanted to eat and not get evicted.
So I literally walked him through how to get there in like a month or two, and eat tonight.

I don't know WTF I was thinking. Maybe I thought if he could achieve that, I would have a system for training a clueless protégé with issues.

He wouldn't even take the first easy step, but had days to shitpost and seek sympathy, while he made endless excuses and eliminated every single avenue I suggested.

In the end, I told him to copy and paste his sob story to gofundme or fundanything.com. He wouldn't.

I then offered to hire him, and pay him now, a wage advance, out of rage, and he wouldn't even take the offer. I abandoned that thread.

It confirmed what I had read - it's easier to get someone from $1k a month to $10k, than it is to get someone from $0 to $1k.

Why should I give advice to someone who sounds like a moody teenager?

and what exactly would the incentive be...

oh, none. nobody here is successful. successful people stay around other successful people. People like you, who don't understand basic things like this, are the reason why they don't come here.

Lol, nobody is coming to impress anyone on Veeky Forums. You must be like 18 years old if you think people actually do this who are legitimately successful and aren't lying.

>what exactly would the incentive be
You could ask the same of the people who come here to help.
If you're right, what exactly is their incentive?
They're poor and want to help other poor people, but they're pretending to be rich, even though no one will ever know who they are?

>You could ask the same of the people who come here to help.
but nobody successful comes here to help. literally nobody. the ONLY person in the entire history is the fucking law guy. that's IT.

>literally nobody
Alrighty then.

They do, but as has been said, a lot less often now, for reasons explained.

Where's that Chinese guy?
And iHaz?
Lambo Guy?

Do you understand how many people come here vs. iHaz, and the fucking bitcoin lambo guy?

and who the fuck is Chinese guy?

literally, they should just put a sticky with iHaz's posts because he's really the only real successful person that has, more than likely, ever posted here.

Learn an actual skill. For example, salesforce.com has free training. Get good with it by practicing in a free development instance. There's a Neverending need for salesforce developers and consultants

Salesforce ? Ok idk what it is but I'll look it up. So if I learn it and be good at it, will I be hired ? I'm moving to Canada soon with finance and accounts background after applying to hundreds of jobs online in insurance underwriting I'm confused and frustrated. I've though about software dev but i have no IT skills, can ppl pls advise

>People like you, who don't understand basic things like this, are the reason why they don't come here.

the irony being that I am probably the most successful lurker on your board most days.

I'm a millionaire, a retired business owner. Some days I'll tell you I'm an environmental contractor for mining, some days I'm a janitorial contractor. Both are true.

most days I don't talk about me, I just talk about business. Because while you can pretend to be rich you can't fake experience.

>why is this board shit?

People ask dumb questions, and people post dumb answers.

I don't take part in cryptoshit threads, but at least they seem to be having a good discussion with each other. The rest of this board is meme idiots shilling shitty company shares.

This, so much. Most people here have no concept of reality. One guy literally told me 'but that's not a good investment, it'll take years to double my money!'

Just an example, but they have a lot of free online training which is nice. If you don't have IT skills, get them. codeacademy, w3schools
More free online training.

People with businesses dony have the freetime to play

>no one here is successful
>you're not successful, I don't believe you
>post proof
>that's not proof
>that's not proof either, you shopped it
>what a loser, you have money and come here
>I win

why indeed

Sup?

So what exactly is your advice on the $1k->$10k front?

>riding some tripfag's dick

Howdy iHaz.

why dont you write a book or something.

w8, does that mean those autobiographies aren't bullshit?

Can you at least tell me whether getting from poor to comfortable is a meme or not?

Hey wanna be my sugar daddy??? :3

I'm really cute!

I have a basic job. Swing shift, $24/hr, benefits, etc. Here is what I do when I work nights. I make about $40k a year on the side, after taxes.

Go on eBay, find Chinese sellers. Find a chinese seller selling low priced shit that can be resold for a profit on Amazon through FBA (Prime) - Make a large order from the Chinese seller, ask the seller to give you a discount or you will buy from someone else. Offer to pay off of eBay to save money. If the payment is over $320. Ask the seller to keep the items individually packaged which most sellers do anyways. Get the items, label each item using either a laser printer or buy something like a Brother QL-570, send the items in to Amazon. Wait for the items to sell, get your payout, repeat.

Once you find a Chinese Seller that isn't a piece of shit, you can save a good bit of money by organizing your Amazon shipments and getting the seller to send your shipment to an Amazon FC on your behalf.

This won't make you rich, but it will create a small income.

Now go on eBay, look for auction-only listings for items you want to buy. Try to find items with a good rank on Amazon (for a good turn over) but a good ratio of sold/not sold on eBay, something around 50%. eBay has shit traffic and people hate bidding. eBay pushes sellers to do auctions. Lazy sellers love auctions because they don't have to research prices, so its easy to list like 500 things a day and just wait for it to sell. With Buy it Nows (BINs), it takes more effort.

You can look for shit this way and flip it. There is a lot more to it, but chances are you wont do any of this shit anyways.

Shit like Pokemon Snap (N64) is not a super in demand game or anything but people still buy it. On eBay, you can scoop one up for about $10.00 (ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Snap-Nintendo-64-Game-N64-/291867728187?hash=item43f4ac193b:g:K5gAAOSwFV9Xxi52)

but on Amazon, an FBA seller can sell 10-20 of these things per week if he is the lowest seller.

All FBA sellers sell within Free / Prime, which is what Prime buyers search for. So on Amazon FBA, this game is selling for $24.40 (currently) ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Snap-Nintendo-64-Game-N64-/291867728187?hash=item43f4ac193b:g:K5gAAOSwFV9Xxi52

Of course, there are FBA fees. You can use an online calculator to determine your fee's.

There are other things to put shit in your favor. You can buy from sellers that are local to you. Great if you live in the suburbs or something, shitty if you live in bumsfuck Iowa. You can find a seller on eBay selling a ton of shit (auctions, BIN's, doesnt matter) and say "Hey, would you sell me all of this shit for $x?" (I do about 60% of the price not including shipping) and if the total price is still over $300 or $400, they usually accept it. They accept it because eBay is stale as fuck when it comes to selling things online. Most will just be happy as fuck that they don't have to ship this shit out themselves. Go and pick your new inventory up.

Next you can contact pawn shops and other small businesses that sell on eBay. You can either find them through google or call pawnshops and ask what their eBay username is. Put about 40 things (that you can actually resell on Amazon), and click "Request Total from Seller" - a lot of pawnshops do shit like charge $7.00 for a game to be shipped, so you are asking them to basically combine shipping costs for you. With this, you can get shit for cheaper. Get your package, label it, send it to Amazon.

I fucked up my last post by including another URL to the item on eBay, I meant to post a URL of the item on Amazon with Free Shipping.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004W491/ref=olp_f_primeEligible?ie=UTF8&f_freeShipping=true&f_primeEligible=true&qid=1474826316&sr=8-1

Nice advice, but it only applies to Americans and this is an international website.

>this is an international website
No. Not its not.

fresse du fickfotze, ich mach dich meier

Its a doggy dog world out there man, for every one guy who kills something to eat, theres another guy who cant just eat what he killed.

Get a 50s mindset. Work fuck and work more. Stop spending on shit and be a man. Responsibilities are the best motivation

what is this "contractor" meme about and how do you make money out of that

cope

$URRE$

Well, are you currently earning $1k per month?
Doing what?
it's gonna be specific to you, because it may be possible to increase or leverage what you are currently doing.
If not, we have to explore other options.

>write a book
Meh. Maybe, I am putting some stuff together, it's a work in progress. Still not sure on the format or approach. Not everybody wants the attention or fame. I made most of my success with only a handful of people knowing who I am, and that's how I like it. There is a trend right now for the 'personal brand' approach, but that's not my style.

There are far more successful people than me with non-bullshit autobiographies on getting rich or going it alone, etc

J Paul Getty, Donald Trump, and Felix Dennis have all written books called 'How To Get Rich/Be Rich' - there are others, too, but that's just a sample. Felix's one is required reading for sure.

Getting, say, an MBA, is too safe, not bold enough for me. Colleges do not do courses called 'wealth creation' or 'empire building'.

>(is) getting from poor to comfortable a meme or not?

Honestly I don't quite understand the question, can you clarify that?
I mean, of course it's possible, and ironically more likely if you can adopt the right mindset and work ethic/attitude.
It's that first few dollars you make on your own, without a typical job or boss, that is the first mindset shift - now it's real.

I have been homeless and poor 3 times.
But I had the wrong approach and didn't do an honest self-assessment.

- 'comfort is the enemy of success' - honestly, some people are too cozy, they are not uncomfortable enough.

Poor > comfortable is not hard if you adopt the right mindset, and are uncomfortable with poverty.
$0 is still better than -$1k+ (in debt)

But $1k > $10k is only easier if you are uncomfortable with the $1k.
I hope that makes sense.
Where are you at now?
Where do you want to be?

(not everybody wants to be rich)

so when you pay an employee say, $10 per hour to do a job, right? You're going to wind up paying another $25 an hour on top of that for his workman's comp, taxes, insurance, whatever, right? So to pay this poor asshole $10 actually costs you $35.

but it gets worse. Said asshole resents how little you pay him so he works at 1/4 speed. He literally works at 1/4 the speed he could. So now you've multiplied your costs by four. So it actually costs you $140 to get one hour of work done.

Of course you can't have all of a critical job being done by one employee, what if he gets sick or goes on vacation? or gets fired or quits? Suddenly you need two worthless bastards to do you job even though one can handle it, and you're effectively paying $280 for every hour of work done.

you're paying $280 to get an hour of work done.
I step in and offer to do the same job for $125 per hour. I guarantee the work will get done, I guarantee it will keep getting done if someone gets sick or goes on vacation or gets fired or quits.

I work four times faster than your lazy ass employees, and I don't require an expensive manager to watch over me. I make millions, you save millions, we both profit. Only people that get hurt are the lazy ass employees whose jobs I take. I could hire them, but I don't need lazy people on my crew.