ITT: Cars you'll never get to drive

ITT: Cars you'll never get to drive

Any.

Well if you got out of the basement it would be a hell of a lot easier

Any car that includes being newer than 20 years old and having more than 150 hp

I wanna reenact this scene once in my life

disgusting piece of shit

the interior is of such low quality, the metal chassis can be seen in the gaps of the plastic decorations. it's prone to constant breakdown because of the shitty suspension it has, the gas mileage is bad and most of them come with velour seats and I hate velours.

my parent had 3 of these so far, theres still one of these shits (even a GTI) in our garage, rusting away.

I hate these gay cars, the owners suck and are idiots that think that they know better than everybody else, when everybody else is just enjoying the road without having to carry a fuckton of tools with them all the time because of potential breakdowns.

whats that

a canyonero?

>it's prone to constant breakdown because of the shitty suspension it has

Confirmed for never having actually owned a hydropneumatic Citroen. If the system is looked after they're fine, if you don't service them properly then of course they can be unreliable just like anything else but they aren't a guaranteed fault waiting to happen. Then again what do I know, my hydropneumatic Citroen is fucked in just about every way possible.

> the gas mileage is bad
Buy a diesel one and run it on vegetable oil then. Besides, they were a high-ish end car when they were new and those people care less about fuel efficiency.

>rwd
>hatch
>Volvo
The potential is there but North America will never know the 300 series

Oh shit, my DD senpai

Have you ever needed to replace a vent on one of these things? It's hell. Time consuming, dirty and cancer inducing because of LHM everywhere.
But what do I know? You're right, I personally never owned one. But I drove several BX, an XM, which was really neat desu (but it broke down, the suspension (strut? Don't know the terms in english yet) sprung through the bonnet and killed it and a Xantia.

But I don't like them.
If you live in france it may be possible to have fun with them, but everywhere else you get retarded looks and you have to worry about not breaking it, otherwise you lose time by fixing yourself or lose a shitton of money because of expensive repair shops.

I missed a )

I'm petty when it comes to that.

> sprung through the bonnet

That's a common problem with the Xantia but I wasn't aware that it was an issue on BX's and XM's. I think it's a rust issue or some bracket or something gets weak over time and breaks suddenly. From what I know the only way to tell how close the part is to failing is the disassemble the top end of the suspension.

Yeah, that thing is called camber plates (? domlager in german), it got fixed as the issue was seen before, but the fix was bad, so it just destroyed itself. The resulting damages were so severe (other parts got damaged too, I forgot what exactly it was, it's been a while already, maybe even a decade already), so the whole car had to get scrapped. there was other stuff needing fixing too, so that failure was the point of no return.

I hate citroen.
Sure, it's fun that their logo looks like the >> on the left side of Veeky Forums, but it's not worth the hassle.

Here's a pic related to OP. I'd like to drive one, but I guess I never will, so it fits ITT.

what a cool car!

I've been thinking a lot to get a Xantia as a next car, and this is the first time I've heard of this problem, is it a hard fix once you take off the suspension?

>tfw too tall to fit in GT40

Why will you never be able to drive one? They are fairly common and not expensive

Never say never, user! Anything can happen.

I don't say I'm not being able to drive one, I just do not see me buying one and driving it.

I just recently saw one in my street, maybe I can ask the owner to have a quick ride with it for maybe 50 bucks or something, then I could say I've driven one.

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. I think they are some of the best looking cars of the 90s but they aren't anything special to drive

didn't read

Fug I was going to buy a BX GTi, but it was in a petty bad condition. I wish I just had a citroen.

Only one not in the picture is Zimmer

never is a negative word

i don't use those kinds of words irl

I never care for such bullshit

Didn't it bankrupt them?

Renault why

I really like the look of the new one

yeah,

not reliable (70's), like mazda rx-7, rx-8...

I don't really understand why small single rotor economy cars aren't being made, that would all right with fuel economy right?

I like the interior a lot of it as well.

Looks like a knock-off Cayenne
It's RWD, right?

Better come out with a manual and a V6 option
no shit

It's an alpine
Would be nice, but I don't think its going to happen.

At least a V6 though ;_:

No shit it's an Alpine, it looks like Renault is doing what it can to rip off the Cayman without getting to close to the actual design, fucking Ghosn's a thief

If you know its an Alpine, then why the fuck would you ask if its RWD?

Because Ghosn's fuckery knows no bounds, next thing you know the next Twingo will be FWD

I've always wanted one of these jags

what kind of engine do you suppose it had?

Dual 4BBL 8.0 OHV V8 SC

Those things go for like two grand where I live. Probably because they never stop exploding. If you can get one thats not going nuclear they seem like a pretty decent car though.

just drop an aj6 and call it a day

What did you say about my interior? I beg to differ m8

:)

volkswagen beetle

Sigh, I forgot attaching the image in the first run (fun fact: the BX image sucks, too).
So here we go again:

have fun finding your horn in a situation where it actually matters. it's the thing disgusting me the most.

have fun sliding down the windows when sitting in the backseats.

have sweating your ass off in summer.

have fun looking at the chassis from the inside (I define it as NOPE).

You can stop defending it. It's french bullshit.

And now I noticed I missed the fun. What a surprise, somebody stole my scooter once.

Call me bitter, but I'm bitter for a lot of reasons.

>Not having friends so you don't have to roll down your rear windows
>ugh I dont like velour isn't a real inconvenient since its based on personal opinion
>I've never hesitated on where the horn is and I've alnever had any trouble using it

Any real criticism this time? I'll actually point out things that are wrong in this car
>analog clock on base non GTI models
>choke valve knob spins son the icon is never straight after you use it

A Monteverdi Safari which is basically a coachbuilt International Scout towing a Monteverdi Berlinetta with a 7.0 Hemi

Looks like car I never want to drive

From that angle it kind of resembles a Sierra

Any pre-war luxurious car

Killed more Nazis than the French.

An American tradition,
>8.2 m.p.g

and Czechs combined, kek

What is this? I swore my family friend hado one in his garage when I visited this weekend

thanks USSR

in the east outnumbered 4 to 1 they killed 2 for every 1 in the west with 1.5 to 1 they killed about 1 to 1 weird

>not expensive
define inexpensive
i' just looked on ebay and they range from £8k upwards to 16-18k
you could build replicas?
not a range rover with greebling tat then?

please share mate

I would if I knew where to upload a 3+gb rar file for free without an account

Even driving the non race spec car would be great.

torrent

Anything in this pic

i am now sad

The car no one wants to post

>you will never ever get to experience a supercar that's powered by a mid-mounted 426 Hemi

kill me

Never ever.

I literally had to laugh at these hideous forms

my grandpa has his 340 for over 27 years now.
still almost brand new mint condition

At work a friend offered me a 205 GTI because the rear axle was busted and rotted because sat in grass for some years.

should i Veeky Forums?

>it sat in the grass

Literally why do people do this? Anyway if't just the rear axle then it's easy to fix. If it has corrosion in the entire frame, then don't bother.

I'd also like to know

kek @ filename

Trust me you don't want to drive one of those, they have really shitty engines.

A Miata

Because I refuse to drive a slow piece of shit like that.

Test drove one at a dealer. Told the sales guy it was too noisy and low for my grandma so i bought a used Micra instead.

Don't think I'll ever be able to get my hands on this car, even if I had the money.

This is an exclusive car, right?

>Cars you'll never get to drive
A ford mustang because I wouldn't be caught dead driving such shitty vehicles.