What is your long-term (say, 10-20 years from now) financial goal?

What is your long-term (say, 10-20 years from now) financial goal?

Personally, I would like to be wealthy enough to make meaningful (i.e. $100m+ annually) investments in life extension and regenerative medicine research, as well as indulging my passion for yachting.

>passion for yachting
>posts a 50m+ motor propulsion yacht
so much about your passion kiddo

Motor yachts are still yachts desu senpai

you know what they say, if it floats its a boat

its good to have dreams user

Lol, holy fuck thats a big boat.

Have mediocre income house and nice yard for wife.

Have hedge row.

Have scrap yard and thousands of crown vics.

Profit?

A goal without a plan is a hope, this won't materialize out of nowhere

In 15 years, I'd like to have enough saved where I can start my own business and not be worried about going broke. Appx 2 mil in savings, house fully paid off

Buy a house and have it paid off, and a porsche

Make at least 60k euros a year, own a nice house and have at least 100k in savings (in form of gold or real estate).
With this I'd be happy and fulfilled I guess but of course I aim for more.

>work until able to retire early with 15k monthly til death

thats it really

save 1.2 million USD and go live in eastern european / asian country with no tax on capital gain and low cost of life

15 years from now on:
Payed off 150k-200k House sitting on 1-2 acres in a rural/semi-rural area.
and paying off a quadplex for renting out.
250k invested with vanguard.
But first me and the girlfriend have to get out of europe.

procrastination.
also you've got it backwards.
you don't save $2 mil to start a business, you start a business to save $2 mil.

my lifetime goal is to have enough wealth to become a gentleman scientist.

I have ~200k dollars now at 24 so my financial goal is 500k net worth by 30 since i will get my masters in 1.5 years and after that 1M dollars at 40.

>~200k dollars
Just trough saving your income? If yes, how much do you save?

Saved up for a couple of years before i went to uni and invested the money. I dont save more than ~300-400 dollars a month now since im a poor uni student but I still earn money from investments like an apartment i rent out.

When im done with my masters i'll save around 2000 euros a month. Its gonna be a stretch to get 500k by 30 but i will be able to increase my savings later and it will all be invested so lets see

He inherited.

Little baby got it handed to him.

Say he worked for 8 years 16-24 and saved 25% of his total income of let's say... $50,000 (unrealistic)

$12,500 X 8 = $100K

He didn't get 100% return rates on those ridiculous numbers.

Fuck I hate trust fund babies

The apartment he mentioned is probably inherited then too.

Savin 2000 a month? That's a lot. What income do you actually expect? Or will you live at home?
Btw what is your current job you save 400 from? I'm a student too and was thinking about getting a job lately.

>only saving 25% of your income
Kys famelam when i lived at home i saved up +90% of my wage (where i earned ~1900-2100 a month after taxes).. After saying up some money i invested some and with the rest i bought an apartment with 20% down and made over 200% ROI on that investment over a period of 2.5 years

Risk management in a bank. I basicly just write down what some retard did and how to avoid it in the future its pretty chill 20 euros an hour

60k euros a year starting when im done with my education

>I would like to be wealthy enough to make meaningful (i.e. $100m+ annually) investments in life extension
Me too, but I think it can be done for alot cheaper if you fund labs in poorer countries.

what are you studying?
im a 27yo NEET
help

damn, jealousy is strong with this one.

Nah, man. I'm not starting my business until I have at least 5 years experience in my profession. I've got a lot to learn.

you learn by doing retard. show some initiative

urre????

Economics (on my master) but I dont live in the US

You don't sound serious at all.

Livin off my investments and running my own charity. $$$ baby

what can i do

20 year goal is to retire by 50.

While earlier would be better, baring some kind of fortuitous event I'm not going to get much earlier that 50. I'm on track, for now to have a 401k balance of 4 plus million by 59.5, plus non tax qual investments that could be worth several million by the time I am 50. Plus, although I'm not counting on this one, a pension that would smooth things over as well so long as a I stick with my employer for 20 years. Which I would like to do. My pension would be worth like 4k a month if u worked till 65, but if u bailed at 50 it's just a fraction of that. Maybe 800 bucks. Which will be the current equivalent of 400 bucks a month. Still though. That pension would cover some base living expenses and leave the millions for life and travel.

Kneepads

whatever it takes in investments to be able to wake up and do what I want with my day(s).

Also complete my current goal of visiting at least once every country on Earth
Get my flying licence and buy a nice cottage and a seaplane, then spend my days hiking, biking, hunting, fishing and enjoying nature away from any financial problems and everything that goes along with it

Due to the economic crisis, banks own many buildings from constructors that defaulted. Some can be found for around €3M-4M.

I'm planning to get a 150K-200K job in Luxembourg and get a bank loan to buy one building and rent all its apartments. That would give me tens of thousands of € per month for the rest of my life.

>150K-200K job in Luxembourg
how

Yeah i didn't know luxembourg had jobs

With some years working in the banking sector, you can get jobs there starting at 100k.

Deep.

Thats why i actively study personal finance, asset protection, buying a rental house, once i can replace my income i'll aggressively invest in oil leases with a friend whoes been running his own company and takes in money partners all the time. I want nothing to do with working on the leases. He seems to be doing pretty rough but oil been suffering.

Once i can keep that steady even at lower end oil prices.

After that ill probably safely be able to quit my job and slowly accquire random other assets while trying to not piss it all away and live conmfortable withing my means. Slowly expand my income as a hobby so i can expand my means.

I just want enough money that I can buy time, in the form of 3-4 day work weeks, whilst still being able to afford looking after a family, holiday regularly and regularly upgrade my PC with the latest hardware.

Already at the 4 day stage with enough money to holiday and buy toys, but I don't have a family.

Getting to 3 days whilst adding dependants is going to be an interesting challenge.

I am not terribly worried about my capacity to achieve that, just yet, at least.

Something like 50+% of new businesses fail.

You're making the right moves, by accepting you have a lot to learn. At least in my opinion.

The detractors are likely the typical NEET plebeians who make up the majority of this board.

Finish education studying Programming.
60k/year job.
Buy land & build cabin - 150k.
New job at approx. 100k due to having a few years experience.
80% + into saving for entrepreneurial goal of doing a start-up (undecided - need more Programming knowledge to know what opportunities to pursue), long term savings account, Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies, gold, oil, safe stocks - diversify safely, basically.
Work on start-up.
If successful at that, then fund tech, medical, engineering projects & research, especially in underfunded regions, like Eastern Europe, for example.

Basically, the next 5 years are for skilling up in Programming and business, and saving my income to do a start-up.

travelfag here. dreaming of having the possibility of deciding to fly anywhere, anytime, and do anything, without constraints, without compromises.

Financially stable. Buy my kids anything, send them to school. Smoke weed whenever, live 35 min out of denver, snowboard every weekend, be a good for nothing rich housewife during the week haha

doubt it. I'll have around 200k saved up by the time I'm 24. Mind you, I'm staying at my parents, so I don't have any extra costs, apart from tuition.

sorry but your scenario is horrid. not realistic in the slightest

>bought an apartment
>over 200% ROI
>period of 2.5 years

hah ok user, call me when you wake up from that nice dream!

>live 35 min out of denver
what's that, Lakewood?

I'd take you on but I've already got a good for nothing rich housewife. She mostly skis though.

People just want believe you. If you can save up almost all your income 100k is very easy to obtain. (unless you work min wage).

20% down 80% loan. Loan was 1.5% interest rate. ~22k euros down payment made 46k in profits. You can do the math yourself famelam. Real estate in Copenhagen is insane

not 10-20 years from now, more like right now to about few days gonna become one of those RKOI type of spoiled twats, thats my goal thats gonna happen tomorrow or in about few days aka really fucking soon.