Why arent you driving a diesel?

youtube.com/watch?v=3tKJ6oZOkNo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DC4ZdPVp1g
youtube.com/watch?v=W3YwH8t00no
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would if there were any good cheap ones (there isn't)

I would be if my options weren't shotbox Peugeots, Resultants or overpriced shitbox BMWs and VWs

There's a kind of a boomer tax on diesels where I am that completely negates any fuel savings you gain by going diesel.

Because everyone lies about diesel mpgs and it cost almost the same as gas. I'll probably end up buying a diesel daily though

When you say "Diesel" so an average person they'll think of any of the following:

Slow commercial trucks
Smoking, slow, loud commercial trucks
The VW emissions issue
The one time 20 years ago their friend had a diesel car and how horrible slow it was
How the fuel wasn't sold everywhere
Coal rolling white trash
Oilfield workers (see above)
The smell of fuel oil never going away once it's on something

None of these are desirable to most people.

youtube.com/watch?v=7DC4ZdPVp1g

diesel are good too cruise fast for cheap

>NiMH battery only 1.3%

That's some grade A crap battery
Besides, everyone is using Lithium batteries now, much, much higher energy density

i will say that my old '03 Jetta TDI easily got like 50 mpg sometimes. this board doesn't really care about fuel economy though, despite being mostly poverty-level

Also that one time 25years ago when a relative had a diesel car and you could hear the engine noise from a mile away

But I am.

lithium ion is still half as high as hydrogren

Been thinking about it. Maybe a old Hilux Diesel or a Jeep.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3YwH8t00no

Diesel is taxed in the States as if only heavy trucks use it. Which makes it too expensive to realize any savings in a passenger car.

Wanted a petrol car for dem RPMs and dat lack of soot.

The 'clean diesel' meme is a myth. Diesel soot gets fucking everywhere.

>not liking delicious soot
F A G
A
G

I am.

Will be buying a petrol before the end of summer. Any diesel's tradesman van nailing noise is the anti-cool.

clean diesel is as simple as water injection+lean burn

>40 mpg. No matter if city or highway
>40 mpg. No matter if I beat it or drive like grandma.
>Shitbox actually has torque unlike the gasoline bros rolling backwards when its uphill

Thanks diesel.