/scg/+/edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General

Thread #12: Gamescom planets edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

Gamescom info (I think?):
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
youtube.com/watch?v=UssBtjEQ150

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp

>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try

SC has a gamescom Idris booth setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
Big reveral tomorrow

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Last thread: OK people. Do not get on the hype trains. Keep low expectations to not be dissapointed, as I'm sure SCfags know this well anyway. Also, expect many of the people from many months past to come back and shitpost. Avoid the bait so that we can stay /comfy/ although you guys seem to do a good job at that already. Keep it up bruvs.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/137655209
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Artefact
youtu.be/TAEO5w81rVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for avoid the bait

This is what FIDELITY looks like

Man I can't fucking wait for Levsky.

Someone gift me horizons, I don't want to pay anymore for Elite Dangerous

Please do not disturb established narratives.

gamescon

nth for polyhedra in space

I see!

jump points when

What does it look like?

im sure it'll go on sale soon after gamescom at least that's what im hoping

if that's the cockpit to the left, then the door is on the side?

vimeo.com/137655209 Outside

Pic related inside

It's mostly done, they are introducing it as the first celestial body you can fly right down to.

Yes, that's a ramp on the left side of the ship.

Not spaceplaney enough

And that is why it is great.

literally an ED ship
I like it

Getting real tired of aegis dymanics

seems way too big. looks like it'll have twice the interior space of the next biggest starter.

it's Anvil now

It's Anvil
Probably has a small interior, it's supposed to have a shitload of armor

>Anvil Terrapin in top left

???

There are people for scale in the bottom right of the image. It's not that giant.

I see them. it's like 3.5 auroras of pure hull

Your sense of scale is fucked up then.

It's smaller than the Reliant.

You mean height wise?

So I recently bought elite dangerous and I loved the dog fighting from this one mission i did early on to kill some pirate lord, unfortunately after that the only combat missions I could find were massacre missions that had me fighting in high intensity conflict zones against NPCs who were master or higher.

Any way to be able to just find a system where i can jump in early on and fight some NPC ships?

Or is there a certain equipment level I should have beforehand?

question! why do you combine both sc and ed generals in 1 thread?
Also, when is the next sc sale? I want to buy a qt ship

>autism the post

you're literally retarded, it's freelancer scale you autist

probably because both games have a very similar niche audience and if they weren't combined then we'd have 2 dead threads.

Ease of convenience
Save your money

Try going into 3rd person mode by a ship, they are way bigger than you think. No idea why you are chimping out over this disagreement, is something wrong?

you don't have to accept missions, try flying to nav beacons, or resource excavation sites, or even low intensity conflict zones. target npc's and check to see if they're wanted, then you can kill them and get a digital voucher for their bounty. you can claim them in the contact section in a starport.

a kill warrant scanner will reveal more bounties in other systems, and net you more credits.

in a low conflict zone you can literally just go into the functions tab and select a faction to side with, and shoot npcs all of the day. they give combat bonds, not unlike bounties.

in resource excavation sites you can see pirates making their rounds and attacking miners, they'll even often approach you and scan you to see if your a pinata or not. the highest level excavation zone contains no system authority vessels, hazardous, i think.

> Are conflict zones better money than highres?

Do you think she cucks Chris with his brother?

[Autism poster confirmed]

oh cool so it's literally just find people who are wanted and shoot them down.

Would I be running into harmless / mostly harmless enemies with enough frequency?

fucking lmao

what this guy said you're an idiot, get checked i'm serious

Is Hillary Clinton a liar?

No, if you go into highres you're going to be against dangerous/deadly/elite/master. Not a big deal, though, just follow them around (they won't aggro on you) and wait for the space cops to show up and start the fight for you.
Then you can either help the cops or wait until he's low on hp and finish him.

Nope.

You would think they would do Crusader first since it's literally half of a gas giant with a solid core.

They probably want to get a land based area out first for people to try out.

I'm the chromatic aberration

t. Killary

aren't there lowRES now though?

Take "starter" with a grain of salt. The Reliant filled that slot. The Terrapin probably be priced similarly to the Prospector. Maybe a little less.

I think the idea at first was to make several very different landing zones (ArcCorp, Terra and Nyx), to show off the different sorts of places you'd visit, and then when they hired the germans who came up with the procedural planet stuff, they found themselves able to actually model Delamar in game and have you fly down to the surface, so they accelerated Nyx's development to shove it in early. There is a half finished Terra landing zone somewhere on their databanks too, but it'll be a while before we see it. They are going to go for Hurston and then Microtech next I think to fill out Stanton.

Yeah, but the money isn't as good. Highres really isn't that dangerous unless you get too greedy and start picking fights you can't win.

Is sothis/ceos finally dead?

Getting 0 missions in open and solo

Dunno. They've both been UA bombed on console

>console
hahahaha, I forgot this exists. ED on console. Hilarious

UA bombed. Go to robigo

Ceos is UA bombed, Sothis is still fine, currently in war state and giving wartime illegal transportation missions for 7-9mil for only around 20 cargo at the moment.

If you're worried just do a few trips in a LowRES and you should find yourself comfortable enough to try HighRES pretty quickly. HazRES is rougher since there are no cops to help you out.

Memes aside, it's really not that bad.

So then there really isn't much of a way to go around shooting npc ships as a fresh player until you build a bank and get better equipment?

Galaxy is shared, so it should be the same for everyone.

ideally yeah you'd wait off on doing any kind of dog fighting until you have at least a decently fitted vipermk3 or something then it becomes more feasable but that can be ~20hrs in for a new player just getting used to the game.

Low intensity resource extraction sites are pretty safe, I think you can even get mostly harmless spawns there.

Depends on what you mean by "shooting NPCs". If you want to go around pirating or 1v1ing NPCs, then you're going to need good gear. All you have to do in RES zones is shoot the baddie once every 10 seconds or so and you'll get the bounty regardless of whether you killed him or not. Really easy money.

>UA bombed

Non ED player here, what does that mean?

There are alien objects you can deliver to certain stations. Eventually once enough are delivered they "Interfere" with the station and shut down the electronics so you can't do anything there except land.

There's an item in the game called Unidentified Artifact. Selling these to a space station's black market shuts down basically all of the station's services and ruins fun for pretty much everyone

Bombed by an Unmanned Aerial [Vehicle]

>elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Artefact

i just wanna dog fight a lot, but I guess that's what arena is for, yet i figure arena is a deserted mode.

Unknown Artifacts are an alien cargo thing you can find. If players sell too many at a station the stations systems will start shutting down. Players mostly use it to troll each other.

>Ship looks cool
>It's a mining ship
Fuck

>ship is sometimes converted into use as a mining ship
>it's a mining ship

SPACE
LEGS
?

>ED
>Mining ship
>Convert it to something else

>he thinks we're talking about ED

>He thinks i am talking about it being ED and not pointing out a difference

I use my python for mining, ever since upgrading to a tradeconda/killvette.

Yep, and it's a good miner, and if you want to stop mining, it can do a bunch of other shit good enough as well, you won't be stuck.

>all the new shit for E:D
>still no god damned STORAGE

If you just want to quickly jump in and kill some shit for decent money, RES is better.

However, if you're willing to sit there and refresh the mission board to stack combat missions, you can make a LOT more money with CZs, like 20-25mil/hr easy.

It's also worth noting that the Powerplay rating bonuses provided by Hudson, Lavigny-Duval, and Antal all count towards both bounty vouchers and combat bonds, so look at getting involved with one of those powers if you really want to maximize your combat income.

It will be nice to have a bit more scenery though.

>new shit
>repackaged haul missions
>dinky fighter that will probably be worthless other than for novelty's sake and fuck up your ship's stats once you equip it

The best part of the updates so far have been QoL changes, and you don't need Horizons for those.

I just want muh space waifus

>tfw you hire a full crew of 9 female NPCs

Normally I would expect to see some more content to go along with something like a giant space dock. Unfortunately knowing FDev, it's going to be something along the lines of

>Since we normally have CGs in which you are working to get a capital ship built, we decided to give you guys a representation to better your immersion

youtu.be/TAEO5w81rVE

Thinking about buying this

Don't forget about volcanoes, bro. Some might not even be liquid magma. It might be water, or CO2.

>tfw male NPC's all have 3% increment beneficials hidden within the code for all their stats

What the hell, you could probably build that yourself for 1/3 of the price.

>>dinky fighter that will probably be worthless
Probably, but at least in the video it's little autocannons were fucking up a Cobra's hull.

>Normally I would expect to see some more content to go along with something like a giant space dock.
True, we will never see military missions where you have to attack an under construction capital ship to prevent it's completion.

ED could really use some shit missions where you have to go out and shoot down a bunch of enemy scanners or something and they can go full sentry turret and shoot at you.

Is it really worth the time it would take you to build it?

If you sold it to other forum shitters, sure.

On those massacre missions...do the stack? If you get kill 46 and kill 15 do they need just 46 to finish both?

I ask because 17 draconis is giving out those missions in droves on refresh. I of course ditched my weapons but they seemed to be paying alot.

I probably sounded like a prick. I'm sorry. There's barely any way for me to be optimistic about Elite anymore. I hope the fighter turns out to be good, maybe it'll give me reason to get Horizons during the winter sale.

Why is unlocking Palin so god damned obnoxious? Get Elvira to rank 3, then get Sirius to allied, then get Sirius permit, then get Qwent unlock permit mission, then get 25 modular terminals for qwent, then get rank 3 with qwent, then travel 5000 light years away from the bubble to meet palin, then gather 25 unknown fragments to unlock palin. What the SHIT, man.

Yeah, they stack. You can make butt loads of money that way.

Yes, they stack. So if you somehow get 20 kill 108 missions for 10mil each, you only have to kill 108 total.

Palin has the best upgrade, rank 5 dirty drives

Nah you are right, it'll probably be shit or at best just a gimmick that's fun for a few minutes.

What do you call it when you know you should hate something, you know that, objectively, it's not good, but you love it anyway, and you can't quite explain why?

Well, friend-o, you call it Elite Dangerous.

ED could use more combat focused missions and more dog fighting in general that everyone can do.

I think the lack of early thrilling fast combat action is what gets a lot of new players to drop the game.

Is there any faster way of grinding unidentified fragments other than finding USSes? All I got left to do is fly the distance and grind the UFs.