/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Pulse Edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk (embed)

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4VA2qpOY3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tfw 100% pick rate

>(Embed)

Dammit, I forgot to remove that from the text file.

Jesus fuck

BAN THAT ASH & FUCK PULSE

caveira is the new pulse for me. Love roaming with her. Pulse is kind of lame, the huehue gets fun gadgets and abilities.

Why do people who play Pulse/Blackbeard legitimately think they're good players?

Which DLC operator should I buy? I have BB. I was gonna buy Frost but people say she's useless.

>Someone saved one
Neat

Valk. The cameras will never be bad.
Capitao is speed 3, good guns, frags, and the crossbow is murder on certain maps

Buck is basically Sledge.
Caveira is a waste unless you can already roam well with Bandit or Jaeger.

Blackbeard needs a buff desu.

was this game even good

My shield is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do.

I just fucking hate this mode. And the defender worms feasting on its corpus. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I've always wanted to lose heartbreakingly. This is the time of vengeance and no hostage is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.

Vehas 2

Multiplayer and Terroist hunt were alright but

>Third person cover in a tactical shooter
>Regenerative health

Also no gear + SMG was the way to win. Also the add your own face via the camera feature was my absolute favorite.

Despite what copper shitters say, she's fairly balanced. Shit in the wrong hands, but in the right hands she can wipe out your entire team. If her shotty gets nerfed and her nitro removed, she could be the poster girl for roamers, both balanced and ridiculously good.

>If her shotty gets nerfed and her nitro removed
she'd be absolute trash lol she's already not very good, her shotgun is getting nerfed soon and she'll see even less play at high rank. she's already not played in ESL, after auto nerf she'll never be played in ESL. take away nitro and she may as well not even exist.

But anons, Blackbean is OP!

youtube.com/watch?v=-4VA2qpOY3I

do we also have webms of pulse players getting btfo?

pulse is truly unbalanced compared to skillbeard

saved

wait what is this? Are they adding claymore mines to the game?

jesus fuck the aspect ratio

He's clearly OP didn't you see how he managed to single-handedly clear that obstacle by proning with rifle shield

>nerf shotguns all around
>Pulse nerfs incoming

There are still team that run Frost for the sake of traps and another roamer on the team as well as Castle because the ratio of shitty defenders to good ones is high. Caveira will definitely see play, her silence and interrogation are insanely good. Just having her on your team forces the other team to stick together as group.

how fuck up were the faces

I promise she won't be played in ESL

No these voice lines are attackers and defenders

so last thread and on the internet I've seen talk of 90 fov not being that great in this game due to it being vertical fov.

So my question is, what is the optimal fov then?

What's wrong with 4:3?

Frost is garbage prove me wrong

everything is squished sideways

I feel like one of those female voices I havent heard before

>Kapkan deploys a claymore
>says its crude

Nigga you have C4 glued on a hook

>claymore mines

Please no. Kapkan is useless enough as it is. Don't give his only job away, too.

Why do people use smokes to walk into a room? Aside from the problems of client-side smokes, they are usually used to block vision from another room or catch anybody walking through it.

PULSE PLAYERS OFFICIALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>mfw playing Jager in Casual
Literally Call of Duty

why didn't he just melee you

where/when does PC ESL matches get posted?

>meleeing the Mountain

>Hypochondriac headgear for doc
>the helmet one for rook
>sledges bane mask
WHAT DO I PICK

prove it

You can't melee Montagne when the shield is deployed.

Nobody playing seriously is going to fall for a frost trap

That wasnt the point of my post. The reason I posted it was because youre literally trying to bait someone into defending her. Just stop.

>Asks to be proven wrong because he might just be an autist that wants stats and facts before a purchase but can only meme
>This is bait

Are you new around here or something? Do you know how bait works?

It happens. The point of Frost traps is, if they are left 100% on their own they aren't effective, but if they are laying around and you are semi distracted, it can fuck you up

If a Frost was never ID'd in the drone phase, this shit can also really fuck your team.

>Are you new around here or something? Do you know how bait works?

Sound like you're the new one, do you know what shitposting looks like? Cause saying "Frost is garbage prove me wrong" is not someone that wants stats and facts before a purchase. It's someone that wants to start a shitstorm. Nice projecting though.

>Ask to be proven wrong
>Retard thinks it's bait and starts whining
>Continues shitposting instead of admitting any wrongness or answering original question

Congratulations, you've memed yourself.

>People responding to the BB shitposter targeting Frost now.

To be fair, you're both shitposting. Shut up.

Prove to me Frost aint garbage then for fuck's sake

>prove to you something that is subjective

WEW LAD

Frost traps are great on top of stairs, if you're focused on aiming down your sight while climbing you could really get caught on them

if you go to the far right or left you can melee through the side walls.

>people are shit talking frost

>Draw one of the female operators in summer dresses
a thing from the last thread, I'll do the others tomorrow

wheres the star of david user?

w-what?

My god, so movement speed for shield users really did drop.

Ash is Jewish.

Not if he's in a corner.

I knew I didn't like her for a reason.

(((Ash)))

>Pulse

FLANK

AND

C C C C

>they can break it themselves
silly game

I learn something new everyday

>Doc's having a seizure

I laughed

thank you

saved

Not anyone who's been in this argument so far, but I really like Frost, especially on house.

>1st floor
>Deployable shields on the doorways
>Traps spread out in the room, 2 being just to the right or left of the entrances
>Roaming close to objective
>Ends up down to a 1v3
>Kill BB by jumping out
>Get back to objective and lie down
>Both remaining enemies decide to come through the two doorways simultaneously
>One hits a trap behind the shield at the same time the other sidestrafes into one of the side traps

I don't know where she sits in a tier list, but when they do hit the traps it sure is satisfying.

>he just turns and immediately wastes that guy trying to flank him
>has to then spend the rest of the round staring a guaranteed loss eye to eye

Must be depressing

Just like all generic gadgets, both attackers and defenders have lines for those items.
>Auto detonate claymores for attackers to use against roamer fucking shits
It's most likely going to be a defender generic gadget though

Thanks neutral nigga

>all these redditards not understanding how to use smoke grenades
It's meant to OBSCURE VISION not to cover your advancement. Just throw it at the enemy shitters

No problem. She works best if you're playing with a team willing to let the timer run down, not if you're playing with people that aren't patient and try to CoD it. I start the round by grabbing armor and trying to take out the drones before placing my mats, then once we get them all/timer runs low on match start I place them not in direct walking paths, but where I expect enemies will end up sidestrafing to dodge bullets and places not in direct LoS of a window. It requires killing any drones that get into the room, but even when they have knowledge of the traps people still fuck up in their panic to get in the room once you've held them off till the timer's almost up.

I definitely wouldn't call her a must pick in any scenario, but she's fun to play, has a good weapon and her traps aren't detected by IQ.

Yeah. I'm expecting it to replace nitro on more than half the operators who currently have it. My guess would be:
>either Smoke or Mute keeps nitro, hopefully Mute
>Bandit should keep nitro
>Kapkan should keep nitro
>maybe Caveira should keep nitro

>hopefully Castle will get nitro added

Are you implying he's not?

Really, I think they should take Valk's Nitro awaya and give it back to Frost... Once the Nitro hit lands

>frosts traps DBNO, and now people are fully acustomed to them
>shotgun is going to be shit again
>All the "booby trap" defenders, like Kapkan, Smoke, and Bandit (electrified shields + barbwire) all get Nitrocells
>Valk's cameras are still amazingly OP on their own and she would still be a crucial pick, even without C4 (which makes her a must pick)

I think it'd put Frost in a good place, as her stupid WW2 meme gun is amazing.

There's a lot of interesting sound lines in the latest .pck. Maybe the unrecognizable female voice is one of the Japanese operators?

>Unrecognizable edgy sounding guy saying 'dart' and 'contact'

>Another unrecognizable voice saying 'need a pick me up'

>Med dart out
>Meds delivered
>Medical dart
>Medical dart loaded
Although I can't tell if that's Capitão's voice and if those are his lines when reviving downed allies. It also sounds like he has lines as if he was a defender with reinforcing walls, etc; although I can't tell for sure if it's Capitão's voice. Caveira sounds like she has voice lines as if she was an attacker with picking up the hostage and setting charges.

What's Ubi's endgame?

No. Frost doesn't need nitro, and the shield works for her by letting her set up a vault trap anywhere.

I agree, I switched to Valk because she's just too useful not to pick. Her shotgun is considerably better than Frosts, among the other reasons to pick her.

I love the Canuck Sten, but I don't understand why she has it. JTF-2 has never used it irl, at least to my knowledge. I mean JTF-2 is one of the most secretive CTUs in the world so not a whole lot is known about them, but I highly doubt they would use that over the plethora of modern SMGs.

I don't know why they have ww2 memeguns anyway. Fucks sake, just give them a Skorpion V3 or something cool already.

>Frost doesn't need the most OP thing in the game, which makes her not worthy of being picked

The current meta is literally just Rook + 4 Nitro users.

The reason we have the current nitro changes going around is exactly because we hit the point where if an operator was bad, they would be good with nitro.
Giving Frost nitro is continuing that trend. In other words, the patch fixes nothing because waifufaggots can't handle their main not being the best.

The JTF2 doesn't even use the Sten, don't know why they had Frost use one.

I get why some people wouldn't like it, but I like the look of them and their use doesn't seem so odd to me with how separated from reality the game already is. If it was a 100% realistic Operator simulator I wouldn't want them at all, but having things like 2 reinforcements stuck in Ash's back pocket and the ADS make it so I don't mind them.

I wish there was a video of just the banter during terrorist hunts

Valkyrie lewds when?