Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Interior Decorating is Hard edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guide-how-to-run-infinity-evolved-with-1-0gb-ram-allocation.149222/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for gottermodderung

2nd for TUUUUUUBES

Has anyone played TAIGA yet?
Where can I find Mythril?

nevermind. found it

what's this tinkers addon thing?

>Minecraft 1.10
>16 new meltable Ores
>actual 27 new Traits with random, funny, positive or negative effects
So it's literally Metallurgy for 1.10, now with even more completely useless ores.

How the fuck do i make casts in Tinkerers Construct?

>dynamism tablets

ree

>make stone part
>melt gold (or aluminium brass)
>pour gold over the part
there you go

Time to fuk up sum animals

Example: Pickaxe Head Cast
Make stone pickaxe head
Put stone pickaxe head on casting table
Open Faucet
2 molten gold ingots will form cast in the shape of pickaxe head
VoilĂ . Pickaxe cast head

Well I decided to add it so I have more stuff to mine while letting my machines work

Melt gold or aluminum brass. Put a stone part in a casting table and pour it.

In 1.8+, you can melt dirt to make a one-time-use cast too.

so do I, dumbfuck. however, there is a distinct mass of non-wall shit in your pic, which is the subject of being questioned, not that you're smart enough to recognise this despite building the shit yourself.

Everyone check out this retard that doesn't know what a wall does.

On the topic of hallways from the previous thread, Some time ago, I tend to prefer 3-high 3-wide passages since symmetry and it's easy to set up ceiling lights from 3 high due to how lighting works.

Nowadays, I've moved on to 4-high. It looks better, but they become annoying for lighting placement.

Does this work /mcg/? I keep telling my friend that it doesnt work but he guarantees that it does.

Aluminium brass?
How the hell do i make that, NEI gives me nothing

3 aluminium:1 copper

>ProjectE changed original EE2 machines to be an even easier way to cheat in items than ever
>it receives a fraction of the bad reputation that the original mod did

Does this say something about players or about the state of Minecraft itself.

That's probably because nobody even tries to consider any kind of balance when Project E is mentioned. If you add it to any pack, you know fully well what you're doing.
>meanwhile, EE3 is still absolute shit
hope those people loved wasting money on patreonbucks

It's because Tekkit is no longer the go-to modpack and the kiddies started getting obsessed with microcrafting.

Maybe both, but EE has been completely useless aside from getting items out of thin air.

EE's concept doesn't know if it wanted to be magic (transmutation) or tech (red matter, dark matter). Unfortunately, if it wanted to be either, Thaumcraft has it beat in both ways.

Is there any way to completely rework EE so that it doesn't become redundant with other mods and still keep it somehow balanced?

Get Thaumic Equivalence, disable certain blocks and customize the shit out of all EMC values.That should get you started maybe

The way you can tell Forge is shit is when you're trying to Google your way around the lack of docs and find LexManos yelling at people for wanting 1.7 rendering features and confusing block models with tile entities until his tantrum is completed by locking the conversation.

EE has never been interesting to me since it clashes with my semi-automatic gameplay style.

>Google a thing
>it's undocumented
>go into the Forge forums and find a thread looking for the same help I'm looking for
>YEP, King Neckbeard is being a jackass in this thread
>"IT'S SUPER SIMPLE, GOD, YOU'RE ALL FUCKING STUPID!" he screams
>they ask him to explain it then
>he just stammers "I-IT'S JUST SIMPLE! GO FUCK YOURSELF!" because he obviously doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about
>mfw

Daily reminder that Forge contributors have to sign a legal document giving ownership of their work to Forge Development LLC, a company owned solely by LexManos, and that there's no legitimate reason why this is necessary other than him putting his name on your work since it's already contributed as LGPL.

I don't even know why he's trying to take credit for everything, a cursory glance at anything social (Forge forums, IRC, Twitter, GitHub) screams "DO NOT HIRE, HE EXISTS SOLELY TO MAKE YOU MISERABLE!"

You'd be surprised at how many people are completely ignorant of what he's really like. Companies hire shit eaters like him every day. Bethesda did it to some kid who took credit for a mod team of a hundred.

It can't be shit if it literally does nothing.

Nobody expected balance with EE2 either but that didn't stop all the butthurt at the time.

You have to go back to EE1 if you want to be more practical, and nobody really complained about it much then.

for me it always depends on the build. I like 3x3 the best and try to use it everywhere for reasons you described but sometimes a 4 high 2 wide works better given the aesthetic.

of course this is assuming I even make hallways.

I know in my dirty workshop build I had 3x1. they weren't halls they were like, access corridors in a planned network of structures.

What are some good materials for a factory?
Something rustic and industrial looking?

>read about Block Properties to change a block's drop thanks to some user in the last thread
>CurseForge page leads me to wiki where everything is explained
>look for examples
>Anyway, let's get to the examples. I will assume you are using the recommended editor. To read and understand these examples better, copy and paste them into the left side of the editor and hit the right arrow to load it into the right side of the page, then mess around with them as you like. It may be beneficial to you to keep your properties files open while testing them, so you can edit the files and use /bpreload from in game to test your changes immediately. Removing properties entirely from "stats" requires restarting your client to take effect, however.
>To be continued...
You FUCKING FUCKC

decided to consolidate my minecraft screenshots to one folder, boy they take me back

and that's how literally all documentation is for minecraft modding.

Every single time someone links me to the tutorials I've already read--which are incomplete or incorrect for their own version--I want to scream.

no one fucking gets it. When you are NEW, there are NO resources to use.

And then you get the 'just look around other mods and vanilla!' line. Yeah that'll help me understand how it works and why it was done that way.

fucked up my name in the thingy. damn lowercase.

we all learn in our own way, it took me an hour to make a pickaxe as i didnt understand aanything back then.
took me along time to figure shit out towards mods. (pic related ) but they were fun as hell.

You're not giving ownership of it, you're giving them a license to use it under the LGPLv2.1. You only give ownership to the Minecraft patches, aka only the part under "patches/", and this is probably for legal reasons more than anything as that's mostly hooks. (Also, even the ownership has a restriction that they may not change the license.)

>You grant Forge a license to use your code contributed to the primary codebase (everything not under patches) in Forge, under the LGPLv2.1 license.
>You assign copyright ownership of your contributions to the patches codebase (everything under patches) to Forge, where it will be licensed under the LGPLv2.1 license.

This is actually one of the most "restrictive-for-owner" CLAs I've seen in a while, most let the owner change the license at will (as long as the license has certain rights included).

good shit user
(pic unrelated from my folder)

What mod is that ? it looks awesome

hey look what I found!

Managed to find out how to do it after looking for examples in FatherToast's thread in the MCF. Dear fuck, I'd never be able to figure that out on my own.
But anyway, thanks user, you saved me a few hours of restarting a map yet again. EF's coarse dirt is finally doing what it was supposed to do.

>remember about Clockwork Phase
>look it up
>see this image
Nice, another mod with terrible unfitting 32x (or maybe even higher) textures. Trash time.

help

that looks horrible

You do know the mod has very decent, ingame documentation right?
Those books you got when you spawned and when you make your smeltery?

I wish they added bigger doors.

you can still make a piston door
requires a lot of space though, and it becomes hard to build when too big

>small house
>claustrophobic
>large house
>feels like an empty warehouse

>floating platform in the sky
>no fucks given about anything
Just embrace the floating cobble turd user

This is why I usually build almost strictly to proportion. No gigantic builds that can't be fully seen at max render distance nor tiny builds with five blocks of floor space.

>medium house
>fill with furniture and things
There, solved both of your problems.

>implying i can achieve that balance

I haven't played minecraft on PC in about 6 years. How is the modding scene? Is there an actual mod support now or do you still have to edit jars and shit? And any suggestions on a really comfy texture pack?

Disregard the first half of that, I suck cocks. Didn't bother checking the OP. Still curious about any texture pack suggestions though.

Unity

Modding has gone full jew, not as bad as bethesda, with paid mods, but they still get money which makes them act like pricks for the most part.
A few exceptions manage to actually act professional.
Also mojang is full retard and makes modding go kill every once in a while with backend stuff.
Like now, we're still on 1.7.10 for the most part.

Modding is easy as fuck, just drag and drop these days.
Use multimc, it'll handle installing forge.

Most people use vanilla because with 100+ mods, getting a texture pack tat covers all of them is hard.
Faithful is just high res vanilla textures and I think it covers a lot of mods.
Pixel perfection is a new one that some people seem to like, it's also 16x, so untextured stuff doesn't feel out of place.
It does change up item names and stuff quite a bit, texturepacks became resourcepacks a while ago, they can change item names, sounds and stuff.

Thanks. I mostly plan to play unmodded for now since I just want to get back into the game with a friend. Do I still need to mod the game to support higher res textures, or will all texture packs work out of the box now?

All resourcepacks work out of the box, but if you want to replace the skybox, you're going to need optifine IIRC

Anyone use Javelins? What's your favorite combo of materials?

no, i don't use TiCon at all on account of not being 12 years old

What's actually wrong with TCon?

RIP MANN CANNON

>253253
what is this called?

>renders every tool/weapon from vanilla and every other mod obsolete unless it's completely broken to start with
>obsoletes enchanting instead of fixing it
and you seriously have to ask what's wrong with it

A repeating sequence? It's not noteworthy in the same way that trips or other consecutive repeating digits are

>makes the vanilla toolsystem obsolete because it's shit and provides a framework for mods to add their own
There isn't a problem with this, it'd be one thing if it was impossible to add modded tools to tcon, bit it's not.
Vanilla toolcrafting is shit. Stop trying to force this meme that it's something worth protecting, making it redundant is the whole point of tcon, replacing a shit framework with another somewhat less shit one.
And I don't know of any way to actually fix enchanting.

two hundred and fifty three thousand, two hundred and fifty three

MAWPC

The way that TiC "Fixes" Enchanting is giving you the option of what you want at the expense of raw materials, instead of enchanting where you use experience to get these boosts, at random. Or you can enchant the books and use an anvil, still only now just costing you books and experience instead of just experience.

The only problem with the vanilla enchanting system is that it's random, while TiC lets you choose what you want. Sure you'll pay out the nose for it (450 Lapis for Fortune/Looting 3, An Emerald and some gold for Silk Touch, Quartz out the ass for sharpness, etc.) but you can customize it how you want. The PROBLEM is that there's not enough to spend it on, so most builds (in 1.7.10) for swords are Moss or Flux and then stacking as much quartz as humanly possible. Tools are just Moss/Flux, a looting modifier (Silk on shovels, fortune and silk picks, silk hammer) and then as much redstone as you can slam on to it.

not him, but why would lex need to own the patches if they're contributed as LGPL in the first place? there's no legal reasoning behind it. lex made it so that he owns the most critical part of forge despite not writing most of it. it's the same as how searge still owns mcp regardless of nearly all of it being community contributed now.

this is a pretty common thing in the open-source world, where one person who does very little for a project still has their name on it, so that they can claim it on a resume as their work. power struggles are also common because the owners either don't fully understand the project or limit what's done with it to retain their control.

those projects usually don't survive because eventually there's a better alternative. firefox and emacs are strong examples.

The patches are not critical at all! Almost all of them are simply "call this function in this Forge class", which contains the rest of the logic - adding huge chunks of logic into what is essentially diff files of decompiled code would make them a massive pain to maintain.

>leave new world generating and rendering a map while I'm away from the PC so I can finally start playing my modpack
>100 chunk radius
>come back to a map made out of the forest island I'm standing on and the rest of it is literally nothing but ocean

Trying out FTB Inventions, what are some good materials for building?

Time to build them seabases, user. From retrofitted oil derricks to undersea domes, secret bases with an entrance shaped like a sunken ship, etc...
Or you could install a lot of ocean mobs and fight your way across the seas.

glorious nippons modders are at it again, huh?
can you tell us more about these mechs?

Cobblestone

What mods are you using? I can't be bothered to look up whats in shitty FTB modpacks.

Without the patches Forge doesn't work at all. And there's more in there than you think.

>completely flat terrain

Thaum golems retextured as meidos when?

Are you trying to fortify the island? That's some fun ass shit right there. Building with security in mind is always fun, even if you don't really have anything specific to fear.

When degeneracy prevails over sanity and wholesomeness.

>used to manually sort things into chests labeled with signs
>playing with 60+ mods so kept having to add more and more iron chests, then gold chests, then diamond chests
>finally get off my ass to set up Ender IO inventory panel
>can withdraw anything from panel then dump leftovers back into ender pouch for re-sorting
>been using it for a few days and finally have all the kinks out
Feels super fucking good, man.

lucky shithead.
seed mebe? BoP or biomes XL?

Once we figure out how to have Drunk Upside-down Golems and further push Thaumcraft into CLANG territory.

obsoleting the vanilla tools itself is not the problem. it's obsoleting everything else that is.
and the "framework" you talk of is little more than hijacking other mods' materials to make itself more broken. stop trying to pretend your favorite mod isn't MAWPC as fuck.
>ticon crossbows can end up oneshotting absolutely everything
and you'll go "well that's only with extraTiC!"
and I'll point out that such broken shit is entirely your precious "framework" doing what you intend it to do - letting ticon be god of everything. even with addon mods it shouldn't be letting you make The One True (tool/weapon).

[enchanting plus] fixes enchanting by taking out the random shit and it doesn't make everything from everything else completely useless. and if you config it so, you can use it to let you remove enchants, even from random loot, and reenchant things to your liking, without spending a billion books and levels trying to trick the RNG into giving you something not shit.

fucking TiCon shills...

jesus how did this thing quote my post instead of which I was replying to with the first wall of text. is 4chanx bugging out or something, goddamn today.

Modded tools are based off of vanilla - they should be made obsolete.
And in no way is tcon perfect.
But it's far better than vanilla.
Oh, and the oneshotting thing isn't a problem anyore, it's been nerfed into the ground.

Tcon is supposed to be "god" of everything.
That's it's job.
It's not like it's taking valuable work or time away from modders, vanilla tools are like the easiest fucking thing to make.
It's supposed to replace all vanilla esque tools.
Because they're shit. And tcon is marginally less shit.

Balancing something in a sandbox game with a fuckload of moddability is a massive problem, so basically to fix tcon, and by extension extraTiC, adding some way to config everything.

>Tcon is supposed to be "god" of everything.
>That's it's job.
So you admit it's MAWPC. Good. Now the healing process can begin. Start by uninstalling TiCon.

And again, as I stated in another thread before, TiC works to remove the reliance on diamonds for tools and armor. Since in modded, many mods will demand diamonds for "higher tier" machines, or even as a requirement for entry on some of them. So why should you spend half a stack of diamonds on your own gear (8+7+5+4+3+2+1 = 30, +2 for the enchanting table) when you have mods demanding similar amounts themselves each? Removing the demand for Diamonds (And other precious metals) is a good thing in my opinion, as an Alumite pickaxe can get you through the nether and beyond.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. Some of us want to use things that are actually good, while the "muhbalance" fuckers that cry about every ore doubling system as being MAWPC and want to play vanilla but not play vanilla is just befuddling to me.

Modpack suggestions for a bad CPU pleb ?
Tried FTB Lite, kinda empty :-/ Anything with more mods while still staying kinda light ? (Infinity makes me drop fps every few seconds and that's giving me literal cancer). Have a 2.4cpu, 8gig ram laptop, please don't stone me.

MAWPC means making things easy.
Not making shit content obsolete.
An iron pick made in tcon with an iron head and wood other parks should have the exact same stats as the vanilla one.
Except be moddable, and repairable in a non-shit way.
That isn't MAWPC.
The pick mods don't get crazy, they're based on vanilla.
It only gets crazy when you minmax like an autist.
And at which point, that's your fault.
Any modular system is going to be abusable.

spend like 50 bucks and get a decent cpu

ffs

forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guide-how-to-run-infinity-evolved-with-1-0gb-ram-allocation.149222/

>Laptop
>Upgrade CPU
Kiiiiiiind of hard with this user. At least they're trying.

>TiC works to remove the reliance on diamonds for tools and armor
You say that as if diamonds SHOULDN'T be a progression gate.

Yeah yeah, different strokes and all, but if those strokes are literally shit, don't expect people to be mum about the smell.

Try playing an older pack maybe? My pc can handle a big 1.7 pack at 50-60 fps but when I try an old modpack like FTB Ultimate 1.4.7, I get around 90 fps with no spikes even with lots of machines around.

>You're not playing the game how I want you to play the game and I'm going to be a bitch about it

No vanilla system should be the basis of a modded playthrough.
Mojang is retarded.
They are incapable of designing well made, mutable frameworks for new content.
Vanilla is such a clusterfuck, it's better to replace 99% orpf mechanics.