So I'm in the market to find a Dodge Neon SRT4. Mostly because it's one of Dodge's only stock turbo vehicles

So I'm in the market to find a Dodge Neon SRT4. Mostly because it's one of Dodge's only stock turbo vehicles.

Has anyone had any experience with it? I know Neons have a terrible history of being a pile of shit, but I've heard nothing but good things about the SRT4 and they seem to hold their value REALLY well.

Other urls found in this thread:

maine.craigslist.org/cto/5595871198.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SRT4 is bretty gud, but paying new car money for one can be bretty ruff. There are two types with very little middle ground:

Overpriced and beat to shit
Extremely overpriced and very well maintained

If you're set on getting one, ABSOLUTELY take to a mechanic to get it checked for what needs work, then factor those repairs and replacements into your purchase cost. It's usually worth it to just pay the extra for a very well maintained one, but make sure it was ACTUALLY well maintained, regardless of what owner says, and take it to a mechanic.

Awesome fun cars to drive, though.

>it's one of Dodge's only stock turbo vehicles.
WAT
pretty much any 80's/early 90's Chrysler you could get with a turbo 4.

Post-95

I like older vehicles, but not a lot of Dodge's or Chrysler's older vehicles bar their muscle cars.

Wow dude. It's like you don't know shit about turbo Dodges.

This guy nails it.

Ikr

Not wanting DAYYYYTONNAAAAAAAA

not op but he said one of you dipshit
also those things are slow pos
also ill wait while you find a clean one on for sale.

My 360hp/210tq vinyl wraped srt4 on 13psi. 27k into it. The most reliable srt4 in the world. During winter I'm throwing a 70mm turbo on it and going for 500hp/570tq on 19psi
Rome wasent built in a day and neither are quality cars. I worked 9 years to get to this point.

Ok you got me there.

but really, I'm interested. Is the design so much more different than the base neon? I have a 05 Neon Sports package that looks nearly identical to the SRT4.

I was wondering if I'd be able to take my aftermarket rims, exhaust and intake off my neon and onto an srt4.

Ok op. Here's the red pill.
They love to break motor and trans mounts.
They can break half shafts.
03s are open diff. One wheel peel avoid those.
They can eat oil after awhile.
It is a dodge and the interior is meh at best.
The viper seats are a bit overkill for a dd.
If you get in a accident the car pretty much crumples like a beer can.

The turbo and exhaust manifold are one piece.

The good.
They are fun and the engine has huge potential.
There are ways to convert them to awd.
The trans is strong and can handle a lot of abuse
The stock exhaust sounds great. One of the few cars that doesn't need a exhaust upgrade. Dat crackle

Yes, and no.

The front suspension is different, the front SRT brakes are larger and don't fit behind normal sized Neon wheels.

The 2.4 wasn't offered in the normal engine lineup. People make SRT-Fouxs using an engine from a real one or a turbo PT cruiser.

Front bumper, hood, skirts, spoiler are all different. The rear bumper might be the same as used on the RT model, with the dual exhaust cuts.

Interior the pedals, gauges, seats, and so on were different.

*SRT-Fauxs

Was looking through my local craigslist and found this. They want $1200 or best offer.

maine.craigslist.org/cto/5595871198.html

Would it be worth it to buy and make into a project car? I see it has no bumper cover, but (and excuse my ignorance) it looks like there's a missing panel on the drivers side before the door. What panel is that?

Driver's side fender.

Those weren't specific to the SRT and are both cheap and common.

I bet the front bumper will be will add another 500+ easily. It's the bumper cover, two nostril vents, and the four mesh parts for the crosshair section that everyone removes anyway.

Aftermarket bumpers were significantly cheaper than finding a stock SRT bumper when I needed one.

A normal neon bumper will fit and make it look like a rental car, but the SRT hood is different so you'll have to swap that too.

Also is he just having a laugh in posting that ad?

There was no automatic option.

Hi. Car mechanic here. I have had two friends (also mechanics) that have owned SRT-4's. In THEIR experiences they are totally unreliable and do not last. Neither of them had a terrible amount of miles on them and both have been thrown in the scrapper long ago. Adding to this, the likelihood of finding one in decent shape is very low. If you do manage though you are then spending way too much money. In my professional opinion I would never recommend one to a customer or anyone that I didn't hate.

Well I looked, and I really couldn't find a SRT4 in my price range.

However, I was considering buying a Neon SXT and doing a 2.4l DOCH swap and turbo'ing that. Found a manual 02 sxt in Vermont with aftermarket rims, hood, and spoiler. Body is in great shape too. Was gonna pull the motor + tranny out of a low mileage stratus/caravan and go from there.

Havent seen this one in a while

referring to

Looks like garbage. At least it's fast I guess. Looks trailer park as fuck though

95% of people who plan on turboing a N/A car don't end up doing it and just talk about it forever.

>360hp/210 tq

mathematically this would be at just over 9000 rpm. was this intended a subtle meme for autistic kids? i know its stale spaghetti