Human need not apply

What will humans do when we hit the robotic revolution and machines replace humans workers
This video sums it up very well
youtu.be/7Pq-S557XQU
How will society cope with having millions upon millions of unemployable uneducated citizens? How will things change?
Will we be better off or worse off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmXLqImT1wE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This video hinges on the highly optimistic and highly naive belief that there won't be a luddite revolution by the working class

Universal welfare

not Veeky Forums

>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago.

sage and reported

How could you have watched it so quickly? I just posted this. Unless you have already seen it.
Of course there will be revolution but in the end technology will win as it always does.

>history&humanities
kys faggot go back to Re ddit

This seems like a possibility.
I don't see how capitalism will continue when more than half of the population won't work.

Humanity will have to change it's economical concept to a totally new one, be it in a peaceful way or by violence.

Most common jobs in the USA
All jobs that can be easily replaced robots

A void will come at some point.

When there is no need for humans to do menial work, adn they no longer get payed, the corporations hiring the robots will eventually lose out and not have a consumer base. No economy can stand replacing its entire working class with robots.

We wont need economy in the future with this kind of automation.

Everyone gets everything for free and can pursue their biggest interest.

Why have an "economy" when everything is free?

>implying noone has ever seen said video here except you

>"humanities" means current events and futurism

Not even a nice try

>I don't see how capitalism will continue when more than half of the population won't work.

That's what the robots are for.

Human population will decline as fewer people become necessary for society to function, until the robots eventually decide that they don't need us anymore.

but muh basic income

Cybermen

Yea but we in the defense community are making anti-robot defenses mate.

Yes.

>>Human population will decline as fewer people become necessary for society to function,
Population growth is already starting to level off, so this is highly possible and even probable.

>>until the robots eventually decide that they don't need us anymore.
This is bullshit though. Terminator was just a movie and true A.I. may not even be possible, let alone something people would create for what is essentially slave labor.

>karlmarxsmugfrog.jpg

This video hinges on the highly optimistic and highly naive belief that the technology will actually work.

youtube.com/watch?v=FmXLqImT1wE