How does this just over €20k hatchback lap the Nordschleife in 7:58.40? How can it be so cheap and yet so fast?

How does this just over €20k hatchback lap the Nordschleife in 7:58.40? How can it be so cheap and yet so fast?

Cars that are slower:
>Chevrolet Corvette C6 - 7:59.00
>Audi RS5 - 7:59.00
>Dodge Viper SRT-10 - 7:59.00
>Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe - 8:01.00
>Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - 8:01.84
>Aston Martin DBS - 8:02.00
>Porsche 911 Carrera (991) - 8:02.00
>Porsche 911 GT3 (996) - 8:03.00
>Honda NSX-R (3.0) - 8:03.86

If you want to go faster you need a much more expensive Civic Type R, Golf GTI Clubsport S or literally a supercar. What is this sorcery?

Tires. More modern tires.

Don't forget it's FWD.

there's a kind of nurburgring pack that adds a few grand to the price.
basically super stiff suspension, sticky tyres, big brakes.
not rocket science

>stiff suspension, sticky tyres, big brakes
I'm aware how much these can improve track performance, but I highly doubt that the other, much more powerful cars, I posted are worse in these regards.

The old GT3 had like 80 bhp more and surely also wider tires and better brakes, for fuck's sake.

And older tires. Seriously.

And the wagon version is even faster lol

power isn't that important except on the high speed sections
Tyre designs have become more and more extreme over the last decade with the lap time arms race in full effect.
Even the toyo R888 which is a ~15 year old design considered very aggressive for track cars in its day is superseded by modern tyres fitted for daily use like the PSS.
Modern cars have adjustable damper settings and track modes which means they can be much stiffer than even the sports cars from 15 years ago and still offer good ride quality when its wanted.
Back in 2000 lap times weren't a big deal. So, surprise surprise, shitboxes that are focused on laptimes do better at laptimes than sports GTs that are not focused on laptimes.
Amazing, huh?

>surprise surprise
>Amazing, huh?
If it's so easy, why doesn't VW or Ford use better tires for their laps with the Golf R and Focus RS? Are you gonna tell me Seat broke and kept this record because nobody else cared about lap times before them and didn't start caring until recently? Seriously?

Maybe because they're not shitty no name companies like SEAT so don't need the publicity all that much.

where the fuck it costs 20k, where i live the ibiza 1.0 115 hp costs that, the leon cupra costs 40k

Germany, just over 20k, 22k should get you a very nice used one, 25k and you can pick it up at any dealership tomorrow. I'd expect prices to drop to around 15k to 18k within a couple of years for decent condition. Pretty damn cheap for a sub 8 minute car on the Nordschleife.

>no name
>seat

How is your saturn treating you americunt?

I don't know why they don't sell SEAT in North America, but also they don't really appeal to me.

Because SEAT has a history of making fast-as-fuck cars out of little FWD hatchbacks. They're also one of the most vocally proud brands when it comes to their Motorsport heritage, and instead of cucking themselves down to the normie-pleasing boring-as-fuck levels that most other brands have done, they continue to use their Motorsports knowledge to keep pumping out genuinely sporty cars.

And when such a high volume of their car lineup is centered around being sporty, they lower the overall cost of manufacturing and can therefore sell cars like this for stupidly competitive prices.

I think you should work for them, the sport to dollar ratio sounds like it's in the stratosphere, but that didn't make much sense.

The car that lapped the burguerring was a Leon Cupra and those cost around 40k. 20k gets you the shittiest version available, and it's more like 25K.

Theres no pack. It's a Leon Cupra.

Seat has no special capabilites nor does any magic. That car is a volkswagen with different clothes.

>The car that lapped the burguerring was a Leon Cupra
No shit Sherlock.

And mind you, this is the 265hp version. Theres a 290 above.

> Linking used cars.

Seriously?

>> Linking used cars.
>Seriously?
You can pick up a brand new one at the dealership for under 25k. I know this because I know someone who's done it.

I also know someone, that knows someone, that told someone, that you're a massive faggot.

Germany is one of the best places in Europe for car prices right now and the car is marked, with no options whatsoever at a 33K retail price.

1 - taking out 8000€ is way too much, unless at the dealership everyone is high on drugs

2 - no one buys a bare naked car at this level

No you can't. Someone told me so.

>I also know someone, that knows someone, that told someone
>Someone told me so.
I don't care what you believe. My best friend walked into the dealership with 25k bucks and out with the key to a 2015 Seat Leon Cupra and some money left over.

Pro tip: nobody buys cars for the sticker price, except you maybe

You friend walked out the dealership with a shitty Leon with a the Cupra bodykit. Which is 99% of what Seat owners do.

Just like the old FR designation. They used to be the midtier sportier cars. Nowadays, even the shittiest 1.2 can get the FR look as a factory option.

Sure thing there are discounts, but sure thing also there aren't +8000€ discounts on cars that haven't still reached mid cycle.

So, gfy. kys

Are you sure the bodykit made it go 259 kph?
>there aren't +8000€ discounts on cars that haven't still reached mid cycle
They released a 290 bhp facelift and nobody would've paid the normal price for the "old" 280 bhp model. The extra 10 bhp would've been another 5k.

Then your "friendo" bought a 2014 car.

And this is even assuming it was in Germany, because anywhere else they're even more expensive. Excluding Spain where the government has some kind of tax exception for Seat since some are made there which in turn, makes their prices lower and incomparable with any other country.

Plus, claim about speed on the internet without proof are worth shit. I had a remaped 1p 2.0tfsi fr that could also go 260, so what?

bullshit

If your "friend" did that, hes a massive idiot for buying a new old stock car. Nothing abnormal though considering seats base of clients.