Am I retarded?

Sup Veeky Forums visitor from /k/ here.

I have recently had an offer from a friend in sub-Saharan Africa.

He runs an import export firm which nets him about $100K a year. This is enough to live like a God in that part of the world.

He is interested in taking me on as a partner with me sourcing goods in the developed world then shipping them to him. We would only ship when we have a buyer.

We have some initial luxury items (2nd cars and tech) and are looking into exporting commodities. People will pay a premium not to deal with the Chinese. The fact one half of the business (me) is a white western lawyer gives us huge credibility on this alone.

How stupid are we?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/55984115/#55985079
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As long as you personally don't risk anything, I say go for it. Worst case scenario you have an adventure and learn some things.

Try it. Too many people on this board are scared to try anything, and you'll never have fun or make money with that mentality.

good luck

Thank you anons.

I know reassurance from neets and/or bizlords is not something I should seek but I remain grateful.

It's a great excuse to go back. I have learnt I do very well in Africa.

For clarity there's no investment required from me initially, I would be reinvesting my earnings as would my partner on the other end. My plan is once things are set up enough to employ a wagecuck to do the western end and move out there myself.

The fact that you are a lawyer means you are probably less likely to get fucked, unless you are a retarded lawyer. I would say;

1) Dont take any equity in the firm, I wouldnt want to deal with a lawsuit in africa, let your friend deal with that.

2) Do your due diligence. Is your friend doing something that is in any way, shape or form illegal?

3) Make sure the numbers work before putting your money into anything. i know hes your friend, but the "double your money in a month!" things are usually too good to be true.

4) Make sure that anything you do is not illegal, i.e. dont ship stolen goods, as profitable as it may seem

Im curious, which country is your friend based in?

Hello eminently sensible user.

1.equity
Good thinking. I wouldn't seek to invest in the firm initially. I will be sharing profits.

2. Due diligence
My friend has assets in (my country) and I will be sure to include a governance clause in any contract.

3.1 Maths

Sensible advice. This is why we will insist on money up front. I know business in SSA can take some funny turns but it's our hope with my (and his established) good name we can make this happen.

3.2 markup
We are looking at a pretty healthy (but sane) return of about 25% net initially.

4. Illegal
As it'll be me sourcing the goods I'm pretty happy on this count. I do have an unrelated gemstones venture which is getting more interesting by the day.

5. Where?
Namibia. I've good links in Zambia, Rwanda, SA and Botswana.

Additionally for any Captains of Industry out there a holiday in Livingstone Zambia is a lot of fun.

You seem to be getting into this with your eyes open. I wish you good luck, just make sure to always cover your own ass..

If ever you move there make a thread about it, would like to hear about it.

Thank you user.

I did once do an AMA on my time in Zambia. It's somewhere in the archives of /pol/ of all places. I can try and find it if you wish boss?

How well do you know this friend? It sounds like a scam

>I can try and find it if you wish boss?

No, don:t worry about it. I'll keep an eye out for you on here in the future.

Too late. archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/55984115/#55985079

I've known him for around three years. What makes you concerned user? I'm not being defensive I'm genuinely curious

What products are yoy planning to sell in africa, I own an import business in Colombia and it would be fairly interesting to see what Colombian products we can source for africans, like high quality colombian coffee

Might be too much of a luxury but I'm curious. What else are you interested in exporting?

Colombia mostly exports flowers, tobacco, fruits, coffee, emeralds, clothing and shoes, coal, oil and other non manufactured goods, my company can source most of them all we require is a contact.

Do you export anything to the UK? Would you like to?

Most of the exports we do have been to other countries in Latin America, we are yet to meet a contact in the UK, of course I would like to open business there.

Consider me an initial contact then. I've been curious about brokering for a while. Got a throwaway email?

Perfect, you can reach me on [email protected], lets see if I can provide something you might be interested on selling in the UK.

Sounds fun and like a good Adam Sandler movie. Would definitely try out OP (and watch if filmed)

You have mail.

I think that's a compliment. Thank you.

Just replied

Go for it I'm exporting shit to Africa getting mad bucks what you guys are exporting?

We are looking at cars and luxury consumer goods initially. What about yourself?

Any advice?

Good to know you are doing fine, I am trying to set up shop first to export colombian goods

>I do have an unrelated gemstones venture which is getting more interesting by the day.
I'd be interested in hearing more about this if you're willing to share.

You being white will make your people succed believe me for some people people there and in most of the arab world loves you whities and will buy anything as long as they see your faces it is almost ridiculous the only part where there is muh muh white privilege is in that kind of places so go on OP you will live.

doing biofuel and construction goods for rich companies. I have a connect in Japan for cars if youre interested
send me an email, i have some ppl in Switzerland those fuckers might eat your shit right up [email protected] (not gonna post a proper mail on Veeky Forums)

SA is the worst country to do business in, fuck I will never go back there

>Colombian oil

Do you do a lot of work in oil? I've had a hand in a recent Colombian acquisition and understand the key players of Colombian oil.

If all goes to plan I'll be in Sierra Leone for four months come December (does Santa visit SL?) I've a possible line on people interested in diamonds if I can prove their veracity. (That's an immense other thread in itself)

I'm interested in both. Have an email user San. My friend has some links in Japan. I'll be interested to hear what you have for me.

I'd be interested in your Swiss friends too.

SA is a weird weird place.

I call this "the Mzungu" effect. It doesn't hurt that I look and sound like Scottish Brian Blessed. I've never met a foreign businessman who didn't love it.

I see my ID has changed. I'm still OP btw.

I will write to you, cheers

Our company has never dealt with oil export, other goods, moslty tobacco, emeralds, clothing and coffee

buy URRE or be poor in my opinion.

wrote back to you
sure drop me smth

You're not stupid, you're risk-tolerant.