/evn/ - English Visual Novels

30 dollary doos edition

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3 (embed)

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B (embed)

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread (for tripfag drama):

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NsXBJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Visible nipples
Time to make a new thread already?

But user, despite the text, I'm pretty sure that's a man.

>dat bg
>dat horrendous sprite
Why... god... why? Do devs have no sense of

A E S T H E T I C S ?

The sprite isn't "terrible" if it was actually a guy

>always tries new things with her games, not rehashed garbage
>only dev you can say is revolutionizing the genre unironically
>never did crowdfunding in any form
>a futa accepted by /u/

bretty good

>crowdfunding is baaaaad
Whine more nigger.

It's fine then

it's not bad but it's admirable to not see a dev holding on to other people's money for years on end.

>Grouping all devs into one because of a few scumbags

Honestly though, I will never understand why they put it off so much. It's better to hurry up, deliver it, make people happy and move on to the next project.

Delaying it only ruins their name, get people mad as fuck and destroys their chances of being received well in their next game/vn.

>dat sheet
couldn't figure what thing is made of. Too wrinkly to be silk, too glossy to be cotton. My best guess is hair.

>dat outlet
Seriously, who puts their power outlet within stepping distance of the workspace? Anyone meticulous enough to duct tape cords on the wall wouldn't make such an elementary mistake.

>dat curtain
obviously forced aside to show the window and remove the feeling of claustrophobia

>dat painting
out of place

>dat sprite
Why does this guy have boobs?

projects that did this and released it:
driftwood
this other evn which was so unremarkable I can't remember anything about it, other than there was some minute KS drama about them not being able to afford voice acting anymore due to fund depletion
projects that are currently doing it:
megatokyo vn
dizzy hearts
HRP
that 999 inspired thing
feel free to add to this

lovely thieves is currently doing it

the unremarkable vn turned out to be errant heart

hey, errant heart looks really, really good at least

>scumbags
i said it was admirable, user. you need absolutely no credentials to raise more than most people make in a year from strangers wow'd by pretty art and maybe a 10 minute demo if you feel charitable. it's admirable to see she's never done it despite her experience and talent.

pretty sure it was No One But You

>Experience
Relative
>Talent
Subjective.

>dat sheet
Looks just like satin to me.

tbf clove doesn't need to fundraise because i'm pretty sure she made a lot of money from sales of analogue. these other projects that have had kickstarters are largely made by people with no money, i think.

a Patreon would have netted her plenty either way

Europeans, tell me what makes your room distinct from that of the Japs. Is that globe on the desk really a thing?

do your fucking research, faggot.

oh yeah, good point.
maybe she makes enough money from sales she doesn't feel the need. i wouldn't judge if she did though, since there's nothing wrong with accepting people's money if they want to give it to you.

things were so much simpler back then

Pretty accurate, can confirm \o

you forgot
>doesn't branch off into a million other projects

My school didn't have a desk. We have those chairs with an extended arm rest for you to write on. Pretty uncomfy. 1/10. Will not fap in again.

Those desks are horrible. The table top sticks out too much.
How are you going to open these windows? The exterior walls are too thin, what are they, 20cm thick?
Is th teacher's desk made out of plastic? Why the unnecessary bevel?
What's going on with that bookshelf in the background? Was it carved from one, solid slab of wood?
The lamps look ridiculous. Have you ever seen a ceiling light?

It's ridiculous when people who have not the slightest idea about architecture try to model interiors.

>Have you ever seen a ceiling light?
Literally searching "classroom light fixture" proves how much of a pretentious prick you are.

Entertain me and show me the reference used to make that light.
I won't even ask how it's attached to the ceiling.

Recessed lighting master race?

>nitpick user getting nitpicked
I'm ok with this.

And this 'nitpick user' isn't pretentious? He rips on other's work but his own art is literal dog shit?

I just finished fapping. Why is everyone so grouchy today?

>table top
Yeah, didn't noticed that awhile ago. My eyes were glued on the 1st one.
>windows
WIP but maybe sliding. Not sure yet.
>Book
Yeah, missed that. Thanks.
>Lights
Got that from a weeb anime. Might change it to those hollow ones for a more western feel.

Thanks

I'm okay with it too.

We're all 'nitpick anons', user.

Just finished Valhalla. I thought it was superb, but nearly all of the conflicts were resolved too quickly. Guess that's just a limitation of being an indie game.

>finally gets calculations
>tries
>gets rekt by precision issues

Here, we have double desks (we always sit with someone, pretty nice, because if your deskamate is good you can share some stuff). There's always a cross above the blackboard and the floor is almost always wooden.

Double desks example.

The cross never went away.

>those ugly-ass lights and shadows on the floor

It will stay there for eternity.

>all this talk about schools
>Tfw studied in an all girl's catholic school
>People in it are unreligious as fuck.

Everyone in there were just in it for creds and waifu training.

>I just finished fapping
>wasting energy.
naive. i'm already an ascended wizard in the 5th stage of qi cultivation, i have so much energy don't even need to sleep anymore.

>waifu training
Does it work, though? Do you have a set of traditional "female skills" (cooking, sewing, etc) as a result of it?

>sitting with someone
literally why? It can't be anything but inconvenience.

Actually. Yeah. I do. I managed to make jackets, shorts, pillow casings and stuff. As for cooking. I'm pretty basic but they taught me enough that I can mince like a pro. Hah.

> sit with someone
> test time
> you share answers

Sharing stuff, learning together, making bonds. Usually (unless the person is a total fuckhead) the person you sit with ends up becoming your good friend. Also, if the class number is even it lessens the probability of having 'forever alone' students (unless it's uneven and you end up alone, which sucks). My school had desks with even 4 people in it, it was pretty nice. I could make some good friends thanks to that. Usually, I'm a loner so I couldn't make them as easily if I was sitting alone.

Depends really, sometimes you'll get stuck with a total baka and he just asks you for answers without doing shit.

Can I build the house in The Sims and take pictures for my BGs?

Sure can, just make sure to use photoshop filters afterwards to give it dat unique look. If anyone questions it deny furiously and claim it's "my artsyle".

As long as it's not commercial, no one will kill you over it. However all assets inside Sims belong to EA, and you wouldn't want them on your back.

>all assets inside Sims belong to EA,
Including the fan-made ones?
But they arent going to know if I only use stuff downloaded from the internet right?

>Including the fan-made ones?

Then depending whether it's a mesh or a model, it belong to EA AND the person who made them. Now you're stealing from two sources, congrats.

>Including the fan-made ones?
Those belong to whoever designed them.

>Pure maidens in an all girl catholic school sitting together on a desk and training to be waifu material
Best seller right there

those were usually chads though, you could always extort chad services from them

that sounds gay as fuck just buy a dildo like normal straight men that want to experience the pleasure of dick

I can already see rivers of money.

I meant like making them buy you shit from cafeteria or take over after class cleanup duty or spook other chads, but alright

yeah right, buzz off haha "chad services" lmao you gay as heck

After height calculations...

>no Africa
nice

I don't know why my background colorist did that. Will it cause an issue?

The tongue ever turns to the aching tooth.

u gay homes forget tooth your tongue has bigger problems

Looks fine color wise, the only thing that ticks me off a bit is the breast placement of that second grill. Seems a bit too low, but might just be me.

No, fuck niggers.
Also, now I can finally see her tits, so everything is fine.

I dont understand?

the lower case 'a' looks like a 'q' this some gay ass font you got there

u cheeky

I have that feeling as well. I didn't notice it at the beginning until I started experimenting with sprite placement.

I'd move Driftwood into the other group. They released half of a broken demo, nowhere near what they're still scheduled to deliver.

no, that's hilarious, your bg artist may be secretly a KKK member though

>tfw you made some progress, but can't post screenshot because it has crucial storywise spoilers.

It's fine, your story is a complete dogshit anyway.

5 hours into modeling and my pc decides to keep hibernating for some goddamn reason. Gonna post it when I wake up so you'll have something to shit on.

Seriously, I don't get it with the lights. I swear I've seen those kinds several times. Anyway, shadow sampling (specially soft shadow) eats a shit lot of RAM. I usually fix that on the final render.

If it's a window, check power options on the control panel.

Thanks, you always know how to cheer up people

What a cute boy

cue Chris Love flailing in incoherent rage

Have something /evn/

Gonna add the details tomorrow (curtains, screws, swastika, etc.).

Thanks. Helped a bit before hibernating again. Must be a battery issue.

I love you forever for adding that cross

> 4 years of development
> art is shit

well then.

which game?

Which program are you using?

ladykiller in a bind.

>ladykiller in a bind
Whoa, it's something

so wait, is that a dude with breasts or a woman?

>look it up
>there's a link to artist character design progress
>imgur.com/a/NsXBJ

What happened

wow

>from a regular Takeuchi wannabe to whatthefuckisthis
did they get hit by a bus, poor soul

I like Christina Love's games, but her opinions are shit.

unfortunately, her opinions bleed into her games.

Hate and Hate Plus, to me, seemed low key on it.

Yeah, Korean Patriarchies are bad, but at least it wasn't an attack on men are or anything. Hell, the princess even liked having sex with the Emperor.

But this was all before gamergate, so who knows what she'll do now.

Also, if your entire personality revolves around "I'm Queer" you're a boring person.

>But this was all before gamergate, so who knows what she'll do now.

have you tried the LiB demo? the "goldstar lesbian" scene is cringy as fuck.

>have you tried the LiB demo?

No, what happens?

The sprite sure is terribad, but what's wrong with the BG? Looks fine to me.

Yurop here. Might vary from country to country, but here we don't have windows so big in public schools. Maybe in recently built tax offices, but never in education. You want people to focus on the teacher, not sightseeing.