>friend tells me he bought a mustang
>it's a 6 cylinder

seriously what's the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uhhhhhhhh better gas mileage?

idk

Your friend drives a car that every college sorority girl drives because she wanted something "fast"

Less likely to hit pedestrians

nah if he bought a v6 he is still retarded and just as likely.

What's wrong with a 2011+ v6 mustang?

Tell you're friend thanks for taking one for the team. It's idiots like him why ford sells trillions of mustangs, which in turn allows the principals of mass production to keep the real mustang (v8) price low.

>implying mustangs wouldn't still hit pedestrians even if they only had one cylinder

The 3.7 V6 mustang from today has as much hp as the 4.6 V8 mustang from 10 years ago

Hell even the Ecoboost 4 banger makes more power than the 2006 GT

V6 mustang is fine.

>produces good hp
>still has terrible weight distribution.

>dat coping

I wasn't aware of the new mustangs weight distribution issues. How bad is it?

>coping
what?

There's a V6 mustang in the town I live in that I've been seeing for a few years now. It sounds cool and rips hectic skids so it's all good

"Though it gains a few pounds compared with the outgoing model, this 2015 Mustang carries its burden more evenly. In EcoBoost guise, weight distribution is 52/48 front-to-rear; wearing 5.0 trim, it's slightly more nose-heavy at 53/47. Still, that's a vast improvement over the previous 57/43 split, and the closest any production Mustang has ever come to perfect 50/50 allocation."

That's not bad at all

I replied to the wrong post.

"Though it gains a few pounds compared with the outgoing model, this 2015 Mustang carries its burden more evenly. In EcoBoost guise, weight distribution is 52/48 front-to-rear; wearing 5.0 trim, it's slightly more nose-heavy at 53/47. Still, that's a vast improvement over the previous 57/43 split, and the closest any production Mustang has ever come to perfect 50/50 allocation."

>V6
>gas mileage

Should've just bitten the bullet tbqh.

That's really not bad dude

its not a v8

>Not a 350r shelby.

Could've had a slightly older V8 for the same price.

A new 3.7 V6 Mustang starts at 24.2K, and makes 304hp.
A new 2.3 I4T Mustang starts at 25.6K, and makes 314hp.

A secondhand Mustang GT, at 25K, is pretty damn loaded, and comes with a 400hp V8.

For the price of any given V6 ponycar, you can always afford a slightly older V8 model with more power.

>perfect 50/5
Stop this meme.

>have 6 cylinder mustang
>it's not a v6

If you are talking about the 2005 - 2010 V8 then
>Consumes more gas.
>Slower around the track by a huge margin.
>Faster at the drag for about 2 yo 3 milliseconds.
>Can't turn in comparison to any v6, specially the ones with performance package.
>Looks duller
>Have more potential for mods i guess.

>Buying new cars

Actually the 2015 has about 52-53% front weight.

And the 05 gt had about 53% front weight.

You probably have a 90s honda, tell us more about weight distribution please, tard.

And what do you fucks drive? 4 cyls? What v6 mustang did he buy? If its 2011 or newer, its probably still triple the HP of anything you'll ever own.

I'm a v8 guy myself, but these new v6s are 22k sticker price, and that isn't bad when you compare it to other new cars. I bought my termi for a lot cheaper than that though

I think you need to find better friends.

I'm talking about a 2010-2015 of course.

>If its 2011 or newer, its probably still triple the HP of anything you'll ever own.
And if it's a V8 it would have even more power. Being able to only go a little faster than a car with an engine from the 90's is sad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the V6 mustang is a poser trim.

>still triple the power anything you'll ever own

It's got triple the power of my LS1 god machine? Time to sell it and buy a v6 mustang. They've got almost 1,000 horsepower.

Meant to reply to

How many cylinders does the bus you ride have?

>He doesn't DD a V16 locomotive with 4,000+ HP

Stay pleb

Why is it that the V6 Mustang always gets shot on? Same shit with the Cayman in comparison to the 911

Is it just bitter econobox drivers?

A V6 Mustang is for people with poor decision making skill. Could've had an objectively better, slightly older V8 model for the same money, maybe a bit less. The stereotype of a V6 Mustang driver is a girl who begged daddy to buy one for her, or a guy who knows nothing about cars.

Cayman vs. 911 is a whole different game. Cayman has traditionally been gimped by Porsche, to protect their moneymaker (the 911) They never offered it with a turbo flat six, no decent naturally aspirated six, hell, the GT4 even has longer gears to make sure it doesn't accelerate faster than a comparable 911.

Also, Porche purists hate anything with the engine in the right place (and watercooled stuff for that matter). Then there's the girls begging daddy for a Porsche convertible - hence the Cockster. It's a cheap way into Porsche ownership, which the purists don't like, it dilutes brand image, just like the 4 cilinder models (914, 924, 944 etc.) did. At the same time, the Cayman chassis is the best they've got (without a milliondollar budget), which makes the purists butthurt. If Porsche would just man the fuck up and slap the GT2 engine in the Cayman, it'd easily outrun the 911 GT2.

Point is, the Cayman is a good car in itsefl, but it's gimped by Porsche, hated by purists, and has reputation that's soured by the Boxster.

>better mpg
>thousands of dollars cheaper
>not as obnoxiously loud

Why didnt he get the ecoboost

Then whats the stereotype for the ecoboost

As far as i know theyre pretty quick and light with better weight distribution not to mention mpg

>Then whats the stereotype for the ecoboost
Ricer or hypermiler - unless they're making V8 power, in which case they don't have a V8 power curve, and they should've gone with the V8.

Engineer bro? I'm in a mechanical back shop for a Class 1 system. We mostly overhaul Evo's and Dash 9's but also do quite a few EMD's (various GP's and SD's)

Are you high?

a v8 is the absolute only reason to even consider an american car.

>caring about mpg
>v8 holds value longer
>v6 is angry farting beehive tier

I drive a v8

Old Ford v6 suck down as much gas as their v8s did

debate my ecoboost.

Airaid Intake
Cobb Stage 1
Muffler Delete
UPR Catch Can
Lightweight Battery

270whp and the butt-meter says over 300tq

Looks nice

Whats the monthly payment

right color,
definitely auto

Crown Vic Interceptor? I was thinking about getting a town car to build a little for a solid daily, how do you like your Vic?

thank you.

15k down

368 a month for 60 months 1.9% apr

>not buying outright

Wait you're paying 37k after all said and done? You dun goofed

I dont agree but its still better than your shitbox tbqh

apr is a bitch.

I was almost able to get them down to zero percent but im 23 years old and didn't have enough credit history.

I am also selling my ford focus in a month or two to help recoup the cost. should be able to get 7k.

The dealer offered 5,750 for my focus and i told them to stop jewhorning me and took my keys back.

>23
>buying new

Been my daily for a year and a half now. Been a great car

Unfortunately not, I was only joking. That's really cool that you do that though, I've always loved trains and have a group of friends who I go 'trainspotting' with from time to time.

>And what do you fucks drive? 4 cyls?

kek, I hope some ricer with a k20 puts you in your place some day

youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM

Yes

I just looked at my last two posts and died laughing

Oh shit, that's the I-75 corridor in Tampa, just a stone's throw away from where I live. Most people stick to the bridges since they're long and straight and never have cops on them (sometimes on the ends but never parked on the spans)

Is that a Roush?

>roomate buys brand new challenger for 30k
>v6
>srt8 badges

Here is your reply

ITT: cuck without car shitposting about a V6.

Stay poor faggots

>He isn't LT1 Master Race

Ah gotcha, yeah it's a great job and really cool to work on these huge machines. Sometimes I get to drive them around the facility, they're surprisingly simple to operate

Thanks senpai

I think the same way whenever I see a new BMW that isn't an M series.
So you want to tell people you're rich enough to buy a BMW, but not rich enough to buy the premier series?
What's the fucking point?

You sound jealous that he has a means of monthly income.
15k down is hefty but that's a pretty good apr for being so young and it being a new sports car. What is the insurance like and who are you with?

Yhe price/perfomance gap is way wider there senpai, with the BMWs

>lightweight battery

adds 15hp don't you know. :)

I have Statefarm and a multi car policy. 753 every 6 months. It would have been 1083 every 6 without multicar.

I have no tickets and have never been pulled over or in an accident.

>friend tells me he bought a mustang
kys

Holy shit you made a bad life decision for a mustang that has to pipe sound through the speakers.

A brand new ecoboost mustang is roughly 25k before bullshit. You're paying 12k extra. Did you fucking negotiate to pay sticker price or above there Hank Hill?

so did everyone who bought a brand new M3 also make a bad life decision? Or any of the other new BMWs?

They did if they owed almost what the car was worth after putting down over 50% upfront.

Premium interior, heated and cooled seats, navigation, rear camera and sensing system.

And the god tier performance package.

>implying I'm jealous
He'd get a lower interest rate in like a year and he could have gotten a 2 year old V8 for the same price

Even so, you should have tried harder desu

HAHAHAH YOU PUT YOURSELF 22K IN DEBT AT 22 FOR AN i4 MUSTANG WITH THE COMFORTS OF A MINIVAN.

I bet the salesman was laughing his ass off that that deal actually went through.

>artist rendering of that sale

>M3
>Ecoboost mustang or any mustang
One of these things holds value, one of these things doesn't. Hint: It's a mustang. Better get paddling, you're gonna be underwater on that loan for a while.

you know what? It does have the comforts of a minivan. And its great. Maximum comfy.

And debt would be the wrong word, it implies I cant pay for the car.

And the salesman only chuckled when he showed me the first payment schedule with either 7 to 9% interest and I told him "im walking out of here if you don't change that to something much more reasonable."

>M3
>holding value

Well I am listing what is on the window sticker and in the car......

Is that not how you list the options in your car?

Please educate me.

That money could have gone towards a down payment on a house and made you money instead

gas milage or going to buy a v8 for it later...

>And debt would be the wrong word, it implies I cant pay for the car.

Oh god, my sides are literally in orbit. No retard, it implies that you owe money on it. I'm able to afford multiple retarded purchase that I can stretch out over a few years, that doesn't mean it's smart.
>And the salesman only chuckled
They don't laugh at in the customers face like I'm doing you. They have the decency to wait until you give them money and or are out of earshot.

actually the V8s hold value much better than the ecoboosts. I already knew that.

But a V8 with the options I would want would be 40K and the insurance higher as well.

Let me rephrase that, anything holds value in comparison to a mustang. A Smart car is a better purchase if you buy it outright than a new mustang.

maybe in 30+ states that aren't California.

ahh yes the 4.6 blooper reel v8 the one you have to put a shipload of money into to make it perform like a 5.0

They've been making the coyote for 6 years now dumbass.

Who said I have multiple? This is my only recurring monthly purchase besides my phone bill.
My car payment is about 1/4 of what I make a month.

and pay coyote prices too. For retard tier suspension.