/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #542 squid edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-N_spYwqyY
youtube.com/watch?v=O7eYSjZUu5E
sonic.wikia.com/wiki/NiGHTS
youtube.com/watch?v=u1nQxH3kugg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is what happens when burgers aren't awake

I'm awake, and don't call me a burger you fuck

Fast

what ever slowhog

Have you just not been paying attention to Mania news then?

youtube.com/watch?v=J-N_spYwqyY

>slow
>Implying

>Metal Gear Survive
>Resident Evil 7 is shit
>Ash Loses another League
>Bleach manga ended with Ichihime
>Flop Force and it's gay af finale with GIGA MORPH BALL SAMUS
BOMB JAPAN

For every Action (Sonic Mania), there is an equal and opposite reaction (all that shit you listed). It's just all of Sonic's bad luck spreading elsewhere

Reminds me of Bioware going full retard after making Chronicles. Meanwhile, Sonic got Colors. It was like the curse was transferred.

Don't worry, the Otakus will die out and eat each other

They really are just asking for another nuclear holocaust.

>tfw this pic is so old I used to trace it back in middle school 10 years ago

Hey, you're right.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7eYSjZUu5E

>Have you just not been paying attention to Mania news then?
i dont want spoilers, studiopolis got my hopes up, but then again....they had to reuse green hill for the millionth time

But it's still obviously going to have new stages.

What happened?

>He races Shard
>Then Shard Dies
Rest in RIP

i hope you are right

Why wouldn't they have new stages along with the old? They also confirmed to be story reasons on why Sonic is going be passing through the old zones.

>trailer says New Zones
>most of the trailer is Studiopolis

>Gee, I hope there are new zones in this game.

*coughspecialstagescough*
To this day I still haven't gotten the hang of Blue Sphere.

I got cancer

I'm not good at it either. But I haven't been at it for very long.

It's been 20~odd years and I still suck at it. Lost cause, as far as I'm concerned.

Lost world was a mistake...

Sonic was a mistake.

i dont want old zones done again thats all

25 YEARS OF LIE!

Understandable. Your first post made it sound like you thought there were no new stages at all.

I don't think anyone really does that much. Feels like it was necessary for SEGA to okay the idea of Mania and new zones at all to me.

Blue Spheres are easiest special stages. But maybe I'm just saying that because S3&K was the game I played the most as a kid.

doesn't really bother me, as long as they have enough original stages then the old stages are like a bonus to me. They get remixed and you can use Green Hill Zone to test the physics

oh, i see, my bad

Is Nights transgender?

motion sickness

NiGHTS is whatever you want it to be, baby.

git gud?

No he just gay

Nights is genderfluid

NiGHTS is a genderless first-level "Nightmaren"
sonic.wikia.com/wiki/NiGHTS

NiGHTS is the same gender as the protagonist and first fallen human from Undertale.

I've got a hunch that, if it's not 1:1 remakes and new stages, then there'll be more new stages. And of course the remade stages are still going to be different levels; we've only seen GHZ Act 1, which Taxman says is the least extreme, and it's already more Emerald Hill with Green Hill design than it is just Green Hill Act 1 pasted into another game.

Yeah, Green Hill act 1 is combined with act 2 and maybe 3. And has lots of new geography under it and floating over it.

Nights is gender-neutral/goes by the gender of the dreamer.

i've been playing those same levels for a decade, i know them by memory, there is absolutely no fun for me to play them again in a new game, old levels should be DLC only and the main game new levels only.

I dont want old levels to take half of the game, the only way i would go with it is if they re-arranged everything in the old leves so playing them would be a new experience but green hill hints they are gonna be exactly the same

>green hill hints they are gonna be exactly the same

when was the last time you played Sonic 1

Are you not seeing all the new routes. It's not going to be the same green hill zone act 1 where you're going to beat under 30 secs. With all these physics, mechanics, and level design changes it'll play different. And they confirmed the rest will be more drastically changed.

i dont get your point, how is this different from sonic1 ?

>artist's pixiv is still hidden

Guys I never ever played Nights or even watched a playthrough on youtube, should i buy it from psn store? is it worth it?

>is it worth it?
yes.

You won't find a comfier game with comfy music.

Are you being stupid on purpose and ignoring all that footage showing how different it is.

the only thing i see here is that they added a giant ring but that doesnt change the whole level

Dont get me wrong, i dont mean to disbelieve you, if you have a webm or video that shows differences better plz feel free to post it

what about literally all of this I really need to make webms showing all the major diffrences

>Also I would like to ask what Sonic game I should stream tonight. Sky is clear and I *MIGHT* be able to make it thru.

Sonic spinball best version

well that is something, i agree, but yeah if you could make more webms showing all the major differences that would be something great

Actually never mind about making the webms just watch this gameplay video. That file limit wouldn't fit it all. youtube.com/watch?v=u1nQxH3kugg

anyone else want longer levels like in sonic CD ?

i'd rather not have levels like CD at all

No.

Some guy mapped out Studiopolis on paper based from the footage he gathered, it look pretty large vertically and horizontally

Never played much of CD what's wrong with the levels.

so you guys want a whole game made of levels you can go through in 2mins or so? ok, have fun beating the game in less than half an hour

did he post it here ?

Outside of Metallic Madness 2, the levels aren't that long.

I will.

>Never played much of CD what's wrong with the levels.
levels were bigger and longer as it was intended to go with a more exploration based gameplay (you were supposed to find and destroy badnik teleporter machines and hologram projectors on each act to get the good ending), people didnt like that apparently

CD's levels are either too blocky, (See Wacky Workbench and Metallic Madness) Too Gimmicky, (See Collision Chaos and Wacky Workbench) A clusterfuck, (See Collision Chaos, Wacky Workbench, Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness) and too maze-like (Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness)
I adore Palmtree Panic, Tidal Tempest, Quartz Quadrant and parts of Stardust Speedway, but the levels were tedious to play through, and I find that most of the love towards CD over 1, 2 and 3&K are mostly from people who either grew up playing CD on PC or Gems Collection, or people who have not played any of the other 2D games.

>waiting a whole year to play for 28mins, at best

FOUR

HOURS

>too blocky
>Too Gimmicky
>A clusterfuck
> too maze-like

larger levels means levels that are larger, just that, it doesnt mean they'll be exactly as sonic CD

I'm incredibly patient and Mania comes out in Spring. I also suck at going fast so it'll probably take me a whole day to beat, which is a good length for a classic game.

if every act is 2/3 min long i doubt the whole game will last 4 hours

No he posted it on a forum, I can post it here if you want to see it but I would have to edit it together.

>a game's quality is based on its length

A TWENTY-EIGHT MINUTE GAME FOR 29.99?!

i would like to see it, if you cant edit it just link us to the forum

>jumping between orbs
>homing attack the life support
>get shot mid-air
This is the hardest fight in the game not because of difficulty, but because of how broken the game is

never said that, but it's been 11 years since sega made a classic 2d sonic game, i've been waiting 11 years, i dont want te game to be too short

Ok, I'll try to edit it first. So it reads better. And I'll link the source.

>29.99?!
was the price announced already?

I'm just making a joke based off a somewhat popular youtuber

sorry i meant to say, it's been 11 years since 06

I loath almost everything in this game
But somehow I'm still having fun

if shadow is supposed to be the ultimate life form...then how come that giant lizzard thing was the prototype? it looks nothing like the final product

you might want to check your math

Something something Lost World mural

ALRIGHT, HERE WE GO

i know i know, it's still 2016, its been 10 years since 06, but it'll be 11 years by the time mania comes out

>Love, Tails

D'awww

Classic Sonic games were always short though. They're meant to be replayed, not have a super-long first playthrough. SEGA still did everything in an arcade mindset back then.

never played lost world, it this the mural ?
thats not biolizzard but perfect chaos from adventure 1 btw

>it's been 5 years since last good sonic game

i would be happy if mania would take as much as s3&k to beat
yes i know thats two games combined

which one would that be?

Actually it's been 18 years since the last good sonic game