Why is it that some people have daily drivers worth more than the car they spend all their time and money on?

Why is it that some people have daily drivers worth more than the car they spend all their time and money on?

Are these people retarded?

no u

Because having a sweet tidy late model v8 daily and a classic project car is the most awesome shit out

Because people who tinker get true satisfaction from their exploits regardless of the price.

But I mean it's like

1983 sr20 gemini goes in the garage

2016 corolla goes outside who gives a fuck...

These are the same retards that spend more money modifying cars than what they are worth..

Wheels worth more than the car and all that shit.

>what is personal attachment/worth

By that logic you shouldn't call people who waste their money on hondas ricer fags...

gg

What?
That logic gives a simple explanation for why people do such modifications, it's not a guide on what to call people..

>I am literally autistic: the thread

Yes

It could be more money going to the fun car

Does a project car necessarily have to be more expensive than your daily?
My neighbor drives a brand new S class Benz and his wife has a Volvo XC90, yet the guys summer cruiser and project car is a lime green 126 Fiat

Wheels are probably worth more than the car.

would you dd something irreplaceable ?

>retards that spend more money modifying cars than what they are worth

you're the one that's fucking dumb here, it's common sense logic

>start with a used car
>save tens of thousands
>you now have money to tune the piss out of it and buy a round of shots for everyone at the bar
>daily a POS corolla you don't care about so you can just drop it off at the dealership for free maintenance while you spend your time and energy on the car you actually like

don't you have a homeowner's association president to fellate you fucking homo

Reliability factor.

also protip, people who actually have money to build cars probably grew up admiring a particular model, and by the time they're in their 20s their favorite cars are 5 or 10 years old and can be had cheaply

is someone stupid for tinkering with a car that requires little up front cost and for which parts can be cheaply and quickly sourced from scrap yards?

don't post on Veeky Forums ever again, I mean it

>Classic, interesting, user friendly car is in a space that makes it comfortable to work on
>Modern planned obsolescent pile of plastic sits outside

Whats hard do understand?

Why do you care so much about what other people do with their time and money? They have no obligation to explain their reasoning. Its something you either get, or don't. If you don't then you aren't an enthusiast.

Well OP you are going to want to use the car that is least likely to break down to get you to work and home on time every day and then the beater is what you fuck around with and have

FUN
U
N

People who own interesting cars and keep them in the garage all the time are fucking retarded. What is the point of owning a fun car if you never use it?

But with all that money you could have bought a BMW or something that comes faster from the factory.

Just go back to Forza.

Rekt kek

Are you retarded?
Did you know if you buy a civic and spend NSX money, it'll be faster than an NSX?

Why wouldn't the car you drive every day be nicer than your side project?

Are YOU retarded OP? That was a rhetorical question, of course you're retarded

>go to car enthusiast board
>the place where people discuss modding cars to increase performance/ enhance their driving experience
>hurr durr why don't you guise just spend all dat money on a brand new stock car from the stealership
>reaction.jpg

i swear it's like some people are too retarded to know the difference between being an enthusiast and being a wagecuck with a credit line

Well, I'm not fucking poor, so I will make my 550 a month payment on my daily while I dump money into my off road toy. When the daily is paid off, I'll start dumping money into it.

>making payments
>not poor

Guess how many

U fukkin w0t, m8?

You can take an old fox body, put 5k into it, and have a car that will run 11s which puts it in the same category as the fucking Hellcat.

You can buy a Miata and put 4k into it and beat a Z/28 around a track.

You're fucking retarded.

How do you make a fox run elevens

What, are you fucking dense? Stroke, cam, and nitrous. Throw some sticky rubber on and you're gold.

This is why you're poor. You don't understand that financing at a low rate and investing the rest of your money is almost always better than just paying upfront for a depreciating asset.

I don't really understand your logic. The idea of having a nice comfortable daily and a cheaper project car is the norm for most people, unless they try to daily a racecar. (read: don't do this)

I daily a 2012 MazdaSpeed3, but I also tinker with my 2000 Impreza 2.5RS coupe.

Could I do a big turbo build on my mazdaspeed3 and make 400+whp? Sure... but then i wouldn't have a nice daily, that's what my project car is for.

>investing
Let me know what you're return is fampai because my house is at 4% and my portfolio barely makes that. Meanwhile I own all my vehicles. I only finance at 0%

Do please tell how you're making 9%

Because building things is fun?

Hobbies cost money user.

this. Because my 11k DD actually fucking runs and my project car hasn't even gone through a set of tires in 4 years of ownership