/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #54

Last Thread: Whoa Moma Edititon

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

I guess we were all busy with the new score attack and let the last thread die? Boo.

Pretty much what happened to me. Too focused on minmaxing this score. Can't resist the call of yokaifus

I like how new score is basically just puni's without the buster bosses. I've got a good placement right now, lets hope I can keep it though

I guessing the people who went through the trouble of getting the Glacial Clip via a rare drop from Auntie Heart are kinda peeved. I'm glad I gave up on that when I did.

I'm hoping Pandanoko and the Gemnyans end up bosses at some point. Maybe even event Yokai some people missed out on.

I imagine that the noko line could end up somewhere in the score board, with Pandanoko being for top 25 and Bloominoko/noko for everything else

>Pandanoko being for top 25

If they pull something like that I'd need to stop being so shit. Right now I'm just satisfied getting a Blizzaria.

I don't think the gemnyans or pandanoko would be bosses since they're perk exclusive.
They'll most likely go in a certain tribe order with different S rank yokai. I can see them doing Eterna, Goldenyan, Venoct, Kyubi, and Cruncha for different yokai each week

considering that #1 is literally millions ahead of everyone else I don't think it's just being shit at score attack

>possible chance to get ultra gay butterfly as a reward
Please Level-5, I need this

>tfw you're not good enough to get Blizzaria from the new score attack

I wonder if the west will like the kaimas too

>she will forever be overshadowed by fukai

I hope end up liking her. Her design is super cute.

Good luck, user.

Nope. Not this time.

Bump.

>You will never have a yokai friend
it hurts

I want to pinch his cheeks.

Post more Yokai with pinchable cheeks.

>There will never be a segment in the anime about Otonabull and Manjimutt going on wacky adventures

Why live?

>you will never be a kid again
>you will go on mysterious adventures with yokai that normal humans can't see
>you will never pet a yokai
>you will never fall in love with one
just fuck my shit up famipam

>she
wait is it confirmed that Yakkai is a girl?

>when he sees your dick

>"I told you, I don't HAVE a medal, Jerry-san."

should i evolve my noko?

Yes.

A yakkai's gender is a yakkai
:^)

If seen a couple of people refer to Yakkai as a she but I'm not sure myself. I just think it'd be cool if Fukai wasn't the only girl

stranger danger user, stranger danger

Reminder for who the best burger snek is.

obligatory Komasan

Praise Noko.

Is Pandanoko easier to get in 2?

I'm pretty sure you still have to get him via Streetpass.

FUCK!

At least he'll be tradeable, but get ready to sacrifice your brain for him.

Boop

When Wibwob updates, it really fucking updates. So much new.

It's such bullshit how fever time doesnt pause the timer anymore, that was like the whole key to my success in the last version.

Anyone found use in the timer balls in score attack? I think a 10+ size might not be worth the time...

Does the game tell you what the new items do anywhere?

in YW1? Just open your inventory and look at the description. There are some Babblong scattered around Springdale that help explain some items as well.
I think Bananose explains how books works, but that isn't until you're like half-way in the game.

No, Wibwob.

That's my only problem with the new Score Attack, but even then it's a pretty big one. Shit sucks.

Tap them once

Open your menu and select item. Choose an item to read its description.

Note that food can only be used to feed enemy yokai in wibwobble, not heal.

In score attack.

Oh. They're used automatically. You'll have to tap on the item before starting score attack to read their description. If they're lit up they're active. Tap again to turn it off.

I did tap and all it did was reduce my money.

Yes. That reduction stays if you start score attack, but you'll get back your money if you turn the button off or go back to main screen without starting score attack

Does anyone yet know how much a difference it makes using type effectiveness?

Like would it be worth it to train up some Slipperies?

Seems like it made a hug difference for me. I say go for it.

Praise be to Noko

I'll give it a try, at least Venoct has a decently high soultimate from the crank a kais.

Is it even possible to beat Blizzaria? Or are these bosses just going to be super high health damage dealers?

those type of bosses cannot be defeated. They're just damage sponges that give you points. Just focus on maxing out the score as much as you can

is serious better than stiff?

Yeah, that's the one you want them all to be.

but does it decay? it says i used serious life before but some yo-kai in my party are stiff

Far as i know it's permanent but the books dont raise youkai all the way to serious, it only increases it by one rank i believe.

early game -kai don't really need books as much since they usually start as stiff and are more resistant to that change. A serious life works better on B+ ranks that get carefree/loafer as attitude, which allows the jump to be more significant.

do befriended yo-kai have their stats altered based on their current level and attitude?

i mean when you befriend them

they all have the same attitude when you first befriend them. Stats differ because of some IV system going on in that game as well. To an extent, it can be modified via reset or by fusing a yokai (apparently bonus stats for fusionkai rather than befriending an evolved one), but honestly I wouldn't bother with it for the first game.

user, be more realistic with that number, only the top 5 will get just 1 pandanoko

Why do you hurt me like this.

If injecting in YW2 is easy like YW1 I would do Pandanokos giveaways.

Bump

Bump

Any word on that guy who said they were subbing the second movie?

Wasnt there a gif of this scene?

I bet Tomnyan's name in the dub will be Jiblondnyan.

depends if he gets mascot immunity like USApyon

USApyon's been even more confirmed, btw. He kept that name in the Final Fantasy event when other Yo-kai had localized names.

When you get a Yo-kai minion or weapon, the game plays the respective tribe's Dream watch summon melody without the lyrics, it sounds really cool.

According to WibWob, all of the new missions that came with the update are Event missions. Do we know when/if they expire?

Possibly August 30th

>tfw Blizzaria event is only lasting a few days
So does this mean we're going back to normal score attack afterwards or do we get a new kai to hunt?

I'm guessing we'll get new ones lasting at least until the end of the login stamp date.

Well Venoct is ready to try and take down the icy menace but i'm debating whether or not i'll use Shadow Venoct, since i think i'd need to level up his soultimate in order for him to make a big difference compared to my high level warrior tribes.

I'll never understand why Japan is so obsessed with putting those wafer cookie tubes on all their desserts.

Good luck

At last, the trio finally meet together.

>ywn be forced to take responsibility for Inaho's wet books

I'm so glad we're getting more Inaho skits mixed into Keita skits.

>tfw this is probably the first time Keita brought a human girl into his room

I wonder how his mom feels about this.

>"Who is he trying to fool, he's never moaning a girl's name in the bathroom"

is sprinting faster than the bike?

It has a faster startup speed than the bike, but they're both equal, at least until 2 when you can sprint with the bike on.

She probably just hopes his room was clean.

Just crawled into the 2nd lowest possible tier to get Blizzara. New Score Attack is fucking nuts, but I did manage to beat my all time score.

How you guys holding up?

I dont think i'm doing as well as i was with the old score attack thanks to the change in fever time, but i still managed to get in first. I'm just glad it doesnt go by the highest score in general.

>"Why doesn't he ever call me back?"