What is the European LS equivalent? Doesn't have to be a V8, just an accessible way to make good power

What is the European LS equivalent? Doesn't have to be a V8, just an accessible way to make good power.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1W4mP7tucA
ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XJ8-X308-3-2-V8-AJ-V8-ENGINE-good-runner/252401269495?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=35391&meid=5e17cc60b0c44643808da55f77523253&pid=100009&rk=6&rkt=10&sd=322113131176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Leaving out shit like >Imported LS.

Most //M BMW engines.
Rover V8 (It's a V8, but you shouldn't do this)
literally anything Cosworth/Lotus

I mean, that's just three off the top of my head, there's a lot of tuning companies here, so there are usually some good 2nd hand engines floating around you can cannibalise.

But I'm British, so it could be different elsewhere.

putting in the biggest engine available for your model by butchering them or buying a set from someone who butchered a totaled car for you.

basically //M or AMG
VR6 or R32/R36 for vag

crate engines are an american thing
here in yuropoor they basically don't exist

mostly bigger bmw engines, turbo volvos and generally the biggest turbo engine that fits in your car

the Fiat T-Jet

But the problem is that the volume (not displacement) of those engines is too large to be a practical option for many builds. The LS is just so compact by comparison to just about anything in its class

C20XE
VAG 20vt

jaguar ajv8
bmw s62

Cosworth YB
They drop them in anything.

N54

BMW 6cyls

why is it so hard to find european crate motors?

m52/s52 and the vr6/ABA 16v.

anything else is too niche

>any of these
>even 1/10th of the after market availability of the GM LS V8

fucking kek

>people think BMW straight sixes are comparable to GM V8's

>3.0l vs 6.0l

fuck off europoors. you'd have to be delusional to think they're even comparable

I don't think that's the point of the thread

Sorry we have more than 3 car companies on the market and they don't sell the same outtated engines for 30 years. We are just poor yuropoors.

>LS equivalent
>m52

I can go to a junkyard and pull a 5.3l or even 6.0l vortec truck engine that makes 400+ hp with a cam and exhaust. probably like $600 FOR EVERYTHING

>implying the straight six from an M3 is comparable to an iron block truck motor that can be found in every late model GM pickup in north America

even my actual LS1 (aluminum block) is only worth around $2500 for a complete harness/engine. it makes 325 hp N/A stock

I think they're talking about aftermarket and not raw power.

Just a cheap euro engine with a large aftermarket that makes it cheap and easy to make power.

>outdated

>gm LS V8
>not industry leading automotive design
>not the best thing since rubber tires

stay salted euro wounds

>implying a straight six bmw or niche european turbo 4 has the after market support of a GM V8

eurofags think V8's are only found in unobtainable luxury vehicles

we have 300 HP N/A work vehicles in every working class laborers driveway.

a chevy pickup truck has more aftermarket support than any euro fag luxury car

Yeah they're really pushing rocker arm industry forward.

>muh pushrods
>implying you know anything about engine design or building engines

kill yourself

literally the only argument i've ever heard from some euro or jap fanboy is "HURR DURR AMERICAN, HURR DURR PUSHRODS"

is there anything else?

>people think OHC is more modern than OHV

kek

>VR6

KEK

You mean an Alfa Romeo V6 busso

C20NE
reliable, easy to maintain and it will cost you 50€ and an afternoon

buy a Judd v8, they get dropped into hillclimb cars all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1W4mP7tucA

Engine swaps are very hard/expensive to register

In the UK the tax goes against the car not the engine, you could lob a v8 into a hatch/family car registered as a 4cyl and not pay a penny above what it was first registered with.

>the only argument i've ever heard
You must be new here then. How about
>Muh power to displacement ratio
>Muh being outruned by yuro or jap six cylinder engined cars
>Muh crossplane can't rev

Its not a thing here really, people just cannabalise engines from crashed/scrapped cars.

ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XJ8-X308-3-2-V8-AJ-V8-ENGINE-good-runner/252401269495?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=35391&meid=5e17cc60b0c44643808da55f77523253&pid=100009&rk=6&rkt=10&sd=322113131176

Opel's 2.0L DOHC I4
VW's 1.8L Turbo (pic related)
Rover's V8 engine (which was originally a Buick engine and is actually related to the 3800 V6, however loosely.)
BMW's I6 engines.

>Implying I was implying that

>an accessible way to make good power

Turbo/sc, at least in Scandinavia.

holy fuck the americans in here are fucking retarded and can't read

that would be illegal.

what are you, some kind of faggot?

Actually you are wrong. If 10k can build 600hp LS then speaking from experience a bmw M30 3.4L with 10k of upgrades and turbo supporting mods can easily push out 600hp. There is an e28 m30 running 907hp on youtube. Almost half capacity of an LS and more power.

Best euro power plant for a quarter the price of an LS is an m30, e28 e34 e32 has them. Ive got an e34 535i

>If 10k can build 600hp LS

you can build one for cheaper than 10k

So basically none then huh

another tread that goes into the trash

Can all the amerifags calm the fuck down!

Any engine can be made as powerful or more powerful than an LS motor.

It just depends on your budget and because most of you americans are poor rednecks that like the roar of a v8 but dont have any real money to take it to its potential you just rave about the LS because HURR DURR CHEAP...

Everything comes down to how much money you want to spend and what you want the power for.

This thread is filled with poor euros (respect for cheap power solutions) and redneck hillbillys (no respect for being boring and original)

For 10K, I can literally build a 1,500HP LS.

The 3800 proves it's greatness again

>the triggered LS americuck just getting angry for no reason

holy fucking kek