/ C L A S S I C C A R G E N E R A L/ - ccg

/ C L A S S I C C A R G E N E R A L/ - ccg

CORDOBA edition

Classic car discussion
Post classic car pictures
Blogpost about classics and trucks
>Cordoba is best

A classic car is an older automobile. The common theme is of an older car with enough historical interest to be collectable and worth preserving or restoring rather than scrapping. No Civics allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2ct8am4y2E
vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/5612897366.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5594602137.html
brandnewmusclecar.com/models.html
prescott.craigslist.org/cto/5570508754.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5613056401.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karosserie_Baur
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am, haven't seen a reply yet.

My reply:
I'm confident it'd make it to New Jersey; I'd advise some new tires, though, as they're getting a little worn. I've driven it clean across Texas with no problem.

As for registration, you could always mail me the plates back after you get home.

Feel free to text me as well; my phone number is in the ad; the email may have gotten caught in the spam filter.

So I bought this offenhauser tri-carb intake for my old chevy 235. I noticed when I bought it from the swap meet it's supposed to have two holes in the bottom for the optional water jacket in the intake to keep it from getting too cold and letting the gas condense inside it. Today I finally started cleaning off what I thought was epoxy covering the holes to find out that it has a minty smell and crumbled like old gum. Underneath the gum are two nickels plugging the holes. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

>early for i smell like gasoline
Lawnmowers are easy af to work on

Lol.
Made me laugh man.
At least it wasn't some crappy stick weld or epoxy job, should be easy to clean up.

>almighty page 10 bump

i finally got the floor done, and half the seats in. just need to bleed the brakes and then i should have this driving. everything else vital looks to be in working order

this turned out waaaaaaaaaaay better than i thought it was

#frijoles

This song was the first thing that came to mind:
youtube.com/watch?v=r2ct8am4y2E

does /ccg/ like Oldsmobile?

before 1987, yes. nothing after is worth a damn.

aww yeah

Of course we do

I almost bought one of those. Wish I had. I love the speedometer and the dash in general.

you can find them in ok condition for a decent amount of money.

I'm really happy I got to start a CCG thread.

bumpage

Gordoba a shit

This mean as fuck '69 Toronado has been on CL in the Vancouver area for a while now, the guy needs it sold by the 15th and he has dropped the price to $1000. Allegedly only has a pooched starter, was his daily driver in 2015. I would be all over this if I wasn't saving up for an Apache.

vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/5612897366.html

Big block FWD? I don't even. Why?

What is it with convertible owners leaving the rear quarter windows up all the time?

You can't roll down steel bars m8

>18 ft barge
>couldn't even engineer some space into the quarter panel to retract a slice of pizza sized window
AMERICANS

he's full of shit, most of these cars do allow the windows to fold down into the panel, same as in a pillarless hardtop

What's the name and year of this car?

you should buy the fuck out of that, for the 455 at the very least

>FWD big block that doesn't run
>'new front drums'
>fresh-looking puddle of wat

I can't tell if 1k to tow it away is possibly a deal or not

so I've got a few hours and a garage full of tools with a 59 Edsel 4 door ranger. Hasn't ran in years. Only things I've done were pull valve covers off driver side along with spark plugs. plugs had a bit of oil on threads, and there was a small birt of sludge but mostly just dark old oil in there. Interior electronics and lights all work.

What else should I do ? thinking about pulling the carb and seeing if there's a rebuild kit.

To be fair from his description it doesn't sound like an engine issue. Ideally whoever buys the beast will just slap a new starter on it and ride off into the sunset. Drums all around suck for sure but a buddy and I just did a disc brake conversion on his '72 Comet and it was extremely easy, so 4 way drums will never keep me from buying something I like. As for the puddles, yeah.... fuck.

At the end of the day there's no way in hell I'm buying it, even if I can afford it right now and I do think it's killer. I'm waiting for a decent Apache or El Camino to pop up, the longer I wait the more money I'll have saved when it pops up and the more prepared I'll be to daily drive something with worse fuel mileage than my '87 TBI Chevy truck.

How long is "years"?
Is there gas in the gas tank?

Well boys it probably happening. I finally found something cool for sale that's actually near me. It's a 1957 Dodge Coronet in okay shape. It is owned by an older gentleman named Alan. Alan, unfortunately is getting too old to be able to take care of his multiple cars and is selling them off. He is slowly dying from emphysema, and is alone all time. I feel really bad for him and am gladly going to want to take this off his hands. His son was the one that actually told me about it and also told me that apparently he is asking $7,500. To me that's a little high for this, considering that just across the water in Connecticut there is an absolute mint condition '59 Savoy for 8k. Alan though, as old as he is does seem to be pretty negotiable. So I'm gonna see if I can talk him down somewhat.

Fuck I cannot wait till you get that Apache

It's a 3rd Gen Oldsmobile Cutlass '68-72

My girlfriend was taking most of the pictures so she didn't get underneath or inside sadly. But the frame doesn't seem too bad, and all the rust is pretty minimal in my opinion. The fuel gauge is broken and the driver back door is a bit iffy. Other than that there was nothing I noticed with this other than the fact that it could use a tune up.

That's a $5,500.00 car at most. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying more than that.

That's a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S I used to own. Oldsmobile Rocket 350.

Good call, that looks pretty rough, even for a thousand bucks.

That's pretty much how I feel, especially knowing this is only a short ferry ride away.

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5594602137.html

I'm gonna offer him 5k and go no higher than 5.5. I just really hope I don't end up walking away from this because his boomerness gets to the best of him.

Fuck it feels bad, here in NZ that be 20-30k ish.

Fuck that thing's in nice shape

I think it's in incredible shape for 8k. But if I can get this Dodge for 3k less, than I will.

Anyway, went to a car show today will dump some pics that are worth seeing.

fired my last broker, hired a real transportation company today.
>soon my baby, I will slide inside you soon

sexy. slammed cad is best cad.

bumpin

I disagree. The best Cadillac is one with a pillow-soft ride via air bags so that you can have the slammed look without losing that Cadillac comfort.

Wire wheels are one of the only acceptable deviations from factory hubcaps.

I agree. That being said some good smoothies look good as well.

As long as there's a meaty sidewall to the tire, then, yes.

I like the ones that have a crest in the center; like pic related.

Nigger wheels and boomer gauges are the fastest way to ruin a car.

Can't wait to start working on mine. Love those Riv's.

Yeah, I hope the work goes well for you

>Nigger wheels and boomer gauges are the fastest way to ruin a car.

This. Hate when you put 21 inch wheels on a classic.

I got into it with a boomer at a car show awhile back; he said that my Excalibur was a piece of trash and didn't belong, yet he had a """""""1932 Ford"""""""" with a Chevy 350 and nothing original on it whatsoever. My spare tires are older than his entire car...

Ultimately, I told him that my car was as much a 1928 Mercedes as his car was a 1932 Ford.

What's the verdict on classic car replicas? That is, old cars made new from scratch.

brandnewmusclecar.com/models.html

I'd rather buy the shell itself for a drag or autocross build, otherwise it's just a waste and you'd be better off buying the real thing.

It's for Boomers who drive their cars into the sidewalk after car shows I'd guess. Don't wanna wreck an original.

>eleanor
>not a 71 Mach1
this site is garbage and made for garbage people.

That's not from preference, I just pulled the first decent looking pic I found, don't even like the GTO
>Don't wanna wreck an original

Precisely why I'd get a replica

I would rather a '71 roadrunner or a '70 olds cutlass, maybe even a '70 challenger.

Found a really nice Cordoba on CarDomain.

(1/3)

>1967
>not 1965 GTO
it's the same fanbase that thinks 1969 Charger or Mustang are the best muscle cars

(2/3)

(3/3)

See

You fucking tell that dickhead!

I just can't believe how disrespectful someone could be to say that about your car. Any car that is old enough (or looks it) I think belongs at a car show.

I fucking love all years of the Cordoba

Cordoba is best.

That guy must've been fucking shitfaced or actually legitimately retarded.

They're always working on making more models, and they take custom orders, for other classics and for concepts that've never been made before.

I decided to take Route 66 across Arizona and New Mexico until I hit Texas.

What were you up to outside of Texas?

Buying that Imperial and driving it back home.

Oh shit, I haven't been paying too much attention in the past few days to /ccg/. Can ya link which one you are buying if the ad is still up?

prescott.craigslist.org/cto/5570508754.html

Sweet, that's a damn nice price. How's it handling the trip home?

The interior is rough, the kickdown linkage is screwed up; moot since I'm putting an Edelbrock carburetor on when I get home, the AC is inoperable, the starter is weak and will be replaced, and the window motors need to be replaced.

Overall, though, it's what I was expecting. There's plenty of power left in the motor, despite it having 90k miles, and the steering is tighter than expected; probably done at 60k miles.

The drum brakes work surprisingly well, too.

I'll be completely rebuilding it over the next few years.

You need a new voltage regulator if your ammeter is working correctly. Either that or the alternator is dying.

That's awesome to hear man. Do you plan on keeping the drums or would you do a disc conversion?

Going to a classic car stealership. Will take pics.

It's got to be the voltage regulator; the car was dead this morning. I'm having it towed to the nearest parts store and I'll swap out the regulator and the battery.

I may convert to discs if I put a posi rear end in, but I'll be sticking with the drums as long as they're adequate.

I figured it would stop running before you got home. On the plus side, they are only like $15

Pretty much a classic now. Picking one up in good condition for when they become rare in 15 years. This is almost 20 years old if you can believe that.

Me, too; though, I expected that before I bought the car and gave myself an extra day to get it home. After all, what cross-country trip is complete without a minor setback?

I've also decided that I'm going to redo the interior in black leather with houndstooth cloth centers in the seats and a matching headliner.

jnih

Just came across this today. I had no idea these were even a thing.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5613056401.html

>tfw my father has a fully restored 60s lincoln continental in the garage
>tfw bad father-son relationship so i will never sit inside
>secretly hope mommy will give it to me when he dies

>convertable
>all window frames still rigid
why do?

neat/dumb gimmick probably

literal aftermarket conversion.
but i mean, if you're ripping the roof off, hoe much more effort is it to fix the fucking B pillars?

that's not a convertible actually, there's a specific word for that type of cars but i forgot it

Legal reasons.
Baur.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karosserie_Baur
Well, you are not wrong but not entirely right as well.

Aftermarket conversions of coupe-only models.

Germany's most successful companies in this regard is called Baur, they even collaborated with manufacturers on some official models like the Opel Kadett C Aero.

Also if the door has a window frame in the first place it'll look just as stupid, if the door is frameless getting a convertible conversion tight is nearly impossible. Easier to just cut up the roof.

>C123
SOON

Already browsing the ads.

Whatever you do, get the 280 version at least. 2.3 isn't bad but bigger engine has pretty much same fuel economy but does everything better.
US market? How are diesel alternatives? Still available in reasonable prices?

Day was pretty good, stealership experience was excellent even though I treated it like a museum visit. Got some nice Schnitzel in my favorite part of Germany and went Twingo spotting in Belgium. Didn't buy anything today but got offered a trade in. That puts a Chrysler NewPort and a 300 into my budget. (pic related)

Might have to send them an email or something..

Nigger

I've heard different things about the 280CE, from what I know it makes several liters or MPG difference to the 230CE. Also decently preserved 230CEs are far easier to come across than 280CEs in my budget range. So right now looking for a 230CE just feels like a better choice than looking for a 280CE. Maybe I'll get a 280CE a couple years down the road or swap the engine from a ruined sedan 280E.

Diesel coupes are next to none existent here in Germany because they were only sold in the US, and the odd import is asking ridiculous prices. And I'm not interested in a sedan or wagon.

As with most classics the prices range anywhere from monthly wage for a complete shitbucket to annual wage for a mint example. The attraction of the 123 isn't its price, it's its widespread availability.

Spotted like 5 Twingos.

Oh, is that the one big fucking classic car dealer on the Dutch German border?