Is a slightly used or new 2016 elantra a good choice for a normie's first car compared to the alternatives?

Is a slightly used or new 2016 elantra a good choice for a normie's first car compared to the alternatives?

No. Buy a civic for 3-4k

The competitors are ALL better. Even the American cars it competed with (Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, Dodge Dart.

All these great cars in the class and you choose the one built by people who eat dogs.

>The competitors are ALL better.
This. Even its sister car, the Kia Forte is a better choice.

can you please spoonfeed me a few convincing reasons why? My mom is on her way to pick one up for my 16 yo sister and talking to her is like talking to a tree.

Hyundai and Kia are repeatedly unreliable in owner surveys. The only thing worse would be getting a CVT Nissan Sentra.

All the competitors, bar possible the Nissan will be infinitely more reliable. They're all more fun to drive.

Ask your mom if she remembers back in the 90's and 2000's when Hyundais and Koreans were cheaper than their competitors because they were terrible cars. Nothing's changed except they hired a guy from Audi to style all their cars. Same shit, better looking.

>"they've changed"
They're STILL unreliable.

The best cars in class are the Ford Focus, Mazda 3, Honda Civic, and if feature content means a lot to you for the money, the Chevy Cruze.

It's like buying the Vizio or Seiki over the Samsung or LG or Sony.

>gm

thanks for the info

shut the fuck up

cruze hatch looks almost long enough to be a wagon

Well, the people who made it eat dogs, so there's that.

Hyundais in general are shit

This isn't just my opinion either; Do a slight amount of Hyundai satisfaction research if you don't believe me.

Fuck the new ones they are fucked
06-10 are reliable as all fuck, parts are cheap as fuck, and they are one of the safest cars you'll ever drive.i've crashed two 07 & 08 at well over 100 mph and i walked away without a scratch.

By far one of my favorite cars ever.

For your sister? Are you going to be driving it too?

nope. main reason she's interested is bc the warranty is long

Hyundai fuck no

>Hyundai and Kia are repeatedly unreliable in owner surveys

Source? They're well ahead of American/European cars based on JD power.

>first car
>2016
Why? You should be getting an older, cheaper car as your first.

Id rather die than drive a hyundai

being above dodge, fiat, and jeep isn't impressive. they're consistently bottom-tier.

>if feature content means anything

No, it doesnt, FUCK OFF SHILL

>1.8L econobox
>mine is more fun to drive than yours

The delusion is real.

That's exactly what they use to sucker in clueless normies.
That warranty's long, and you're going to fucking need it.

>Even the American cars it competed with (Chevy Cruze,... Dodge Dart.

I'd also take an Elantra over a Coralla any day.

You sound like someone who's never driven one, the newer ones are better than an Elaborate in everyway

*Elantra

Buy a Civic and shut the fuck up

The new Cruze is a 1.4L Turbo only. And it's an all new engine family unrelated to the previous engine.

No reason to choose the Elantra over pic. related.

There is no source. They're not at the top of the top but they're not terrible either. user just has a hate boner for Hyundai/Kia.

>1.4L Turbo
Ok, but...
>Chevy
>GM
If you're gonna hate on a brand for reliability you should probably at least talk about companies that score *above* it in reliability charts.

>Ask your mom if she remembers back in the 90's and 2000's when Hyundais and Koreans were cheaper than their competitors because they were terrible cars.

99' Lantra here still going strong

The only things broken are the driver side inner door handle and the top plastic thing that holds the driver window in place

If it's your mom buying for your sister, you're fucked if you think you can change her mind. Only way she'd change her mind is if the fucking car literally fell apart right in front of her. Yes the elantra is a pos but fat chance that happening.