I was wondering what everyone's opinions are with noisy mufflers

hate the noise, can't wait until cars go electric.

these so called "car-lovers" love their car so much that they want to change them.

couple of my friends "mod" their car. riding in their car gave me headache from the constant thumping bass that resonate in my head.

even some high-end or super cars, i think they shouldn't modified that. most of the time when you modified the car through a third party company; the car just looses its sophistication and turns into childish and tasteless abomination.

have been to several tribunals re the neighbours "p" Plated Brat & his hooney mates, I live in a small complex ( set of 5) which is a one car driveway all the way around to our villa and his mothers one. We are built up both sides of the fences, the noise vibrates the fences

Nothing like sitting at the lights in a nice twilight zone, and then a noisy car/bike goes straight past the window shocks you back into reality.

Proper enthusiasts who mod their cars for power don't go for excessive noise. It's not necessary & only serves to alert the po po that you have something non standard under the hood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1G8dwHdpSPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>stop liking what i don't like

whats more funny is how their noisy car usually runs really slow even at max throttle, and the quiet no-noise one overtake them effortlessly.

ultimate embarrassment? no?

why would you want to draw attention to yourself in a shitty car?

Unfortunately most people with loud exhausts have them on shit 4cyls, e.g. preludes, lancers, etc, so it sounds bad. Listen to a worked v8 with a stainless exhaust. Sounds epic

Pointlessly annoying on most cars (does nothing for them) and a safety feature on motorcycles.

I've seen first hand the MASSIVE difference between a quiet bike and a noisy bike. It's fantastic to have motorists actually know you're there from the sound (because they rarely bother to look).

Hurry up and die already you old fuck

oh... oh... lol, are you serious? what a logic? do you know how selfish that sounds? so if i were to turn my stereo full blast in the middle of the night, no one should report me and just meant cover their ear?

It has to be a nice note, not just loud for the sake of loud

i admit i'm not the foremost expert on modifying cars. but i do like cars. factory-made one that is.

If people are so concerned with a powerful machine why don't they save up and buy an uprated version of some late model vehicle that produces the goods quietly instead of pouring money into some clapped out old pile of crap who's only claim to fame is that the Exhaust makes more noise than the Whine coming from the Differential and the Piston Slap / Bearing knock coming from the other end.

Noise does not indicate power, just poor vehicle engineering or a psych trying to cover up for some other personal embrassment.

Electronics in cars is the way of the future and if all the Noisy hoons had any intelligence they would start to educate themselves about the Engine management systems and electronics in general.

There is nothing wrong with a modified vehicle that has been done properly but the vast majority of the Commodore / Statesman / Calais brigade are nothing more than clapped out noisy wrecks that the owners have reached the limit of their Technical ability in being able to service or improve on.

Learn some fucking grammar/punctuation. I suggest not living in a shit area with a bunch of teenagers.

People say that just putting a cannon onto a 4 cyl is ridiculous and plain stupid, but to me, it has given a new opportunity to my car.

My car used to vibrate very violently when it was on idle but since a new cannon has been put on, it's now rarely doing it; and now the gear changes are so smooth that I bearly feel the 2nd gear change whereas before it felt like I was driving a manual car (It's an auto).

A manual is as smooth as the driver makes it. My manual Integra is smoother on any shift than my old auto e36

pretty much this.

I'm not going to straight pipe my car just to make it loud. I'd rather have a quiet stock sound for a while and save up for a full quality system. Also I'm not going to put an exhaust on an auto commuter 4cyl that isn't going to be a performance vehicle (fwd corolla, civic, accord, camry etc)

Calais is a commodore trim faggot.

it's too early for this Alphonse.

STOP SHITTING ON FWD

Do you not have anyone who rides a cruiser motorcycle over there? Harleys?

Shit, they're loud idling in traffic, and at stop signs the riders have to constantly Brap Brap Brap, lest you forget they exist for a few seconds.

why do you type. like a complete retard...

>Fag. n.
>1. An extremely annoying person most commonly associated with Harley riders
>2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or often rides a Harley

Brumbrumbrupbrumbrup.

Love noisy cars and motorcycles that aren't total shitboxes. I hate when people put a 6" fart can on shitboxes and drive around in 2nd gear, sounds fucking awful. I love, however, hearing a nice deep rumble on a V8 muscle car and the 'potato potato' of a Harley, or a high revving sports car or sport bike ripping through gears and screaming like a banshee. Give's me chills hearing those beautiful sounds.

I saw a black guy in a Crown Vic last week that had a low rumble coming off from a stop. Sounded really nice and it wasn't too loud.

How can a 2 L pinto engine sound so good? youtu.be/1G8dwHdpSPI

You probably have shitty taste in music.

hey op, where do you live? i want to sit next to your house and let my v8 mustang talk to you for a bit. she has a lot to say, and her "modified" stainless exhaust will definitely get the message across to you.

stay mad

Heres your your

> i think they shouldn't modified that. most of the time when you modified the car through a third party company

it's abundantly clear that you're not from an english-speaking white country so why do you think anyone here gives a shit about your gay opinion

used to think it was cool until Tesla made a 5000 lb silent electric family luxury sedan that can accelerate much more quickly than almost every loud "sports car" on the road.

not unless you can beat me on the mountain pass

no items
fox only
final destination