Can anyone explain why VAG insists on these disgusting dress covers

can anyone explain why VAG insists on these disgusting dress covers

Normies like engine covers, that way they don't have to feel intimidated by a complicated looking machine when they look at it.

My question is why do people that know nothing about cars look in the first place, what is it they expect to see

because they make it more aesthetically appealing for normies

atleast vag and audi pieces pop off easily.

lexus is even worse

Oh god wtf man.

>how many bonnets do you want on your car senpai

Why single out VAG? Pretty much every company uses these dumb plastic covers nowadays. The GT350 is one of the very few cars made today that does not have one.

>we want the Apple audience

this makes me feel sick

like actually sick it looks like a bunch of worms infested he car

should have covered that hideous thing up

>the Apple audience
Sorry. Can't open the hood.

I have this car. The battery terminals are such a pain in the ass to get to I just leave these covers off most of the time.

You're retarded

Like people have said, it's so if your average shit stick opens the hood he sees a nice, cleaned up view of the engine that makes things look all simple and neat....

Instead of having a "holy fucking shit, what the fuck is all that expensive looking crap!?" reaction

That's because they knew it was going to break down all the timeso they thought "what's the point?"

clean your engine bay you cuck

But isnt expensive crap what one wants to see when opening the hood of an expensive car?

He's not wrong, summerfag.

>why do people that know nothing about cars look in the first place

It's a selling point for the dealership. The normies are usually kinda impressed by clean simplistic engine bays in the same way they like the design of Mac computers.

M272?

>holy fucking shit, what the fuck is all that expensive looking crap!?

you'd wish
more like "holy fucking shit, what the fuck is this mess?"

Not really. My experience in selling, even with luxury car customers, is that if they open the hood and see a giant mess of cables and engine guts, you almost always get some line like "Geez, sure looks like a lot of stuff that could go wrong/break"

Car makers want to make it look all tidy and safe, that way people don't have an oppertunity to think about the scads of electronics that could go wrong

Yup, SLK 350

> Not installing your own cover

>Yup, SLK 350
Nice.

I have an E550 with the M273.

To sell cars

>Pop open the hood
>There's a far more obnoxious, segmented hood underneath

>neuspeed
more like nu-male you stupid cuck

>Installing a cover
Get a load of this cuck.

>we want the Apple audience
If you need the battery or tires replaced, it must be done at the dealership.

i've never worked on a mercedes V6, but why does it have a fucking heatsink sticking out?

heatsink for the ECU, it sits on the top of the engine for easy access

>ECU has heat sink to stay cool
>puts ECU on top of motor

Reminds me of today when I looked at a Craigslist Jetta. I brought a flathead to take the cover off and check the timing belt and the dude asked if I was a mechanic. Made me chuckle.
>im not