Browing the Smart Fortwo website

>browing the Smart Fortwo website
>see this

Why shouldnt i buy one?
I can pay it off in under a year and it would be fun to own a tiny as fuck car compared to my truck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKSPxQjPOm0
m.tagesspiegel.de/verkehr/smart-twingo-und-co-im-crashtest-die-kleinsten-haben-das-nachsehen/7127834.html?utm_referrer=
youtu.be/F_kuV7f8024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why shouldnt i buy one?
You like staying alive

youtube.com/watch?v=sKSPxQjPOm0

Because there are bigger cars that get the same mpg.

Because RWD and turbo are not what make fun cars

Look at the chassis , the ratios.
You'd have more fun in a third generation Prelude

i don't love smart cars but what exactly is at issue here?

that's a 45 mph crash with a fairly normal sized car, and it was fatal for the dummy in the smart car.

I already have a small 34 year old RWD car that weighs as much as the Smart Car

its not economical, requires premium only gas

That does not look comfy.

Damn, you would think a tiny 900cc car would do better than 35mpg combined. Especially considering it is turbocharged and a 2016+ MY.

>backing the biggest failure in automotive history
nah

i'm dumb and missed the part where there was a video

i also ride motorcycles so safety isn't that high on my radar but i looked into and passed on the smart car because of handling and power

i'd rather have a bigger car, or a bike

That is not the current generation, look at this m.tagesspiegel.de/verkehr/smart-twingo-und-co-im-crashtest-die-kleinsten-haben-das-nachsehen/7127834.html?utm_referrer=

youtu.be/F_kuV7f8024

get a 2016 with a manual

Well my 1.8 wagon does that MPG while being driven hard and I could fit a smart car in the back if I chopped the roof off.

It's literally as practical as a motorcycle without the fastness.

>video stopped before it shows the smart car getting thrown half way across the room

They are devastatingly unsafe cars in America. Getting hit by ANYTHING of any size is going to result in a very quick death. A full size truck hitting a smart could throw it across an entire highway

No to mention the fact that neither the IIHS or the NHTSA

not enough crumple zone.

>No to mention the fact that neither the IIHS or the NHTSA
shit, cut off my own post

Meant to say neither agencies has tested the new generation Smart, so real world crash test figures don't exist yet

>smart car weighs almost as much as my commodore
Top keke

But it's probably not as small or taller than it is wide

Aren't these MR? If so RIP OP if he wants to engine swap it or tune

>dfw the literal gayest car in existence is still faster than my shitbox

Euro NCAP gave the 2014 4 out of 5 stars the same as the Chevy Spark (but with better occupant safety ratings and much worse pedestrian scores than the Chevy), by comparison the Jeep Compass got 2 out of 4 and the Tesla S has almost identical Adult occupant scores and significantly worst child occupant scores but wins out considerably on pedestrian safety.

Fuck yeah straya cunt

But really, why do they weigh so much?

The car has a range just short of 300 miles per tank! Fucking garbage