/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/ - Currently /ded/

someone forgot algodoo again edition

previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
>youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com / machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Algodoo:
>algodoo.com/

OP Pastebin for new deds :pastebin.com/4YU2GFPj

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/485900/
youtube.com/watch?v=sKc_gE_pE0o
twitter.com/SeargeDP/status/767051512770166784
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31146
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for /egg/torio server.

2st for WARBROS #1

>Is there a hidden loss in this?

4th for just make an OP pastebin already.

Does anyone not retarded know how to use etherpad?

>While it's impossible that one could hear that
That's -literally- how CLANG came to be. You could hear what someone hundreds of km away was doing.

Anytime someone used a weld ship, the glorious ring of engineering could be heard throughout the void.

Do you guys use CFAN? If so, what makes you prefer this tool over manual control of your files?

.13 has an ingame mod manager m8.

>e^m=c2

errytime

HIGH SPEED MISSILE DODGE

Reminder.

yeah i find it really stupid, shells don't suddenly experience massive speed loss after a certain range
IT EVEN HAPPENS IN SPACE

want to talk about science?

oh what the fuck

source?

The path of splitness, the most autistic book you have ever seen. It's basically 2500 pages of this.

The madman did it for free as well.

Fucking hell. I'm stuck between being horrified and giggling uncontrollably.

dafuq did I just read??

It's kind of like scientology, but with undead that mind control humans.

Jesus christ what the fuck

>Undead jews are killed by gas

kek

this is templeOS all over again

TempleOS is actually functional.

dude it has no memory protection whatsoever.

Looks like the cause is a very large drag coefficient, kinda like a ball of paper

I thought that's a good thing in an OS
>Windows cvcks needing delete confirmation dialogs

You obviously have no fucking clue of what memory protection is, or of operating system design in general.
Read yourself some Tanenbaum.

How the hell do i build a balanced hull?!?

with blocks

:^)

Next time don't give us so many details

No need, put some jet engines inside the ship pointing upwards at the front, back, left and right side and use a PID to keep the ship still

>the guy bullshitting solar panels, eolics, and anything that was "left" (??)
>the guy that supported him calling power distribution "Energitic networks"
Jesus christ /nms/ should go to

Ok then, now with less detail.

This is what i have so far. I know you need to have a low CoM to balance it, but my boat keeps tipping back and forwards which makes it dive a bit and then launch out of the water.

My guess is that you're using big propellers, so you'll need hydrofoils to counteract it, move the props so they are aligned with the center of mass, or use smaller props

I have solved that by using hydrofoils and a LUA script (or if your case isn't horrible you can get away with a PID).

>physician

Daily reminder that solar panels are a leftist social construct.

I was using 6 small props but i changed it to a single big and added these side thingies and it pretty much fixed it. I'll try some hydrofoils to make it a bit more stable

Why can't I control this drone?

It has an antenna, an RC block, and a camera, yet it's not in the ship menu and when I manually access it's control panel the Control button is greyed out

It's in my faction and I'm broadcasting, so why isn't it working?

That's classic unity engine games. Note how many of them it feels like you're flying / driving through soup.

Do you own all the blocks?

I missed the antenna, thanks

store.steampowered.com/app/485900/

looks fucking gay.

>store.steampowered.com/app/485900/
I'll probably download the extended demo like i did with Spengies and FtD before

>fixing computers for random old guys
No thanks, I already waste enough of my life doing this.

I'm trying to do the whole jet engine stabilizing thing in my boat, but it seem too heavy for even 10 propellers or 10 jets, it's always "output saturated". What do?

I already have hydrofoils to stabilize it generally when moving fast, but it still bobs a bit, and it bobs a LOT (pitch+roll) when standing still or going slowly.

Would this be better resolved by trying to move the center mass closer to the water than with stabilizing gimmicks?

That bobbing when standing still is caused because the vehicle is too small, and it can't be cancelled unless you turn off the waves

Fuck. How big is big enough to counter it?

I have L:26,W:17,H:12, I could make the two hulls bigger I guess, but not a lot because it will look like shit.

Btw I noticed a really weird phenomenon, when I set the boat to go straight, and don't touch the side propellers at all, it goes in a circle. What the fuck.

Can I somehow undo in the FtD vehicle designer if I remove a block which causes half of my vehicle to separate and despawn?

"Engineer"
>Puts together expensive lego

Seems a bit like a bad gearhead garage with no charm. Prob not good. Nice to see a kinda original concept+theme combo though.

check if you built it sideways or put down the control sideways.

nope, save frequently and retrofit to older versions
And no, i don't do it either

It depends on the size of the part near the water surface, post a pic, maybe'll see something

Factorio

What do I do if I want to play multiplayer with my friends and I don't know how to portforward. Why didn't they have steam invites?

pic unrelated

Why would you put that block of wood on a rope?

>What do I do if I want to play multiplayer with my friends and I don't know how to portforward
Google how to forward a port and fucking do it.
>Why didn't they have steam invites?
Fuck steam.

Why are you so bad at computers?

I'd love to have a small piece of juniper to wear like that around my neck. I like it's smell.

You make a public game and play.

It's probably a piece of fatwood, which is wood soaked up with sap. That stuff burns like crazy and thus makes very good tinder when you carve it into shavings.
They put it on a rope so you can fix it to your firelighting kit (fatwood burns so easily it's not even a problem if it's wet), and just grap it and shave a bit off when you need to start a fire.

>check if you built it sideways or put down the control sideways.
Wait what, how do I check that?

Im playing space enginners for the fist time, i am doing ship building tutorial at the moment

i believe the tutorial is outdated, because it says me to press G and click on the option "new small ship" but this option simply doesnt exist

now im trying to build the ship mannualy, but i don't understand how to build like this guy here

youtube.com/watch?v=sKc_gE_pE0o

i just cant "stick" the blueprints in place, for some reason i can build the landing gear in the air, i just can't change directions like this guy, when i press delete/pagedown it doesn't go straight to a direction

idk what i am doing wrong

>idk what i am doing wrong
>I'm playing space engineers

I haven't played SE in ages but I would recommend to turn on the GUI that lists all the letter commands at all times until you can remember them all.

Are you in creative mode?

Yea, the new building system. you will have to wait untill they redo de tutorials.

Its not that hard actually, with ctrl + mouse wheel you can put the landing gear closer to you. and you will be able to place it

There is a giant fucking arrow in each block that points to the front of the vehicle.

Hey guys, how do you connect to the /egg/ Empyrion serb? I don't see it on the list.

>a video from january
A lot of this changed fast.
I believe B has something to do with building and rotation snapping.
If you can't find a new ship button, enter the G menu and look for a tool with a small ship icon, then put it on your toolbar.
Try all the rotation buttons: insert, delete, home, end, PgUp and PgDwn.
Ctrl+wheel changes the distance of the block.

Oh, yeah, it's built ok. I had an issue with some stuff in the hull not being perfectly symmetrical under water but it was like 2-3 blocks, didn't realize that could cause such a huge effect.

The jews be coming for the autism factories.
Get the zyklon.

the serb is called Andromeda Rising

you need to enable EAC in options > misc and restart the game

if you sort the multiplayer list before it's done refreshing it'll pause, so give it a minute to complete

>keen wastes months creating tutorials
>then goes and changes everything
Never disappoints.

Dear beloved Factorio community, I must warn you of a terrible evil that's creeping in your midst. We've received word that "the circlejerk" from the Minecraft community has begun working with Factorio. It's unclear what stage of infection you're now at.

STAGE 1: People will arrive who want to begin monetizing mods through services like Adfly.

STAGE 2: Modders will begin strictly controlling who can distribute their mods so ensure the profits.

STAGE 3: Someone will want to combine several mods that they didn't make into a "modpack" and put their name on it. This will make modders angry because they don't get any money, and drama will consume your community.

STAGE 4: Some modpack organizations will grow in power, eventually becoming legitimate companies through sponsorships with hosting and gaming companies. Modpack companies will profit off the backs of free mods. They'll influence which mods you play, ensuring the circlejerk modders are the most popular.

STAGE 5: Curse will arrive, promising great things for your community. They'll buy your wikis and your forums. They'll offer to host your mods and modpacks, promising Curse points. The biggest modpack company will merge with them, giving you no choice.

STAGE 6: Total circlejerk control. Centralized mods, control over what's popular, clone after clone from modders who want free money, modpack after modpack of people profiting from your work.

I've always wanted to go full /baph/ on those fuckers for what they've done to minecraft.

What is /baph/?
Where you got that from?

Very high level circlejerkers, two who work directly for Mojang and one who works for Curse, released a Factorio modpack.

That happens in every community for anything, it's just capitalism.

I mean it's not even just in communities, that's literally the process of capitalism - get the people to do the work for you, then consolidate and take it over so that you can reap the profit, that's how countries are taken over, how public services are taken over, farms and agriculture, privatization in "transition" countries, public spaces such as squares, streets, etc, music/record labels, magazines, social media, the world...

It's all about getting in power so you can legislate and enforce taking over the commons from the people, privatizing it, and repackaging and reselling it back to them through your own channels at a massive markup. In better days you'd call it stealing, but in better days there was still an idea of the commons, the common good, the people, etc.

why get a modpack when the mod portal is so easy to use? Who cares

/baphomet/ is 2^3chan's raiding board I guess.
It was comfy until on of the BOs got killed by FBI-san in a plainclothes raid when he went for his killswitch.
It's gone downhill from there.
I know nothing about being the ebin hacker known a 4chinz, but it was comfy as hell.
I miss them.

Source on jews jewing twitter.com/SeargeDP/status/767051512770166784

Never underestimate how lazy and stupid people are. Minecraft is literally drag and drop modding but modpacks are still crazy popular. There's huge money in Minecraft modpacks.

just release your mods under a non-commercial license.
Problem solved.

>It was comfy until on of the BOs got killed by FBI-san in a plainclothes raid when he went for his killswitch.
W-what?

It's not though. People were doing this with Minecraft mods and modpack groups thrived. Then the saviors came in, a group called FTB, promising to work with modders and make sure their rights are respected.

The man who owns FTB literally sold them out to Curse and used clone mods in his modpacks to avoid licenses.

Last year vince, one of the board volunteers, who took over because the actual BO was on the run in china or something, was involved in hacking patreon.
He was setup by some chucklefuck whose brother was in prison.
FBI-san raided his house in a plainclothes raid, and of course he reached for his killswitch, and when he did so, they shit him.

fake and gay

link the modpack

did they seriously put it behind ad.fly?

You can't simply say that and don't provide evidence. Siriusly I'm curious.

pls no

no, they didn't. user is full of shit.

so link it

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31146

I think he meant that if people like them show up, modders aren't going to be doing it for passion, they're going to start wanting money.
Then adfly starts.
Then curse comes in.
The jewery starts.
Then modders are all entitled cunts who make mods to pander to casual shitters,

I guess, but that's still some time away.
We can always make our own mods, here, in our very own circlejerk of anonymity and animeposting.

>Tags: Free, ModPack, Searge
>Tags: Free

ahh it begins

pack your bags people

I suppose the fact that factorio modding is lua based, and the fact that the game now has an inbuilt mod portal should stop them somewhat.