Retard here. Question

Retard here. Question.

I have an 08 equinox. Decoding the vin from GM's vin info, it should be AWD. But physically it looks FWD. Had a buddy look at it and he claims there is no way its AWD. Using vin decoder sites, 90% say AWD, a couple say FWD.

How likely is it that my car has had the vin swapped? I'm just curious as when I bought it from the dealer (a ford dealer), it was advertised/priced as AWD.

Other urls found in this thread:

service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/vincard08 06-01-09 r1.1.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the VIN should be in about a half-million places on the car. check the other body panels, under the hood and trunk.

If you start seeing these missing or torn then you have a problem.

also you should just log into a GM site and punch in the VIN and find a parts list, it should be out there.

the vin on the windshield and in the drivers door all look original, driver side being faded as hell but i can make it out.

service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/vincard08 06-01-09 r1.1.pdf

this is what i used to figure out my vin

2CNDL23F386******, L2 meaning AWD.

I know this isn't really the kind of topic that would interest most of you. It just bothers me, and I want to find an answer, and maybe it bothers some of you as well haha

have you actually bothered to look under the car to see if its AWD or not?

Me personally? No, but I would have no idea what I'm looking at. I had my mechanically inclined friend crawl under and he said "There's no fucking way this thing is all wheel drive". Something about the rear wheels not being connected to the drive train? Hell if I know

In the rear you should see a differential with drive shafts going to each wheel hub

It's already pitch black outside, and I take my friends word that, for my car to have rear wheel drive it would need pieces on it that it just doesn't have.

I'm mainly asking if it's possible that even though my VIN is for an AWD vehicle according to GM, is it possible that it's just not? Has anyone experience this before?

You don't have a fucking flashlight? Do you have a decent smartphone from anytime past fucking 2011? Take your lazy ass out there and check, nigger

>differential with drive shafts
????

Yes I can go out and look, but I have no clue what I am actually looking at. I am the pathetic son that none of you hoped to raise that knows jack shit about cars.

That's why he wants you to go take a picture you ding dong.

nigger no one said anything about a picture. I assumed from the smartphone thing he meant a flashlight app. Yeah I can take a picture

Fair enough. I felt like the picture part was implied but I can see how it couldn't be.

Anyway yeah go take a picture under the car and we can tell you

Ok, here's a picture of the entire rear suspension and subframe removed from a GM AWD crossover.

Everything I scribbled on in orange would be simply not installed in an FWD model. There would just be empty space instead. Other changes would be present as well, but that's the most obvious.

If that shit's gone, you don't have AWD. If the VIN says you do, either the vin has been swapped, or someone has done serious modifications for questionable reasons. Just about the only legitmate reason I can think of that someone would remove the AWD running gear, is in a scenario where say the transmission blew up, and the owner had good used running gear from a FWD parts car.

Probably the most clear/well angled picture. This is the rear driver side. I don't see any of this extra shit.

rear differential?
>if no = FWD
>If yes = AWD

Nice angle retard, holy shit learn to take better pics

glove box
RPO code
look at them

ok so the picture rotated itself and it looks like ass. I flipped it. The right side is the inside of the driver side rear tire.

How about taking a picture of the whole rear end ant not just a hub?

ok so it didn't fucking rotate then. The pic is upside down, the top of the pic being the ground. If everyone stops reaplying I understand lmfao

How about right in between the wheels pointing straight up?

If the thread is still here tomorrow, I'll post a pic from behind the car instead of this retard angle. I've got to wake up in 5 hours and I've got no clue what I'm doing.

Okay, thanks.

>reaplying

Fucking summerfag

I couldn't decide which one is better. I can't type fuck u

I have returned with non-UFO quality pictures.

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

Wow fucking useless

Just look for the fucking drive axles in the rear holy shit

I'm having a chuckle at this retard trying to figure out if his car is all wheel drive oh my god. Those pictures are useless