I'm thinking about using plasti dip on my rims and I was wonder what you guys experiences if any using it

I'm thinking about using plasti dip on my rims and I was wonder what you guys experiences if any using it.

I'd like to have it a charcoals gun metal color

>>my car

Isn't it like $5 and an afternoon? And if you don't like it you just peel it off? Just do it.

I did it on my Miata a while ago, turner out good.

Nah, it's a bitch to peel off wheels. It's really hard to take care of, it never looks as good as the first application, you need a can for each wheel

It's a lancer no one will care

Can't complain with a steal haven't had any problems with it yet but it's for sure not my first choice

I just haven't ever seen it in person don't know how good it looks

I know 2 people who plastidipped their rims and peeled em off half a year later because they were peeling off no matter how careful they were.

Plus it made their cars look even worse.

Dont be a poorfaggot for fucks sake, just go buy some aftermarket wheels.

I mean for the price it wouldn't kill me to do it ever few months it's not too expensive

If they were pealing it's because they had shit prep work not because the product was bad

I would do at least 4 base and then a couple gloss after as well as taking the tire off and cleaning well

Clean the wheel with alcohol, wash it well

Just do it OP. Buy a can per wheel. The more you use, the easier it is to peel off. If it gives you trouble when removing, buy a bottle of Goo Gone, and spray it on your wheels before pressure washing off. The stuff literally melts plastidip. I did it to my wheels for a few months because I was bored.

And after removal. If you clean the wheels well before applying, they look great after removal

>non Evo Lancer

>I race everywhere I go
>I DD a rally set up
>I red line out of first at every stoplight
Time to grow up

I like your car

Thanks. I just ordered new stock grills and a badge. Someone took a flathead to the badge and stole it a few weeks back.

might as well buy a camry if you don't like driving faggot

This is my car though desu

keep it stock you faggot. dipped wheels look like shit 99% of the time.

The trick is spraying them with tire foam after it cures. Makes them look glossy without having to clear coat and have it chip during removal.

Hes obviously underage or a poorfag who wants to fit in with the neo ricer crowd

A lot of guys plastidip their wheels before deciding to buy a specific color or have their stock ones powder coated.

Don't. Even if you do it perfectly on the first day, it will look like shit after a few years and be a bitch to remove.

Those wheels look just fine in silver.

see
the guy is right. just use goo gone and a pressure washer. comes off like butter

Try it and see if you like it op. I did it and it looks fine after 2 years and several track days. It won't hurt your wheels and if you put enough on it's easy to remove and won't hurt your finish. Like the other user said, buy 1 can per wheel. if you ever get tears or rips in it just spray over the spot and it blends fine.

What color?

In my experience your better off with a powder coat. It's a bit more sheckles but it's worth it in the finish quality.

I plasti dipped my car once... What a waste of money.

For the money, it's great for the short term though. Like 24 bucks total, can be easily removed, is self leveling, can be done in 2 hours, easily touched up, and you can switch colors up for track days or just when you get bored of a color. I have a track car I'm building, and I plan on doing some dumb shit color wise with plastidip just for fun.

I've had to redo mine already because the first time I put it on too thick and there was buildup which caused bubbles.

To be honest, It's a great short term fix but in the long run wheels are less of a pain in the ass, albeit more expensive.

I also drive a Rotor Glow lancer, OP. If you want, I have a lot of pics I can dump if you'd like a reference. Mine aren't done extremely well, however.

One thing I love about plastidip is not having to mask your tires. Any over spray just peels off. Makes application a breeze. Just throw some tape on the valve stem and spray. If you're leaving the wheels on the car, just throw trash bags around the brakes and tape off lugs

This is very true. I know some people that don't even tape their lugs because they prefer everything black. Personally think leaving the lugs looks a lot better.

When I did mine I just sprayed the fuck out of the tire, waited for it to start peeling after driving a bit, then took all the excess off. Simple as hell.

Do it in 4 different colors