>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

first for I'm a mechanic now because I replaced a screw in my topbox that keeps the lid from falling backwards when opening it

threadly reminder that honda a shit

I'm worried that you think a car brake assembly is a top box.

don't fall for the "semi auto", "you can still shift manually" idiots
you're relinquishing control of your transmission to a computer
>plus, since you want to go Touring, should your battery die, you're screwed

no it ain't
the ecu is in control, even traditional torque converter autos have a "lock" gear

am i also mechanic now?

>His top box doesn't open at least 110 degrees
M8

>>plus, since you want to go Touring, should your battery die, you're screwed

Isn't that true of all EFI bikes with electric fuel pumps?

biweekly reminder that you need to maintain your riding boots

I dunno did you replace any screws?

holy shit that plate

absolutely not
any normal bike can run with no battery, but DCTs need current to engage their clutches
>they can't be bumpstarted
also they're heavier than their manual counterpart

we mechanic now

boot maintenance you say?

Yeah mine are a year and a half old, looking very tatty now, don't have a spare £100 at the moment for new ones though, and then if I get cheap ones they will probably last just as long again.

I'd love to get some proper Sidi boots, at the moment I just have some Richa touring boots which are comfy but look shit and are no longer waterproof.

>any normal bike can run with no battery, but DCTs need current to engage their clutches
What's powering the fuel pump? A lot of modern ECUs won't trigger ignition without some voltage read from the battery and if the battery (or wiring loom) is damaged in such a way that it's shorting out then you're just going to cook your alternator.

Excellent work. Can I ask why you did not put zip ties around the nose to compensate for the limited grip provided by the electrical tape?

>
>absolutely not
An EFI bike can't be run on less than 12v, bump start or not. You need 12v to get fuel to the injectors and to power the ecu.

>not having a crock pot in your top box

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm also struggling to think of scenarios where your battery would suddenly die in the middle of nowhere but the bike would be left otherwise unharmed. I've only seen one accident where battery acid ended up on the road and the entire motorcycle was torn asunder.

im doing a complete engine rebuild
just like the professionals do

all it takes is for the alternator to not be working at full regime
my shitbike would beg to differ

how many bong till fp1

dude its like 2 weeks till the race who cares about practice

first for honda not a shit!

What progress have you made rebuilding the exc? Surely it's close to finished its been a couple weeks.

nice grom

Doing the fork seals on the 600 today, will post sexypics of lewd bike

fastest grom in the west

the new battery got here today.. still waiting on the new top and bottom end to get here, have the engine sitting in bits waiting for the parts to go in

too slow like every honda

sorry for your loss

I'm actually looking forward to when my 300exc needs a rebuild. I find it so enjoyable and calming.
I envy that you get to do both top and bottom ends.

Probably the easiest engine rebuild you will ever do, takes maybe an hour to get the engine out of the bike and another hour to strip it completely, if you only have to do the top end you don't even need to take the engine out of the frame

also post your 300

I've rebuilt YZ/KX250s before. I'd imagine they're similar.

Old pic but it hasn't changed.

Rode my brother's the other day. Definitely a great DD, but the speed did not impress.

yeah its just always nice working on a ktm everything is easy to get to.
i don't ever remember seeing that on here, looks like a 2010, how long have you had it?

> walk past Mercedes dealer every time I go to work
> every time there's a red and a blue SL 550 that makes my dick hard
> look up prices
> they literally cost as much as a house
NOPE
I'm sticking to bikes, tyvm

-he says posting the worst, slowest, heaviest, worst value and most outdated 1000cc naked on the market.

I've had it for probably ~6 months also posted it on /dat/ and /dbt/ multiple times.

Traded my yz250 in for it with cash adjustment. It's a bit rough around the edges in some places like a few dints in the rims and expansion chamber dings.
But mechanically it's perfect.

I need to find some better indicators for it though I keep kicking them off every time I get on and off the bike.

But since I got pic related it hasn't seen much use. At least I can wrench on it in my spare time.

I rode a Honda today
it was OK.

did the Honda like it two?

>some fag pulls up next to me in his dad's camaro or mustang thinking its a fast car
>window down looking at me obviously wants to race
>leave him behind to look at my back
>eventually pulls up at next light completely avoiding eye contact and window up

is there any better feeling?

>but the speed did not impress.
fair enough, what are you comparing it to?

I think so and I hope so.

Fair enough, im a bit the opposite, i left all my dirt bikes in bits for 3 years after i bought my road bike and now since putting the 300 back together i don't want to ride on the road anymore.

And about the indicators, there aren't any good ones.
I run rec rego mainly because mirrors and indicators come off nearly every ride, im guessing no rec rego in your state?

I'm confused. Is the GSX meant to be more desirable than the CB?

The feeling is probably better if you outrace him on a motorcycle you fucking nobike

>took my bike to the dealer to have them put on some frame sliders
>couple days later
>find a screw laying next to my rear tire
>haven't ridden bike in over a day
>look all over the bike where i can see and don't see any screws missing

>people that still think hondas are worth buying

top cuck

I need to walk all the way to the store to buy a new battery.

Help.

>minutes to refresh
>reddit being more responsive rn

Lets be honest, you didn't even post the desirable cb lets be honest.

>desirable

doesn't matter what this means, you retards here like whatever you do for inane reasons, arguing with people who think carbs are the best, think drum brakes are good, think they can outride traction control even though they've never ridden anything larger than a 250 and can't go around onramps without running into trucks is pointless.

But is the GSX better motorcycle overall? doubtless, it's 9 years newer, has better bits and weighs much less.

QLD so no. But rego is only $250/year which I can easily justify paying.

It's still the bike I can jump on with minimal gear to go down to the shops for lunch and then go terrorise a nearby park or reserve.

I'm waiting for my mate to fix his kx125 so we can head to some organised rides and state forests again.

Didn't think there'd be a replacement. Think I might have to silicone them to the fender so they stop falling off.

>jap teenager training bike

How many of you actually commute to work on your bike? My jobs about 40 mins from my house and I've always driven my car... but I bought a bike a couple months ago and wanna make the switch but i'm still kinda scared to. I've put 2k miles on the bike already so I feel pretty confident on it but damn the thought of driving it 40 mins each way during rush hour is kinda scary.

>>took my bike to the dealer to have them put on some frame sliders
> to the dealer
> put on some frame sliders
Are you literally, actually retarded?

when i had full rego on my 300 i screwed them into the tail light mount with self tapping bolts

yeah kinda, its my first bike and i've only had it a month

ima go buy some soap to wash my ass with and some chicken tendies
r8 my day

My brother's old CBR600RR.

you don't have a socket set to undo the bolts?
or some spanners maybe?

Dude it's literally replacing three screws, and you couldn't do that yourself or ask a relative / friend to help you? Please tell me how much the dealer charged you for it so I can laugh at you.

80 bucks

>awful throttle response, bumpy nonlinear torque curve, electronic nannies
You do get an 8kg lighter bike and 25HP more, but that's about it really.

The purple straps in the earlier photo are holding the licence plate holder onto the rear fender. All the bolt mounts have snapped or sheared off.

It's a dirt bike so this sort of shit just happens

his dragon dildo

>electronic nannies

ooh, sorry user. I already predicted that on the chart of /dbt/ bullshit here

>think they can outride traction control even though they've never ridden anything larger than a 250

you'll have to be more original with your retardation than that, I know your every move!

that's literally 80 more dollars than it cost to install

I haven't test ridden the new GSX but I found the suspension on the previous generation to be what could best be described as unrefined. As for the weight, the actual mass is only half the story, where it is makes a huge difference and Honda are masters at making that weight disappear.

>handleing 3/10

there is no such thing as a previous generation of gsx-s1000

well im completely new to motorcycles, like i said its my first one and i don't feel confident in taking the fairings off and screwing around with bolts and engine parts.. i'd rather just pay someone that knows what they're doing

Literally, not figuratively, literally two minutes with a 14mm socket and a ratchet...

kinda surprised i havent done that to mine with how often i flip the damned thing

> I don't feel confident in taking the fairings off
HAHAHA oh god stop please m8 I can't take it anymore.
Post this on reddit, you'll fit right in.

Can a capacitor be damaged by an almost dead battery?

I'm in favour of ABS but I have no need or desire for traction control.
Powering out of corners at the traction limit is not my riding style on the road.
Fair enough if you are looking for the fastest touge times but TC offers absolutely no benefit to me and while it isn't a big deal I'd rather have a bike without. Matter of fact, I do.

quit bullying me

nice argument

go sit
on
your
dildo

>1300
>teenage training bike
Are you that one guy's nephew?

>Powering out of corners at the traction limit is not my riding style on the road.

then why would you have any umbridge with TC?

lol you retards crack me up every time.

Come on, post that 250. I want to see it.

Quit being a power bottom. Go take your fairings off just so you know how to do it you fuckstick.

Isn't it based on the last gen GSX-R1000? It corners in a way that isn't going to fuck you but isn't comfortable either. It's not Bandit-tier but it doesn't feel like much R&D happened.

But 10/10 chicken strips

You're asking for it m80, not even I am THAT retarded and I'm quite retarded as people here can attest to.

This, traction control isn't just for squids on the track, it's for people who suddenly find that shiny patch of tarmac is slick with oil, not water.

Maybe he doesn't want the additional weight, possibility of malfunctions and cost?

>possibility of malfunctions

If you live in perpetual fear of a component on your motorcycle failing despite adequate maintenance, you should buy a bicycle, rip the chain and pedals off and kick it along.

>twice as many R's
well of course, that's like cheating

no it has the engine out of a 2005-2008 GSX-R1000 (which is great, I've ridden an 07 one, that engine is perfect) and the swingarm off a current gsx-r1000.

The frame is completely different.

If he doesn't want the weight then why would he be rejecting the bike with it in favour of a bike that weighs 13 kg more?

Don't get me wrong, buy whatever you want to buy.

I just want to show that /dbt/ has absolutely no reason to think half the shit they do.

They decided they're a honda fan 4 lyfe because they like their honda 250 and so they think it's better. It's that simple, I know it, you know it.

> maintenance
> on TC and other electronic gizmos
Have fun with that.
> perpetual fear
More like risk management. But I'm not the guy you were arguing with, just offering some possible explanations why some people might prefer to have no TC. I'm actually in favor of it.

>no it has the engine out of a 2005-2008 GSX-R1000
This bit confused me, some sources have said it's a 2005-2008 engine, which had a displacement just a hair below 999cc while others that list the displacement (and also list the 2005-2008 as just under 999cc) list it at exactly 999cc.

>implying they'd need constant maintenance
I don't think I've ever touched the TCS or ABS of a car I've owned, unless it was physically damaged (as in a wreck).

TC just uses the existing ABS sensors feeding data to the ECU. If it fails, just pull the fuse and ride the bike without TC.

Im getting a DT 125 '78 soon. Anything i should know?

Yours blew up so there's that....

again, refer to what I've said previously. These are the people who think carbs are better than EFI because they're "easy to work on" as though you'll ever touch the EFI on your bike.

Don't bother, just mock.