/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=xhEqqIg9zig
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/images/top100
vk.
youtube.com/watch?v=opoeqiQbAHE
bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=23525&sec_id=22
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

snitch decided its time to stop looking like a bandit

It was annoying me how there's only a transmutation chart for OL so I made one for vanilla AMK.

>trolled lmao

waut

It's a fake recipe.

what about the stats?

oh so the only way to obtain it is through snitch. aight

No, you buy the recipe from him for 30k and it doesn't actually work
Hence, trolled lmao.

Is there a mod like OWR for CS, a mod that just changes the textures and animations of guns but doesnt mess with the gameplay and balance too much?

Nope

hmm, i've played my fair share of AMK variations but transmutation is something i've never fucked with.

I've got an AE playthrough going, so i guess it's time to give it a shot.

well fug, guess Ill just play it vanilla then with the default first playthrough mods, tnx for the answer

Yeah it's pretty weird roman never made one
He made an LA version for cripe's sake

I really wish there were more mods with artifact transmutation.

>75% of all soc mods are AMK variants
>wish there were more
bruh

wait wut? You kidding me? He made one for the meme that LA is instead of CS? Jesus that guy should fix his priorities in life...

Boar space program?

oh
really well wtf man

thanks for the tip. can you kill the fuckin guy if you fall for the scam?

I don't think the other bar patrons would like that very much

>when you realise you're right next to a pseudogiant

Can't speak for everyone, but i don't think this guy would mind

wat mod

A remake of The Faction Wars mod for Clear Sky has been announced for CoC. Get hype.

Soon™

>>>/agdg/

Хpycтaльный Mиp

No user, tomorrow you will see.

youtube.com/watch?v=xhEqqIg9zig

So what does the mod do, anyway?

I've seen your posts about it but idk what it actually is.

It's called Crystal World, just a shitty AMK variant.

You can see it in action in TKGP's twitch profile.

yeah, i'm checking out his stream videos.

It caught my eye since there were some pretty nice guns/animations for SoC standards. I'll watch his gameplay and see for myself, i guess.

Is OWR3 incompatible with Atmosfear?

THERE'S THAT CONTROLLER SON OF A BITCH

no

Huh, they both replace some files that I thought wouldn't merge right, but it seems to work alright.

>exclude....zombied factions from leaderboard

Damn, I almost wish they'd missed that. Something amusing about pro-tier stalkers-turned zombie still keeping their rank until they finally got put down.

Also Daryl123 is apparently a brit, how about that.

what files

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/images/top100

Does Wear Your Goddamn Helmet work with CoC?

How do I disable those messages in CoC when someone spots me killing a mutant or an enemy?

Garden variety AMK variant. It's a bad mod. Not a "so bad it's good" mod or a "poor execution but interesting ideas" mod; just a bad mod.
I've put probably 15-20 hours into it and I should easily clock another 5-10 before I'm finished. Don't play it.

That is really fucking cool.

Doesn't that just change outfit third person models to generic ones with masks or gas masks?
CoC does that already since you are not playing as Degtyarev.

Try looking at the options menu.

disable dynamic news in main menu

thanks

>hey guys just to tell you I saw some military guys in the military checkpoint
>By the way, i saw a flesh in cordon be careful!!!
>I SAW A DOG IN DARK VALLEY BE CAREFUL!!!

FUCK OFF

ah, what a shame. Guess i'll be staying away from it then.

>Don't play it.

why tho

pls help

Because it is a bad mod.

Did anyone ever release a weapon pack for OGSE 0693? I recall an user saying they were working on one with STCoP some months back.

I could put up with the mission bugs for some extra content, but the gun play was absolute dog shit.

if it so bad
why are you still playing it?

really i'm not being an instigating little shit, just curious if it's even worth a playthrough.

still working on it, got about 100~+ weapons in total
from all over, owr3, stcop, stcs, some from ao, a couple from bf4

Any of you guys have this problem? For some reason when im playing clear sky or CoP, the program exits out of being an application and just remains as a process, I have no idea how to fix this.
stack trace:

0023:70E64575 d3d11.dll
0023:70E44EB1 d3d11.dll
0023:70E474F0 d3d11.dll
0023:70DF3E5A d3d11.dll
0023:6CF33311 dxgi.dll, DXGIReportAdapterConfiguration()
0023:6CF317EE dxgi.dll
0023:02E76667 xrRender_R3.dll

playing in DX10?
remove kb2670838 update, restart pc

had the same shit for a few weeks before i figured out somehow that update got snuck in there and installed.

also

Because I have an unreasonably high tolerance for bad mods and I needed something bog-standard to playtest shithud on.
It's not worth a playthrough. You can't even make it past Wild Territory without fixing your first unavoidable crash. If you tolerate it long enough to hit 15 hours ingame you start slowly dying of nicotine withdrawal and smoking doesn't do anything.
I've had to fix 7 or 8 fatal errors so far and there are plenty more I've just had to reload to hope I get past. Not to mention all the non-fatal errors like wrong arm textures, missing item icons, etc.

I'm not being coy, when I said you shouldn't play it I unironically meant you literally shouldn't play it.

thanks man, good lookin out. is it actively being worked on by whoever made it? or nah

vk.
com/christalworld

I dont have that update installed, any other ideas?

It's STCoPWP which is shortened to STCoP by everyone but one user has been trying to rename it to STWP for a few weeks, a stupid name since there are two different packs one for CS and one for CoP. Ignore them and search for STCoP.

search via the "view installed updates" section

other than that, nah no idea man.

>one user
I am the guy who said STWP and that's the first time I've posted about it. If you're playing CS get STCSWP, if you're playing CoP get STCoPWP, it's not fucking rocket science. People get confused all the time by just calling it STCoP since that's literally the name of the game.

alright im retarded, I thought that the list of installed updates went in order and i didn't have it. It was at the bottom, thanks for reminding me mate

Poor bastard was still alive before i ended his suffering

Cool, thanks, user. Having the recipe source is very useful.

cool, uninstall that shit, restart pc and give it a go. hopefully that takes care of your problem.

gl m8

Unlike the other two games, CS has some spongy gameplay. Using AO isn't a bad idea for a first run, as it fixes the gunplay and gives you better guns. The merge in the repo of AO and SRP is a good one for a first run except for how it enables pre-filled stashes. Disable that feature from SRP and you're set.

STCoP just means Stalker Call of Pripyat tho.

Where? Is it by smoq like the original? Then definitely hyped

>when you stumble upon and aggro a horde of fleshes/boars/dogs
youtube.com/watch?v=opoeqiQbAHE

There's another that did the same for a while. STCoP is what is commonly used as the shortened name for STCoPWP, like it or not. Shortening it to STWP doesn't work since both the CS and CoP versions were posted to CoC. The version that's best suited to bring called STCoCWP is called STCoP: bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all

So how about we just stick to STCoP?

Nigga no one was even talking about CoC.

Didn't say you were. Was responding to where you insert the name of the game into STWP to get the actual name of the mod: the poster from last thread was saying they couldn't find STWP in Google and you're saying they should magically transform the name of a mod they don't know anything about to find it?

I'm doing a freeplay run with DMM user edition and I can't get through Yantar without crashing. Does it have something to do with the sheer numbers of controllers and zombies that spawn there?

See discussion at the end of gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=23525&sec_id=22

SRP + alternative ballistics option + Re-animation project

get out of here stalker

It's a bug that seems to be persistent across many mods. The only solution is to not make any saves in the area.

Unless you're talking about a different sort of crash, in my experience the stability issues come from making saves/trying to load saves in that area.

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
WOOF

u wot

pfft, try protecting the Duty guy in Dark valley from a horde of dogs while you're trying to save his friend.

Yeah, the Yantar crash bug comes up in various versions of AMK as well. A couple of reports say that it's tied to a mutant or mutants in the area, that killing all of them will remove the crashes and possible save corruption.

Though AMK doesn't spawn controllers in Yantar that I've seen. Snorks, zombies, pseudodogs, psidogs everywhere, though.

LADDERDOG

forgot his sniper rifle, brb wait there pls

1.4 is shaping up to be cool on so many levels - should basically be CoC 2.0 at this point. Checking the two commit logs every day almost. So many neat things going in. Hope they take their time and get everything in they want to.

Yeah, where has this been announced? Would be super fucking cool if this isn't a troll.

alun said that there won't be a 1.4 but rather a re-release

Cool. TFW's cool weapon slot switcher needs to be ported to SoC so it can be used with whatever SoC mod that has a decent inventory.

pls no

it wants to die, user

dont die buddies

y tho

That's no Karlik

the zone drives all to despair and death, brother

that no pump a rum

Aight, name the mod please.

Alternativa
You can find an AiO gamdata merge with guide on nashathedog´s profile
I recommend getting ready for Bandits with LR 300, getting hurt when you pick up artefacts and xenomorphs

That's 1.2.1 looks like. Does 1.3 add a lot?