/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/cedM5MJv

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL tournament now made by Falafel:
challonge.com/outerhaven
September 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM PDT

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL discord now made by Chronos:
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/4chansmashleague
challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds
pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn vg is fast today

endgame stream where?

>you're sakurai's newborn son and he asks you what new character to put in his next smash bros game

what do you tell him?

nani desu ka? masaka!
gaijin oni chan senpai desuuuuuuu

I love swords!

Welcome to the new Veeky Forums Smash Tournament Series:

The Veeky Forums Smash League

The Smash League will be a new format of competition, a Round Robin Tournament in which everyone plays vs everyone in a point-system ranking.

Points will be achieved by:

Winner of the Set: 3 points
Loser of the Set by 3-2: 1 point
Loser of the Set by 3-0 or 3-1: 0 points

After finishing all the rounds, The Top 8 players with most points participate in Rustlemania a Double Elimination Tournament for the Championship. The Bottom 3 will enter the next tournament with a score of -5

NOTE: The League begins in August 22th but that doesn't mean you have to play that day, you could start playing 3 days later, for example.

You could play 1 set per day, or 5 sets in the weekend, doesn't matter. The objective is to play with anyone and get the highest number of points to pass to the next round.

The Round Robin phase ends in Sept. 5th

RULES
1. Double Elimination
2. 3 Stocks
3. 8 Minutes
4. No Items
5. Customs NOT allowed
6. Miis and Custom Miis allowed, default size only.
7. No Equipment
8. Best of 5
9. 15 days to complete the rounds

Join the new ssbg Smash league

Wii U:
challonge.com/4chansmashleague

3DS:

challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds

REMINDER:

The League would be played in the course of 15 days, you dont Need to play EVERY match in just one day, you could play one set in monday and 5 in friday, for example.

It's expected to be a 18-24 man Tournament, but if more people get in, it will be divided by pools

Let's try to Make /ssbg/ Great Again ®

> What is The Veeky Forums Smash League

The Smash League is a new Tournament series, based in a point-ranking system where the players with the most points pass to the Next round, an Elimination Tournament, for the bracket.

The Tournament is based in the Round Robin format, where players will be classified in a table and everyone will play vs everyone, just like the NFL Or La Liga (pic related)

> Ok, how do i gather points

Each player fight with another entrant in a set of Bo5 and depending of the result, is the number of points he gets :

Winning : 3 points
Losing by 3-2 : 1 point
Losing by 3-0/3-1 : 0 points

> How Many rounds will be played?

It depends with the number of players that join the league; for example, if the league gets 18 players, there will be 17 rounds + Elimination Tournament/ Playoffs

> Hey! It starts August 22th but I can't play that day/won't be home / no Internet/ Have homework to do, etc.

Don't worry, the league starts that day BUT, that doesnt mean you have to play that day, you have 15 days until the league ends so, you could play 1 set per day Or 5 per day, doesn't matter, just try to get as Many points as you can.

>When will the smash league end?

Sept. 5th

> 17 rounds? That's a lot for a day!

As I said before, you could play 1 round per day Or 5, you don't have to play all rounds in one day

> What if I lose twice? Do I get Eliminated?
No, This is a Round Robin Tournament , doesn't matter if you lose every match, you will play vs everyone in the table

> What if we get 30 entrants? That's a lot!

After the 24 entrants, the table will be divided by pools, the best 2 of each pool will pass to the Next Round

> Can I invite some friends?
Yes

Stop posting like a 10 years old
This is horrible to read

Anyone up for some dubs? Hosting in a minute.

Sure

Got 3 in the dubs room, someone join up so we can get this going dammit.

i need an invite to the secret discord

Moxy' discord?

go to twitch and find it

GGs Dubs
I got a surprise visit from family, maybe later in the night if you guys are still there.

Yea, okay, GGs buddy. One more for dubs.

You pedos can't even keep a thread up until bump limit anymore.

Let it die faggots

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL tournament now made by Falafel:
twitch tv/falafel_

Anyone else watching SoCal Colosseum #3 - ft. Westballz, S2J, Lucky, Kira, CDK, Alex19, Reno, Squid, Psychomidget, Jace, Mixx, and more!?

What stream?

ssbmtutorials

[1:24 AM] JipC: Thats all?
[1:24 AM] Gyromate ([OnO]: yeah
[1:24 AM] JipC: Wow then Chazo was the one who kicked me both times
[1:25 AM] JipC: He was bitching about DDD being bad for like 20 minutes and I said "shut up fag" and got perma banned
[1:25 AM] TothBrush: still better than me
[1:25 AM] TothBrush: man I wish I had the logs of him talking about his ability to play chess
[1:26 AM] Gyromate ([OnO]: DESU, this discord will die within a few days unless you can get the regulars in here.

I'm making a tutorial video series about some characters, does this list cover everything there is to cover about a character?

Character Analysis
Character stats

Move-set
-damage
-frame data
-move applications
-kill percents
-safe on shield?
-Pivot use

Neutral Theory
Neutral Tools
Edge-guarding
Recovery
Approaching
Retreating
Landing
Mix-ups
Movement options

Combos
Stages
Top-player analysis
Match-ups

General Tech
and Character-specific tech.

You dont need to go oo indepth on frame data

This is literally the worst place in the world to ask this. Go join a smash discord and ask actual productive and helpful smashers instead of this shithole full of autistic shitposters.

smashcords.com

bump

I think you could make a great video with even half of this material. Don't try to tackle too much; in fact I'd recommend breaking this all down into a series.

If you want any help or advice, feel free to hit me up on the /ssbg/ discords since I'm on all of them.

Can you make one about PM Pikachu?

Which videos are going to cover what? All of that is going to go into one character video?
You dont need to go over every moves frame date

Don't listen to this guy. Go to the discord for whatever character you are making a guide for.

Avoid /ssbg/ discords at all costs becuase they are all shitposting meme discords

>cant even keep your shitty threads alive anymore
just let it die, if you hate it so much

Hey, I'm here to talk about Smash Bros!

Who 1v1? I'm trying out a different style with my Lucas today.

wrong webm dont click that

TO THE NIGGER FAGGOT WHO DESGINED SMASH 4 JIGGLYPUFF

Who molested you as a child so badly that you felt the need to take out your anger and frustration on everyone who would ever play this nigger faggot shit cunt rape asshole fuck dick of a character? Tell me their fucking name so when I brake into your house I can tell you I'm them and that I've come back to rape you again, I will fucking fill your god damn ears with my feces you shit eating fucktard, you god damn bitch raping whore fucker I will burn you at the stake and make sure you live so that I cam torture you to till the end of the god damn earth.

I don't fucking care that you were molested, you deserve to have your intestines fed to you, you deserve to see everyone you love and cherish being raped to death in front of you knowing it was all you fault you ugly peice of rape.
Your parents never loved you you ugly nigger faggot shit cunt ass rape fuck dick whore bitch, you were a god damn accident and they regret having to raise you, I bet it was your father who molested you, no one else in the world could be as much of a faggot other than an autistic bastard child who was raped by his father every single night because he was never meant to be born.

I will slaughter your fucking family and force feed them to you, I will fucking burn down sora headquarters with you inside while you watch a live feed of me cursing your immortal soul to spend eternity playing through this god damn mother fucking level over and over again never to succeed.

I have played this character for 2 fucking years, that is 1000 fucking stocks, you will only wish you had a 1000 lives to live over and over again being tortured because you will have your soul raped to death for all eternity, I will god damn condemn you to a reality of undying pain and hatred where you will never die and never get used to the pain you ugly whore sucking shit fucker.

3ds?

3ds

calm down user

What happen to the character primer's in the pastebin?

Fuck off Stef

>shitposters hijacked the pastebin to include a bunch of shitposting
of course, and everyone's just fine with this sort of thing. Youre all seriously are mindless sheep.

then just make a new thread with a fixed OP instead of one cluttered with useless garbage.

I would but its just going to die late at night without the few people causing mischief to bump it, cause obviously they dont care if it doesnt fit their prerogatives

Theres no point in trying to salvage something the people dont care or want to actually maintain. Its sad when the supposed head of the "official" discord doesnt even care what happens to the thread

surī dī esu

>then just make a new thread with a fixed OP

Fuck off we don't even need a thread anymore.

Every thread is just 99% shitposting and you need to stop fucking encouraging new threads!

even this thread thers fucking 4 people watching whats going on right now, and you and I are two of them.

theyre shit

Too bad, heres a new thread without all the clutter in the OP, and without the hijacked useful pastebins.

I highly encourage anyone asking for games to move to this new thread while both are still new.If you actually care about this community, anyways.

>taking out the discord
no

>Guy attempts to help an user
>"Nah fuck that guy, he's clearly a shitposter"

You are part of the problem you claim you wish to solve

And you are fucking retarded. If you want that guy to waste him time then go ahead

Why am I retarded for trying to help someone out?

Because you're giving retarded advice to waste someone's time, moron

If I want to talk about Smash Bros without pedofiles should I goto a real tournament, eg The Big House 6?

64 netplay requires you to forward your ports or suffer additional lag to connect to servers right?

>disconnect
Internet pls

Go to smashcords.com and join an official smash discord there, friend

I tried going to the DDD discord but... -.-

Wow now I understand why the thread became so bad all of a sudden

Don't feed the troll dude. You've clearly been trying to be constructive whereas this user has been insulting you with little reason to even do so. If he's trying to make the general a better place, he's doing an absolutely horrible job.

Still no reply from videoanon though. Hopefully he comes back.

I highly encourage everyone to take all discussion to the new thread while both are still new.If you actually care about this community, anyways.

underrated post... but anyway, enough of that pedo freak, lets talk about something related to Smash Bros

There's being constructive and being a fool.

Being retarded and giving retarded advice is annoying

(You)

fuck off jpuff

I cant believe someone was stupid enough to post this. I know who you are, and now you're getting banned. GGs.

next is last for me angus, gggggs

[jabs]

>a communication error has occurred
>perpetually loading
Kek
I guess that was the last game. GGs though

o, well then

ill keep the room up for a few minutes in case you can reconnect, otherwise ggs, fun stuff

>connection error on the friend's list
See: pic related
Regardless, GGs!
I attempted spacing more than usual and toward the end it seemed successful. I'll keep working on both spacing and aggression though

custom tourney
1152 7746 5197 65
pw rage

no problem, I'll be on tomorrow and Tuesday night

i appreciate critiques on my punchlizard if you have any

Honestly I felt your punishes were optimal
The only thing that I feel like would be interesting would be baiting out a Flare Blitz

submit to Moxy

kitty stop

no

it took me the better part of a year just to get competent with the campy jab-happy playstyle i have with zard now

im trying to get better with up b/side b reads

Quit being lazy and move over to the good thread. I know you don't care, but some people do, and its better if you do something productive.

Fuck off chazo

Stop spamming Chazo, we're trying to talk about Smash over here

new pastebin
pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1

I like talking with other people at chronos' discord!

post more screenshots

its literally a public discord, just look at it

More from the huge amount of conversations on his discord. Also chronos being unoriginal in his memes and having bad FF taste

what a joke
post more.

post more screenshots from moxy's

kokonoe calm down

Why are you just posting random screenshots of totally normal conversations in a dead discord? Do you think you are exposing them or something?

I'm exposing how dead it is

I'm surprised chazo hasn't tried to make a /ssbg/ patreon page yet.

why is pame so autistic to stalk chronos 24/7?

apparently moxy's is dead as fuck too

Everyone already knew that though

Remember to move ALL discussion into the good thread. The one that doesnt have a hijacked OP and compromised pastebins.

If you care about this community and the people that use it, even just a little, you'll at least attempt to help by moving your non-exist ant discussion here. Im not asking you to do anything special or anything too hard. I also dont expect this thread to survive the dead hours of Veeky Forums, but like everything, youll never know until you give it a chance.

stop spamming