pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccxFxuwqflY
strawpoll.me/11035288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the best husbando.

Should have mentioned in the OP, the Fallout 1 & 2 pastebin's content has been added into the ">General Information, Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:" pastebin, should have renamed that too, my bad.

Next thread then, I guess.

Thanks for helping me update the pastebin, anons.
I appreciate having others input on these matters.

All good, we'll get there next thread.

Who trains their troops better, BoS or Enclave?

Sorry I should have waited for your response instead of jumping the gun as soon as we hit page 10, thanks for working on them.

As long as the next person to make the thread sees these first posts we'll be fine.
Either re-add the FO1/FO2 pastebin to the OP, or just specify that the updated pastebin has the FO1/FO2 mods as well.
I personally like the pastebin staying, only because I like the classic games having their own pastebin for things, but that's probably because I wrote it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ccxFxuwqflY

No problem, I do this for all of you wasters.
I started heavily modding NV with that pastebin, so I'd like to keep it up and running.

I'd personally like it to stay as well, mostly so that it's a direct link to FO1/2 and also because I appreciate that you took the time to make it.
As long as people know it exists, I'm happy.

Probably the Enclave, as they're far more militaristic than the BoS.
But after their decimation, I'd say the BoS purely on numbers.

>start the video thinking this is some German folk song
>like halfway through realize what it actually is

Is there anything worse than seeing a really promising mod, only to find out there's no voice acting?

Or is it worse when the voice acting is fucking awful and far too loud, so that you have to turn the voice volume down, only to have to turn it back up again to talk to normal NPCs?

>I'd personally like it to stay as well, mostly so that it's a direct link to FO1/2 and also because I appreciate that you took the time to make it.
Thanks, user. When the general wasn't a full general yet, and it was only a /v/ thread moved to Veeky Forums, I thought it was kinda of fucking stupid that we were going to have an OP with no FO1/FO2 information at all, yet the general was going to be called Classic Fallout General.
I had played FO2 just a couple weeks before that so I knew were all the mods were, and FO1 just really has Fixt, so I just threw some stuff together real quick.

Voice acting is the death of depth user

Quests in an RPG should be text-only dialogue

I agree, it would have been silly.
Sure, the modding guide does mention FO1/2, but as it turns out, the links were dead thanks again for letting me know

After all this time though, I still haven't gotten any patches or fixes for FO1/2, only played them vanilla.
Do they work fine from old install discs?

I can understand what you mean, but it's immersion breaking when everyone else in the game has a voice, but suddenly a hundred people don't.
That said, I tend to play RPGs without voices more than voiced games.
Which all happen to be on handhelds.

>thanks again for letting me know
Ah, it's no problem. Lots of sites I've seen use old, dead NMA links. For instance, the FAQ for mods on the GOG forums use them too. What the hell happened to NMA, anyways? Why did so many links/downloads get purged?

>Do they work fine from old install discs?
I use the digital GOG versions, so I really have no idea. But I'm fairly sure they would work. Almost positive.

>Why did so many links/downloads get purged?
I honestly don't know what's going on with them anymore.
They've still got old stuff up about Van Buren, but links to downloads are taken down?
It makes no sense.

>But I'm fairly sure they would work
I sure hope so.
I've considered getting the GOG versions for a while now, but after having installed them from discs for so long, it seems rude.

>start Fallout 3/NV
>no matter what I tell myself I'm going to do, end up as a power-armored hulk slinging a plasma rifle
>start BG1/2/POE
>no matter what I tell myself I'm going to do, end up as a paladin in full plate with a glowing two-hander

Fuck this

Fallout 2 run

Just have to resist the urge to book it to Navarro and I'm golden

>Or is it worse when the voice acting is fucking awful

Dornan Jr.

>It makes no sense.
I'm not sure what the hell happened over there, but it's a shame. NMA was pretty much the biggest fansite of the classic fallout games for over a decade. Meaning all the biggest and best mods were hosted there. And then, poof, all gone, all dead. Dozens of dead links all across the internet. It's sad, really.

>I've considered getting the GOG versions for a while now, but after having installed them from discs for so long, it seems rude.
I can't really think of reasons why the FO1/FO2 mods WOULDN'T work on a disc install. I'm almost 100% sure they would work, user.
Speaking of discs, where did you get discs? I fucking hate how all of my PC game collection is digital. I would love some physical copies of my favorite games.

Nothing wrong with loving power armor. It's a good thing, user

>Just have to resist the urge to book it to Navarro and I'm golden
If the urge rises, remember how frequent enclave patrol are in that area. You encounter one every half second.
Speaking of POE, how is it? I hear people shit on it all the time, but I want to play it.

So what are some good mods that are not on the pastebin?

>Dozens of dead links all across the internet. It's sad, really.
It really is.
I'll have to pop in and try and get some answers as to what happened.
It might just be that the servers died or something.

>where did you get discs?
I was given 1 as a present for my birthday when I was a youngling and bought 2 sometime after that.
As for where to get them, I saw a three-in-one disc a few years ago that included Tactics this was before GOG and Steam releases and I bought it for a friend.
Its RRP was five fucking dollars.
The majority of the cover was red and didn't need to connect to the internet for the install, so you could still find it on ebay or something.
I've also seen older copies of the games in stores that sell older games.
I had one in my city called Dungeon Crawl, but they went online delivery only a few years back, maybe try looking for one of those sites.

New Vegas is the reason I have a Steam account.

>Speaking of POE, how is it? I hear people shit on it all the time, but I want to play it.

It's Baldur's Gate that someone (possibly Avellone) rubbed Planescape Torment's veiny dick all over, but it's nowhere near as good as PT.

So basically it's Baldur's Gate except you can't fuck the beefy ex-farmer bro4life.

I never use power armour, not because I don't like it, but because I can look cool without it.

That said, no shame in using it whenever possible.
Being a walking tank is the sickest.

I'd also like to know, so that I can add anything worthwhile to it.

>I'll have to pop in and try and get some answers as to what happened.
If you ever get an answer, tell me. I'd love to know.

>I was given 1 as a present for my birthday when I was a youngling and bought 2 sometime after that.
Ahhh. Sadly I didn't get into the series until more recently. Thanks for the tips, though. I'll be on the lookout. I would love to buy those big as fuck boxes they originally came in I believe. They look fucking cool. Also,
>look up FO1 on ebay
>see this on one of the boxes
Makes me sad.

>no matter what I tell myself I'm going to do, end up as a paladin in full plate with a glowing two-hander
How is that even possible?
>Start as a wizard
>turn into paladin
The game doesn't let you do that
hell
>Start as a fighter
>turn into a paladin
Still can't do that nigga.

The infiltrators mod pack is kill, mega link down

Pointless detail but it also has oldschool guns and with some work you can make a fire squad and distractor.

>If you ever get an answer, tell me. I'd love to know.
Of course, I'll post a link to any discussion about it.

>>see this on one of the boxes
And that'd partly why I don't have the GOG or Steam version.
Bethesda gets all the money from the sale.

Does it say (DEAD) at the end of the link?

I have recently realized i have fallen into a rut where i only play one specific play style and nothing else. How do i fix this?

Folder link unavailable it says

>And that'd partly why I don't have the GOG or Steam version. Bethesda gets all the money from the sale.
Luckily for me, when I got the GOG version when it was free a few years back. Just thought, hey i might play this some day, and I didn't play it for years, but it was fucking worth it.
Also, If you have your Fallout 1 (or 2 for that matter) box nearby, I would love to see it.

I have the answer to your prayers.

There are a bunch of different runs in the "General Information, Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:" pastebin.
I'd suggest the Paranoid Patriot or the Jewish Operator.

Ah, I don't handle that pastebin.
I'll try and track down a download link, but don't hold your breath.
If it's not found on the Nexus or LL, it's going to be hard to get a hold of.

>I got the GOG version when it was free a few years back.
Fantastic, I should have grabbed it then.

>Fallout 1 (or 2 for that matter) box nearby, I would love to see it.
I'll have a look, but I may only have my extra copies laying around.
The original FO1/2 boxes may be in storage, since I haven't had to install them for a long time and I like keeping them safe.

>I'll have a look, but I may only have my extra copies laying around.
>The original FO1/2 boxes may be in storage, since I haven't had to install them for a long time and I like keeping them safe.
I understand, user. Keep your games safe.

No it's like

>I'm gonna play a wizard this time
>Wait wizards sound boring and shitty
>PALADIN TIME

roll

>Wait wizards sound boring and shitty
But fighters just stand there and swing a weapon.
Wizards have a variety of different tricks for any situation.
Nigga you what?

Wow, almost nothing changed. Fuck.

>a variety of glowing lights
>compared to hitting a goblinigga so hard he turns into chunks, repeatedly

Are wizardfags even trying?

>variety of glowing lights
nigga the game is baldur's gate not an elderscrolls game
Have you even played baldur's gate?
Your or whoever past comments are all leading to no.

Yeah mugga

Wizards in BG/ID are only there to make everyone else killier with their rad support spells

The only time a Wizard has ever done real work for me in an Infinity Engine game was in ID2 against Chahopek, where I had all of his level 6 slots filled with Disintegrate and I held that piece of shit dragon down with my beefy dudes until he failed his save and turned into a pile of dust

And in retrospect, should have just Hasted anyway

So /cfog/ whats the one new vegas weapon mod that you use every playthrough?
Or do you go vanilla?

Vanilla has the Displacer glove and Ballistic Fist so why would I ever need mods

I have the FOOK/PN convergence, so I've got plenty of weapons to choose from and, as an Energy Weapons guy, I often find myself using the Wattz 2000 for extended periods once I manage to have it drop rarely or purchase it from the Van Graffs.
Occasionally, I'll use the Wattz 1000 for my sidearm, but I also frequent the Metal Blaster for laser shotgun purposes.

I also have a soft spot for the Holorifle.

>patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a sandwich

>Metal Blaster

That thing was absurd in 3, is it the same with whatever mod adds it to NV? Might do an energy weapons run if so.

Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous.
It still shoots 9 lasers at a time, so you're pretty much guaranteed to disintegrate something, even with average Luck.

I don't know what specifically adds it, but I have the full FOOK/PN convergence in the pastebin which adds so much hence why it's in there and all you need to make it is a regular laser rifle AER9, not wattz and a laser crystal array part that you can buy from many merchants.
I bought mine from Cliff Briscoe and have since seen it on a few travelling merchants.
Not sure of the Repair/Science needed to craft it, as you can only see the recipe when you have the crystal array in your inventory, but it shouldn't be too high.

Oh so you don't just find it in the world or as its own weapon from a merchant, interesting. Think I'll finally give FOOK a go, cheers dude.

It may very well spawn, but what NPCs use Energy Weapons beside the BoS, Van Graffs and Fiends?
It's not too hard to get the array and you only need a regular laser rifle, so you can get it quite early on.

I'd highly recommend getting the full FOOK/PN convergence, it includes EVE, WME and WMX, so you get mods for everything, better looking Energy Weapons disintegrations and a bunch of other crap.
Truth be told, I can't imagine playing without it now.

I personally find weapon packs to be a little bit distracting. I would spend hours, finding/trying every single new weapon added, then afterwards feel a little empty inside and I don't feel continuing my playthrough. I would even delete the whole pack if I find one of the weapons faulty; animation or model wise.

I mostly go vanilla but if I had choose one, it would be Sharpnel's/Ahzteks weapon overhaul.

I don't have my older copies with me, but I found my most recently purchased copy of Fallout 2.
Here's the front.

Excuse the poorly removed sticker in the corner.

And the back cover.

>©1998 Interplay
Now that's what I like to see. Thanks for showing me, user.

>Kill smarter, not harder
What did they mean by this?

high int run

No problem.
I'm just glad Interplay/Black Isle got my money for it.

I've got a copy of FO1 sitting around somewhere that doesn't need internet access, Steam or anything else, but I picked it up as another backup can't stand having to rely upon Steam to reinstall something back in 2012~
It doesn't say anything about Bethesda, but I feel like they got that $4.

Shoot them in the eyes.

Name a better sidearm than the 9mm, 13 rounds more than enough to slightly wound anything that moves

>wound

How about a sawn-off?

Are you mocking the tickling power of the 9mm?

I think that a .22 has much better tickling ability. If you want to get a deathclaw or a cazador absolutely pissed at you, that's the caliber to use.

using the most patrician weapon skill; throwing

I don't know, I just like that the 9mm looks like a Browning HP.

What are your favorite post-apocalyptic movies, wasters?
For me:
Road Warrior, A Boy And His Dog, The Book Of Eli

All good choices.
I'd say the Mad Max series new one doesn't count, A Boy and His Dog was my favourite movie ever for a few years, The Book of Eli actually amounted to a fun playthrough I did.
That movie "9", I think it was a Tim Burton movie was pretty neato.

Anyone seen Nuka Break?

I like Nuka Break, it was pretty great. I haven't watched "9" yet. I don't like Fury Road either.

What was your Book of Eli playthrough?

Nuka Break was a LOT better than I thought it would be.
I went in expecting some drivel riddled with memes, but got a quality story of some wasters.

I'd recommend watching 9, but don't expect some masterpiece.
It is quite enjoyable, though.

My Book of Eli playthrough amounted to me doing HH almost immediately to get the Bible at the end and always keeping it in my inventory.
Contrast set low/high so that seeing is harder not necessary, but I felt like it Perception maxed out, as he can smell/hear exceptionally, Tags were Melee with a fuckhuge bladed weapon, Guns with a sweet pistol and Survival for utilising whatever I could from the land. Extra points went into Barter to get better deals with whatever I scavenged.
Used an old black guy face from FCO, dressed him up like Eli, backpack and all.
I helped every little person who really needed it, but stayed away from the larger factions, their problems would get in the way of my mission.

If thats the best of the best of the ncr than they are fucked.

Its like a ferel ghoul in armor

Why did people make these little charts?

He's a special stealth ranger, because if he turns sideways you can't see him.

For fun.

Got the template?
I'd like to make one for the first time in years.

Autism.

Because its fun. Why do you hate fun Osama?

>vault 13 canteen
Who in the fuck uses that shit?

I too like to play as an invincible edge lord wasteland batman.

Not him but here

Thanks, user.

I always forget about it, and plus it gives me two hp when I'm walking around not in combat, and I don't have to waste a nuka cola, buffalo goard or sunset sassperillialalahi.

Is there an equivalent to IWS that won't bloat the fuck out of my saves?

>throwing in FO1/2
How about no

Throwing is master mode
git gud

None that I know of, sorry.

More like masochist mode.

I keep asking, yet still to get an answer: which mod to get to fix the damage? RWD does jackshit, and everyone still takes 3+ shots to the head.

It's technically possible.
You'll hate yourself and the game, but if you can collect enough spore plant spikes, flares, rocks and grenades to make it through the game

If RWD does nothing, you've either installed it wrong or something is conflicting with it but I doubt it
Do you have it one easy or something?
Project Nevada also has better than vanilla damage scaling, try using both.
I do and it's fantastic.

strawpoll.me/11035288
I've always liked the 10mm pistol in all of the fallouts, but I'd have to say with the way the 10mm has slowly grown bigger and bulkier I don't really like it, I think it looks good as a slightly beefy colt elite/desert eagle rip off.

>no "ballistics are for fags" option

I just killed Ceaser and his entire camp with a low end high stealth character. On very hard.

The COS sniper with steath boys is amazing. The entire legate camp felt like I was playing MGS.

>installed wrong
Just no, stop. It's a mod that consists of single esp file, you can't install this wrong.

>easy
Hard, you mean, because easy actually makes you deal more damage. Anyway, it's set to normal.

>conflict
The only other mod I'm using that could've messed with limb damage multipliers is Vicious Wastes, but I load RWD after it. Besides, I've tried disabling Vicious Wastes all together, but to no avail.

If you claim it works for you, can you quickly make a new character and try shooting Ringo in the head, and then report the results?

>not procuring all equipment on site
You are no FOXHOUND.

Tell me about New orleans Veeky Forums.

>you can't install this wrong.
I know, but some people are fucking stupid. Not saying you are, but it can be hard to tell

>it's set to normal
Set it to Hard/Very Hard, user.

>make a new character and try shooting Ringo in the head, and then report the results?
Of course, I don't mind.
Did you want me to make a video of it?
Because I don't have anything to record what I'm playing.