Rustchan: a Rust server by anons for anons - /rustg/

Rustchan is a Rust server hosted by anons for anons.

If you play Rust and want a server where you can play in peace without fear of being arbitrarily banned for something you say in the chat or put on a sign, this is for you. It's hosted on a dedicated server in Dallas.

I'd like to see is something similar to 4craft. I think it would be fun to see various boards form their own clans/factions, form alliances and wage war on one another.

Since there seems to be two camps of people, one who want vanilla rates and the other who want 3x rates, a suitable compromise is 2x in my opinion. The rates have been changed as fairly as I could manage.

Server info/rates:
>2x rates
>Friends
>Clans
>Remove tool
>Sign Artist
>Quick Sort

>Connection info
pastebin.com/741QSSyn

>Live map
playrust.io/map/?192.99.18.63:28816

>Q&A
pastebin.com/VfYehUJ9

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RUSTCHAN

>Discord
discord.gg/WqBWk4r

So I got the server functioning again. The IP changed because the host is incompetent.

Any questions, ideas or suggestions? Post them! I'm open to ideas and criticism.

bump

bump

This sounds like shit

Why?

bump

bump

bump

yo there isn't usually a rust thread, right?
this is a newish thing?

a few of my Veeky Forums eve friends just bought rust because of of a humblebundle sale and we haven't really figured out where to play yet. if it's anything like hosting a mc server a lot of them want mods and a lot of them want vanilla and honestly keep an eve corp running is enough of a time eater that i don't want to maintain a rust server too and put out those fires. vanille uber alles anyway.

maybe i'll come check your thing out

How many players? How do I find them?

Yeah, apparently there -was- a /rustg/ but this is mostly for my server, which is less than a week old really.

first order of business is to see if my laptop will run it without crashing.
0:1 so far

at our height we see about 25-30 players

right now we have 14 on

use the live map and coordinate with them in chat

bump

Hello

What do I need to get invited to pol?

Ask Matt or one of the people he promoted

bump

how?

Where?

so hey fuckmeats I bought rust on the bundle and I don't want to get banned for drawing dicks on my base or whatever

at the same time though I'd kind of like to not get killed on sight by some fuck with an assault rifle while I'm still trying to find shit to make a bow or whatever

I can appreciate the no moderation approach, but can you actually get established and shit here?

seconding this

If you're smart about base building, sure.

Rust is Darwinian. If you build a shit-shack right next to the largest clan's base and expect not to be raided, you're not going to have fun.

Yeah I mean I'm cool with opportunistic shit- like if I build a base somewhere dumb or something. I just want to know if I can expect to get randomly picked off while walking around as a nude fuck or anything

Our server is fairly low pop. PvP does happen but it's nowhere near as cancerous as in the top servers.

Right. I'll probably pop in sometime soon, then. I'm out of work on medical leave this week, so I need something to do

bump

bump

but theres already a 4craft iteration winding up right now

bump

here's an idea: instead of just making this a bump general, why not make it a rust general with the secondary benefit of having a dedi server

that's a good idea, but what should i put as the OP (besides my server info)?

I've never seen a rust general so i wouldn't know the format

I've never seen a rust general either, but just look at some of the other generals you lurk and ape the best parts of them. A short description of the game (preferably not some copy-pasted shit, an honest description of what the game is like), links to helpful information, a pastebin can come along once the general has established itself a bit more, shit like that.

alright, sounds like a plan

Wasn't Rust big on Veeky Forums around the legacy days?

Gonna need to know how to hate Semites.