What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

War? Trade?

Both societies had different elements but they had expert-tier military

NOSOTROS

Not much given the difficulty of navigating from one to the other.

You'd end up with the relationship that Rome had with China.

Nobody has foresight, give it up lad.

The Aztecs tried to expand as much as they could, maybe they could take Central America and make expeditions into South America, because the Inca were not interested on expanding to north.

Navigating wasn't a problem neither since they had efficient explorers that could travel many kilometes in a matter of days

Nope!
The Darian Gap
Get a grip
We still can't drive from Pt. Barrow to Tierra del Fuego

It's the sheer distance I'm worried about here.

Even if they know each other exist, neither trade or war will be profitable, because of those transportation costs.

They'd probably send each other nice postcards or something.

ÉRAMOS

They actually exchanged goods with each other, albeit through several proxy cultures in the middle. I think an Incan copper axe ended up in the northern reaches of the Aztec Empire.

ROYALE

>They actually exchanged goods with each other
[citation needed]
Please

This would make sense.

Typically you get traders that individually only travel a small distance, but then they sell to another guy, who moves the goods further to the destination, and so on.

So you have every really fashionable Roman having silk and porcelain, when there's really no Roman Marco Polo or Commodore Perry around.

Sorry, I don't remember where I read that. It was somewhere on wikipedia I think.

>they had expert-tier military
xD
If you think fighting fake wars makes your military exemplary, I have something to tell you.

>flower wars create good warriors
xD

The correct word to use here would be reyes.

Explain yourself

xd

Correct way is NOSOTROS ERAMOS REALEZA
The only perk of living most of your life in a US colony
t.american that lived his entire childhood in Puerto Rico

Not that user but I have read about that. Was a indirectly trade, mediated by the central americans indigenous people. I'm going to search by the text, but at least some inca and mesoamerican pottery was found in central america taht look like trade centers.

Not the Incas but I read that the Purepecha in Western Mexico recieved traders in the port of Zacatula, from far way lands in the south. Curiously, the Purepecha have many similarities to the Andean cultures in Ecuador.

> What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

They would have needed boats, as canoes wouldn't cut it and an overland route wasn’t viable.