You have 45k to Buy A Car, What Do You Get and Why?

You have 45k to Buy A Car, What Do You Get and Why?

Looking to purchase a car, would like to know what Veeky Forums would get

Pic unrelated.

I buy a business so I can earn some money.

Lexus GS350 because I'm an old fart at heart and I like comfy cars.

Or buy a LS430 and pocket the rest of the money.

Then you are disqualified and now marked for death.

A big car cause im a big boy

Buy a Civic stfu

I'd wait a few years and hope to score a gt350 or buy a good condition nsx

>nsx
Which one?Because all the older ones are going up

I'd buy a 90s nsx, it's one of my fondest car memories growing up

Evo 8 or 9. Spend the rest fixing it everytime it breaks

I'd buy an Impreza and use the rest of the money to fix it and keep it going. I saw one last winter, it drove past me and went sideways on a snowy corner, I was hard all day. Might not be the most educated pick, but I really like that car.

Gen one Viper because I like bikini tops and near death experiences

1997 championship white Integra type R then put 20k into the car

Lexus ES

>park next to a Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini youR car gets stolen.

You could debate for ever, but in the end a Viper would be a solid choice

a genuine TRD2000GT

there's a bunch of widebody replicas but a true TRD would be so special to have

My nigga

Kek 7000 redline my ls integra revs higher

Kek

Easy, this one. Its a van diemen rf02 with zetec powerplant currently run by a pro team. If I had it I could dominate the local regional series and be competitive if I took it to a pro race. Only $35k so I'd have some extra cash to spend too... maybe a new data system?

This might be a good option too. $36.5k for a 2012 van diemen RFR. Got newer aero going on and a pretty fresh engine. Run by a guy at SCCA majors instead of a pro team but its got podiums and wins so its gotta be pretty decently sorted.

Probably my old car desu, a gen 2 CTS-V. Wagons are hard to find so just the sedan probably. Comfy high quality interior, 550 hp 540 torque, AWD, reliable. Really good DD with plenty of hooning capability. Overweight but comfy.

f-for me?

R34 skyline

1992 Geo Tracker. Put a v8 in that bitch

Car in decent condition: 4k
V8 engine: 3k + 2k installation
3" Lift kit: 1.5k
Proline tires + decent white rims (nothing tacky) : 1k
Kenwood stereo + amps + 12" subs +installation: 1k
Shiny red paint job: 3k
Dual twin exhaust: 600?

Damn that's like not even 20k.

Dunno what I'd do with 45k tea bee aich... maybe 3 Geo Trackers? One for DD, one for mud, and one show car?

Why buy when you could build one exactly to your spec in that price range?

Start with an RX7 FC convertible. Toss out the limp 13b it started with, and put in a 20b. Lighten the rotors, ceramic seals, and put in a stronger eccentric shaft all for those 10k+ revs, and a big turbo. Get a transmission capable of taking the power. Fit a catback racing beat exhaust system. Toss out the old seats with the shitty speaker headrests, put in some red/black seats from an RX8. Fit some wider tires, but try to keep the suspension as close to stock as possible while accommodating the wider tires and extra power. Then fit a Mariah Mode 6 widebody kit to tuck the wheels and give it a more imposing late 80s look. Swap out the stock sound system for a decent pioneer deck, and good amp/speakers all around. Swap out the steering wheel for whatever Momo wheel I fancy at the time. Once all the exterior work is done, paint it metallic orange-red(flame red?) and hang a disco ball or some fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror.

All that should be well within budget. Pic related: it's the body kit I'd want.

There's a 2011 NG 9-5 Aero for sale over in Downers Grove at just under $20k, so I'd just buy that and then keep the rest of the cash around for in case something happens to it, like that one melting light socket or some jackass in a Cobalt that can't park.

Chevy SS.

Mother fucking 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383.

Why the convertible? Does it handle anywhere near the same

I like your style.

97 volvo 850r 5mt, in pure white

A supra would do me just fine. 1jz

Having driven both extensively, it's basically impossible to tell them apart.

Just think of the RX7 cabrio as a longer MX5 with a rotary under the hood.

2016 challenger scat pack

Good value, great power, pigfat but really just something to tide me over until I can get a good quality restored classic

plus about 4-5k left over for mods

for that money i can get a great eu spec supra here in germany. i would choose that car 100%

Wow really? I keep seeing the convertible for much cheaper on Craigslist so I assumed it was worse, but is it just weebs who wanna initial d that have caused the price difference?

That's pretty alarming, actually. The price bracket here for RX7s goes like this: Coupe

M235i

Might just be that I almost never see coupes for sale in the first place and living in Ohio means that everything is rusted

Import a R30 RS-Turbo, spend the rest on maintenance, parts and insurance.