/dbg/ - Dirty Bomb General

>Is it p2w?
No
>How the loadout system works:
stealth-nerf.com/dirty-bomb-the-loadout-system-explained/
>Loadout/weapon/augment charts
forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/12972/the-db-genome-project-everything-there-is-to-know-about-loadouts
>How do I get this game?
store.steampowered.com/app/333930/
>Wiki:
dirtybomb.gamepedia.com
>Join our steam group and play with us:
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbg_fags
>Wanna play competitive?
Ask reddit for cups, ranked matchmaking is dead and you shouldn't play it
>Tweaks and HUD customization
pastebin.com/iHnY6YWe
>Singleplayer map practice and testing commands
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612915290
>Basics:
youtube.com/watch?v=-LJUmnLDpDw
youtube.com/watch?v=6lGdwdnyWB0
youtube.com/watch?v=5CsMPX6800Y
>Aim/reflex training:
aim400kg.com/
>Official Dirty Bomb Discord (see /dbg/ Discord for /dbg/ Discord:
discord.gg/0gP8aNVcec7ggHEl
>Teamspeak:
no one uses it anymore
>/dbg/ Discord:
discord.gg/Kas28WG

Topscoring by placing down and picking up your healing station edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11043554/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded

what the fuck

strawpoll.me/11043554/r

Morning /dbg/ :^3

just let it die
like my soul

>not playing unsung vietnam edition
plebs

I will not allow this.

:3

Thread or my soul?

You would actually not allow my soul to die?

I want your soul to suffer endless misery in the world of dirty bums.

>bums
If you're referring to the game then I have pretty much quit it.
If you mean bums as in butts then no luck in that either.
Endless misery but without those.

Retarded region lock removed yet?

>t. 3rd world shitskin

>middle of Europe
I guess?

Nope, Nexon and SD do not want money and more players. They don't have anything worth buying in the shop either.

What? Nixon is in charge of this as well?

It sure as hell isn't the players in charge.

Neither SD nor Nexon has taken any steps to solve the situation so just blame them both. They aren't even fucking trying. Raz telling us they are 'working on it' is pure bullshit and anyone with half a brain cell can tell it's a lie.

>be us east
>play early in the morning
>only two east servers
>everyone has a ping of 300

sadness

>2003
>no region locks
>game servers available in every single third world country in the world so everyone can get low pings and decent experience
>cosmetics don't exist
>free to mod your server however you want, everyone can make maps
>cheaters get instantly banned in all servers by competent and active server admins
>players actually using brains

Fast forward couple years...

>2016
>massive region locks
>budget servers only covering 20% of the world, everyone else is forced to play 100+ ping.
>can't give out server binaries because 'muh free to play can't allow giving away control because players would mod servers and get free cosmetics'
>poor anticheats and hackers running rampant
>playerbase too dumb to votekick hackers
>can't have custom mods on servers, no map editor, forced to play shitty maps endlessly.
>99% of the players complete trash with zero aim and awareness, only whining.

What the fuck went wrong?

>What the fuck went wrong?
casuals.

bad decisions + lack of money

Back during ET and Quake era you had to improve your skills to actually stand a chance against the enemy. Now you just pop your ultimate ability and get a multi-kill without even having to aim.

Remember ET was released for free so it made 0 profit for SD. Not sure about Quake but now that it's on steam it definitely gets some revenue.

FPS games have been marketed to the casuals aka bigger audience with the introduction of waifus and cosmetics.

Not sure about devs releasing SDK, how it would affect their revenue. I don't see it working in F2P game.

Many games have large budgets and similar problems.

I'd say it's a lot of factors.

>Making video games became recognized as an acceptable form of employment with university programs
>lots of people with degrees who have no particular passion for video games - they have sufficient knowledge of things work to complete basic tasks, but not enough understanding to fix them when they break

>conglomerate companies started seeing the profit in video games and started buying out the companies that make them
>they force development in the direction that their studies and statistics tell them will make money, instead of actually trusting the developers to make a game that people will play
>they drastically speed up development times and ignore basic QoL and bug resolution
>they implement idiotic systems to duck pirates, without actually knowing what the nature of the problem is
>this takes access to game files away from players, thus preventing the crowdsourcing of basic bugs and issues that previously would've been knocked out by the community in a week, and the introduction of new and interesting content with very little upkeep from the developers - thus allowing them to freely work on their next title

>the medium of the internet, as defined by social media websites, gives the largest voice to the smallest people
>companies have started caving to these small voices instead of trusting their developers to make a good game

>the only minor refuge is in smaller indie studios, but they lack the necessary funds (or often the talent) to complete the games as they'd like to

the result being

>video games are constantly losing money
>the developers lose
>the companies that fund them lose
>most of all, the players lose

>Not sure about devs releasing SDK, how it would affect their revenue. I don't see it working in F2P game.
You can just disable f2p progression stuff for private servers. Even if you don't make direct money from that, it keeps the game alive and brings fresh blood into it because the game is still played. And those people might want to buy things from you.

SD is just too stupid to code it properly.

RAAAAAAAAAZ FIX IT

Javelin will fix the game.

>another explosive spam merc

>untied meme boots
>another fanny pack merc

>guys
>guys
>hey guys
>listen
development is pretty much stale, bugs have been in the game for ages, 2 new maps with in one year of open beta, player base is declining
>how can we fix this
>I KNOW; LET`S CREATE ANOTHER MERC WITH NO GOOD ABILITY LIKE TURKLE TO CLUSTER THE GAME WITH USELESS CHARACTERS NO ONE WILL PICK
>literally everyone at SD

>proxy is a meme shitter
>fletcher is a crutch shitter
>bushwhacker got nerfed and underpowered
Turtle is the perfect solution

they are tied though, you can see the string wrapping around the shoe

YOU FIX IT!

Daily reminder that Subzstance didn't make it into the top 500 in the first season of ranked Overwatch

Where's your name you faggot?

t. dixumixu
Happy now?

I thought you were Raz who forgot to namefag

Iron Sky is a quality movie

My life consists of waking up daily into misery without goals, purpose, happiness or a loving soul mate.

Okay but it's about Space Nazis

>Now you just pop your ultimate ability and get a multi-kill without even having to aim.
Yeah. I like Overwatch, it's fun but it's a game that I think NO game should ever be inspired by. It didn't fill some niche that wasn't already filled, it drilled itself between CounterStrike, TF2 and Dirty Bomb and then proceeded to get as fat as possible to try to squish the others. It's fun but it's really not that good. The art design is wicked appealing, but the writing is so bad that nobody feels like real characters, even though the fanbase is DESPERATELY clinging to every scrap of a personality that these characters have.
At least with TF2 the characters were intentionally hollow cardboard cutouts so you could project your details into that character. Overwatch doesn't have an excuse.
Balance is absolute shite, and only certain heroes reward skill. It's more a puzzle game/RTS than a shooter. Yes, the balance works but it's pretty much Artificial balance every way.

ded