I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

FROM MY POINT VIEW SEA SHELLS ARE EVIL

I should've had you strangled as an infant.

But have you brought legions?

I'LL KILL YOU

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Caesar the Wise? No, I thought not. It's not a story the Optimates would like to tell you.

I AM THE SENATE

Not yet.

ALCIBIADES COULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR

dude please
Caligula was no idiot
he was very inteligent, his problem was his Ego that fueled his war with the Senate
the attack on the Ocean was a way to humiliate the army when he could no longer execute officers without facing revolt, also he fucked his sister

the real nutcase was Nero

>he was very inteligent,

Source

>
the attack on the Ocean was a way to humiliate the army when he could no longer execute officers without facing revolt

Source.

>the real nutcase was Nero

Source

This is how the Republic dies, by thunderous applause

>idk who to pick as pic related

Kek.

>not Cicero

Fuck's sake user.

>what destiny of mine, O conscript fathers, shall I say that it is owing, that none for the last twenty years has been an enemy to the republic without at the same time declaring war against me?

desu I thought it was be Brutus.

Forgive me if i am being retarded, but did he basically took pride in his loyalty to the Republic, using the fact that those who claims to be an enemy of the Republic to be an enemy of Cicero, implying that Cicero and the Republic are somewhat one and the same?

That theory has just as much validity as Claudius making Nero emperor to shake the senate into abolishing the empire and turn back into a republic.
AKA cool, but no proofs whatsoever.

He basically said he was the staunchest defender of the republic, and anyone who was his enemy wanted to become a tyrant.
Which is overall false actually, but short of Cato he was probably the one with the most right to say it.

Hate that racist fuck

>muh heroic actions in stopping Cataline

Cato maybe?

He has control of the city and the court, he is too dangerous to be kept alive!

Dellow felegates! In response to this direct threat to the Republic, mesa propose that the Senate give immediately emergency powers to the Dictator in perpetuity

These gorilla tactics ... too accurate for Germanic barbarians