Itt: memes retards subscribe too

>the white death climbed into a tree during winter with a shitty rifle and 600 rounds
>he then not only landed every shot, but landed a killing blow with every shot
>all from a single position in a tree exposed to enemy fire with no foliage and at equal range of the

They countcounted the bodies of some battlefield and were like "yup, it was all this guy"

Other urls found in this thread:

yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2009/06/24/karhumaen-valtaus-1941
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Democratic_Republic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>so smug his smug started melting off his face

I have a Finnish friend and the way his family talked about the Winter War I thought the Finns won. It wasn't until recently that I found out they lost it AND the Continuation War and the only thing that spared the Finns from being Warsaw Pact'd was the other Allies.

Fucking Suomi's :DDDD

A thread for retards.

ids a lie :DDDDD sobiet brobaganda xDDDDDDDD

They didn't get annexed.

That was all the victory they really needed.

I knew a Finn once

This nigger unironically told me he believed ancient Egyptians were actually Finns and how sick and tired of Hollywood white washing their history he was

>he doesnt know about the ancient finns

time to get hyperpilled, kiddo

You just got spurdo'eded

>Finn
>unironic

aaa forgot pic

>not knowing about the Finno-Korean Hyperwar

>Genghis Khan
>Fenno-scand
Coincidence?

it is a little know fact, but the borjigins were actually descended from a branch of the ancient finnish imperial dynasty

Every single famous marksman in history is a meme and anyone who likes any of them in any combination is a retard, to be honest.

>-50*c
>snow up to your waist
>enemies dressed in pic related

not that hard to believe, the Finns even sent out propaganda fliers to the Soviet troops asking them to please look at their olive green uniforms and think what the fuck they're doing with those in the middle of winter.

found the poster in question

They kind of did. The Russians didn't archive their war goals.

Bitch needs some HYPERWAR in his life.

The "finnish snipers hiding in trees" was a soviet meme during the war.

This, most likely it began when the Soviets encountered Finnish border guard observation posts set up in trees along the border, but those were never intended as sniper platforms, and pretty much no Finnish source mentions of them being used for such activity, only Soviet sources of questionable veracity. These "Cuckoo snipers" are basically the Winter War equivalent of the Chechen War "White Tights".

>the white death climbed into a tree during winter with a shitty rifle and 600 rounds
>he then not only landed every shot, but landed a killing blow with every shot
>all from a single position in a tree exposed to enemy fire with no foliage and at equal range of the

What the fuck are you talking about?

>the muslims protected the classics during the dark ages

The observation post thing is more likely than sniping. Häyhä didn't even use a scope to keep his posture minimal so why would they be shooting from trees?

Though I did once see a document from soviet side of winter war. And at the end of the war some soviet officer saw a Finnish soldier climb down from a tree right at the edge of the forest across their frontlines shouting "peace peace" before disappearing into the woods.

>Caligula made his favourite horse a Consul

Triggers me every fucking time.

Lets loot some seashells, shall we??

I always thought he did that to make fun of other consuls.

Was this all Tacitus's fault or was Caligula truly an absolute madman?

I just want to know why he would march the army into the sea.

He may have voiced such an idea as a joke, in order to show his abhorrence for the senate. Whether or not he actually did it we will most likely never know. Suetonius writes that "it is being said he intended" to make his horse a consul.

One thing we can say for certain is that ancient historiographers generally exaggerated immensely.

He was literally mentally ill

translate please cyka anons

>Soldier of the Red Army! Look at yourself, how you are dressed, and think about for whom and for what you fall!

There may be some mistake in there, but that's the gist of it.

Red army soldier, look at yourself, how you're dressed, and think for who and for what you're dying.

I gotta say, if I was a soviet fag being sent into a snow-covered field with a dark uniform while knowing about snipers, I'd probably take a while to think about this. And then I'd take my chances and do it anyway because the other option is to get shot in the back by the Comissar for desertion.

Interestingly Finns actually had the chance to capture people like Karelians, Ingrians or other Baltic-Finn speaking people who they could converse with.

yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2009/06/24/karhumaen-valtaus-1941
Sadly article in moon runes.

>Sadly article in moon runes

Whät the fück äre yöü döing Finländ?

That interview with the ingrian was pretty funny

Joke's on them, Russians couldn't read

Is this really so unbelievable? He could have done it as banter.

I like how one of the commander of a major motti that managed to escaped back over the border was executed and one of the reasons in his court martial was losing something like 67 field kitchens to the enemy

That nazis hated Slavs

This

>Things that didn't happen: The Post

>he thinks Hayha got his entire body count from one battle

They got exactly the territories they asked for before the war.

As far as im aware the plan was to take over the entire territory and install a puppet soviet goverment like they did in the baltics. They even used the Finnish communists that fled Finland back during the 1918s civil war to make it when the war started.

Nope, the war was started over Karelia, which the commies eventually got

did putin tell you that

Molotov pls go.

>dude we lost a part of our territory but we won :DDDDD
t. Genghis Khan :DDDDDD

Simo Hayha is 100% liberal propaganda

They literally did, though. Stalin didn't like that Finland had a defensive line so close to Leningrad, so he demanded Karelia to give himself "breathing room". The Finns refused, he went to war over it. The Finns held out throughout the winter because Stalin was fucktarded and sent troops from Kazakhstan to fight in Finland because "lol can't trust the local troops to fight the Finns", but once the spring thaw hit the Red Army started pushing and the Finns couldn't stop it. The Finns pressed for peace on the terms Stalin originally demanded, and he agreed because he had the Baltics to eat.

It doesn't matter how many casualties you inflict on an enemy if he can withstand them. The Red Army could replace everything they lost; the Finnish Army couldn't.

And how does the Finnish Democratic Republic fit into this narrative?

Simple. He put it up as a hedge to try and make the war easier. The Gommies really overestimated their popularity when they went about invading countries, and they thought that people would flock to their "legitimate" government.

Well since you admit one of the aims was to install a puppet goverment then i guess theres nothing to argue about anymore.

And you can't seem to grasp that giving up parts of your territory permanently at the point of a gun means you lost a war, so I don't know why I was arguing in the first place.

Im not saying Finland didnt lose, im arguing that Soviets didnt get every aim they wanted from the war.

Spooky. I literally just finished the chapter on Caligula in Twelve Caesars a couple of minutes ago

He did. However the battle lasted for three months

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Democratic_Republic

His 600 confirmed kills were spread out over the course of an entire month and he never climbed trees at all. Climbing trees is literally the shittiest move that a sniper can pull. Japanese soldiers tried to do that sort of thing against Americans in the Pacific. It never worked out for them. They'd get off three shots at most before the tree would get hosed with machine guns, or even flamethrowers.

No they got the territory the intially asked for, their war goals were to take the entire country pretty much within two weeks

Well, the Nazi propaganda did proclaim Slavs to be subhumans. It obviously only referred to Soviets and to a lesser degree Poles. And even then it was against all theoreticians of scientific racism who considered them Aryan.

Then of course the Nazis backpedaled in two directions - the Slavs whom they didn't like they called Asiatic mongrels (including Poland which was only raided by Mongols, never invaded properly), while the Slavs that they liked they called Germanic descendants, like Ukrainians were supposedly Goths, etc.

WE

Friendly reminder that Finland is the fourth Rome

Most of sniper kill counts are nothing but propaganda.