>I'm a car enthusiast
>going for an engine swap
Oh cool what engine?
>LS engine
Oh wow, yay so original, I wonder what it will sound like

Other urls found in this thread:

sonnysracingengines.com/engines/sar-1005-2100-hp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'd be delusional not to swap in an LS.
Or some faggot hipster.

Just buy an s2000

Boring as fuck, sounds like shit, old hat technology from the 60s, super clunky with high displacement, totally different from a modern German V8

>I wonder what it will sound like
Pure awesome is what

>wonder wat they sound like
great!

they quietly burble like a pot of gently boiling nip tears :D

>talking about motors until this faggot said >Just buy an s2000

Not OP but I can see where he's coming from. An LS swap no longer impresses me because everyone's done it.

Now Northstar swaps... Those always get my attention.
Pic related.

You forgot the king of hp/lb and packaging.

>post yfw GM has NEVER made a naturally aspirated production V8 more powerful than the 5.2L Voodoo engine in the GT350

>yfw no one cares

I want to raise my subaru wagon and put a euro diesel engine swap once my flat 4 engine gives out.

>a euro diesel engine
>willingly cucking yourself

>literally this assmad
GM BTFO!!!

Not assmad. Just don't care. They're both fantastic engines.

> atom 500 dohc v8
> 3l
> 298lb
> 500HP

> ls7 pushrod v8
>7l
> 498lb
> 505hp

Dohc> ohv

>cheap, reliable power
>support for swapping it into just about anything

There are some shit swaps (LSx into BNR32, Supra RZ, FD RX-7, etc.) but it's a solid powerplant for a lifeless shell in need of a new engine.

You know those piles are glued together literally right

Europe doesn't have regulations on diesels like we do in America, I'd be cucking myself putting a gimped American engine in my car.

>implying you can afford an engine swap
>implying anyone here has the money or skill to perform an engine swap

Difference is
3ltr v8 500 hp on kill

7 ltr v8 505 hp massively undertuned

>he doesn't have $500 and an afternoon

yes but no one ever swaps Northstars into anything so it's always more attention grabbing than an LS or a SBC

Simply swap something else in then. like a Coyote or (not sure how this would workout) Hellcat engine or any other variation of the Hemi or even a Viper engine or maybe the Atlas engine which i heard was kinda underrated. what about the LT5 out an C4 Corvette? (if that's even possible) or maybe try to import a aussie barra.

Either way i don't know why people bitch and moan about them being unoriginal and when people argue why they are popular in the first place its
>hurr sound like shit no revs not as good as (insert engine here)

Then simply go buy that engine. if the LS is so insignificant and shitty just ignore it and it will go away. its very existence shouldn't bring you ass-pain. (not necessarily OP, but people who just complain about this engine as being the anti-christ) just as annoying as the "500 and an oh fuck.

>bitching about a cheap reliable plentiful readily available engine with lots of parts and aftermarket

what are you a faggot? I don't see you bitching about 2Jzs and RBs

>massively undertuned
Yes, because pushrods are pieces of inefficient shit that have to be limited in power otherwise they won't pass emissions. ;^)

Triggered much. The reason it's undertuned is for mpg. That and the car it's in is balanced perfectly for the power it has.

>supposedly superior
>can't beat DOHC in mpg

UZ SWAP

LS engines are quite polarizing. Those who don't like them tend to get upset rather easily.

3UR-FE or 2UZ-FE with the bolt-on TRD supercharger would be funny

Can Dohc achieve over 30 Mpg highway with a 7 litre displacement?

It doesn't need 7 liters because it's not an engineering failure.

ls so shit eurocuck engines so much better

>king of hp/lb and packaging.
kek

>gm literally has NEVER won Lemans

Dumb ape poster

>this assmad

So you admit that a 7 litre dohc engine can't get 30 mpg.
Now think if a 3litre engine can't make more than 500 hp without a massive rebuild. But a ls7 only needs a cam, heads, bolt ons and a tune to gains almost 200 hp over stock.
Which engine is truly inferior?

They came 17th last year

>Which engine is truly inferior?

the lol2valve pushrod one of course

The one invented in 1960

>which is inferior
The pushrod engine. It can't even pass emissions or get better MPG than the 3.0L.

Actually the pushrod v8 was made well before the 60s.
And it takes half the money to make the pushrod 7 litre v8 to make 140 hp vs the dohc engine. Dollars don't lie. Pushrods are better

>better
>can't outperform a V6
How pathetic....

import yourself a TVR speed 8
its better than any engine apart from the rotarys posted. 4.5L 440hp and 267lbs.

This is how I feel every time I go to a car show. I agree.

My thing is literally anything that's not a GM V8. Fucking 318 Chrysler, fan-fucking-tastic. Thanks for being slightly different.

But yes, the Northstar is different enough for my tastes

I mean, they kind of do. They are not as strict. VW wouldn't have gotten in trouble with the EU if they didn't have them.

>the Northstar is different enough for my tastes

Pretentious tastes

While I agree with you, I'd like to point out that pushrod motors can be lighter and more compact, because they do not need large heads like SOHC and DOHC engines do. They do have that going for them. Additionally, a lower torque band tends to go with them.

Pretentious? Cadillac? Man, have you seen those shitty pieces of badge engineering? Or did you mean I am generally pretentious and cadillac has nothing to do with it?

Damage control much. Wrong engine bud. And wrong car.

People really dislike cheap(per bhp), widely available, well documented engines?

Shit if L's engines were common here I'd have put one in my car, but instead, despite being an imported usdm car I dropped the worthless smog era 200hp v8 and dropped in a built 2jzgte. It would've cost the same to rebuild the v8 with all new parts and make good power but there's still no support and very little experience here.

Such is life. You bet I'd put in a ls is I could. Roadkill/motortrend make out like v8's grow on trees in the USA.

>claims it's better
>can't outperform it

>its only about the power

just get a superbike if you want to be the fastest

They kind of do. We built them for decades after we should have stopped, and we had been building them for a couple decades at the point when gas shot up and V8's weren't a good idea.

Bikes are lame.

Also, there is more to performance than power. Torque, for example. A smogged V8 can still make upwards of 250 ft-ibs of torque.

t. 18-24 boy racers who "DUDE BRO JUST SWAY LS ONE AFTERNOON EZ JOB!"

Do you also drive your dad's Volvo and vape?

>anime reaction pic
>read right-to-left

fuk off hypocrite

pushrod has better emissions and fuel consumption than the 3.0

It is an afternoon. If you're dedicated, skilled, have everything you need to make it work, and you've already removed the old engine.

Yup that's correct. A 8 yr old vette should be slower than a new gtr.
But if you want to go that route. Snek ans its all aluminum 8.4 litre V10 is faster than the computer chip on wheels with 2 less turbos. 2 less driving wheels, and 600 less pounds of wieght. Not bad for a pushrod truck engine.

>still slower than OHC

It also has 4 extra cylinders. It would have an unholy amount of torque. And have you driven a viper? They're miserably equipped. The interior is a bad place to be.

>this mad
>18 mpg
see

It's an American car. In America, we use generation or gen. None of that Mark shit. Get it right you fucking limey. Or go back to Canada. I don't care which.

This is a British website

I've driven all 3 gens. And strykers interior is a great place to be. Heated and ac seats. Adjustable pedals, 9 inch touch screen nav HD radio, everything wrapped in hand picked leather and stitched by hand. Can tell you never sat in a viper
Faster around topgear track doesn't count for shit. They sand bagged that lap.
Where's the lap times from a track that actually hosts a actual race.

t. assblasted busrider

>n-no! IT DOESN'T COUNT!!
BTFO!!!

Psh... Moot was a New Yorker. This is an American website. Made by Americans, for Americans, which does not include you! Go back to Canada!I haven't. I've only heard them go from "tomb-like" to "barely hospitable."
The general tone of the automotive press is that the viper is not fun for long trips.

This is a Sharia controlled zone my friend.

>Roadkill/motortrend make out like v8's grow on trees in the USA.
They kind of do. GM has made over a million gen 1 small block Chevy V8s (which are STILL in production). 90% of V8s in America will come from trucks. Trucks are the best selling anything over here (having consistently taken the top 3 spots of the best selling vehicles in America for decades). The GM trucks have usually had SBC's or LS V8's, the Dodge's have had either the LA V8's (like the 318), the Powertech V8s (like the SOHC 4.7L), and the Hemi's (like the 5.7L). Then there's the Fords which have usually had a Cleveland V8, a Windsor V8, or a Modular V8. Only recently, at Ford, has there been a shift. more than half of Ford's new F150 trucks are now powered by the 3.5L Twin Turbo V6 engines

Most cars in America are powered by I4 or V6 engines but V8s are literally EVERYWHERE. EVERYONE everywhere either owns a V8 powered vehicle or knows someone with one.

In any case, it is a place not controlled by those filthy British and their emus.

Tfw straight piped ls1 trans am

Fuck you OP. Hipster douchebag

Trans-am is nothing more than a Camaro with stupid chicken decals. The boat-anchor of an engine only makes it more obnoxious

>implying I uploaded it to fastestlaps

its much better if americans don't upload cars there tho, some dumbass upload a "Chevorlet"

Psh, some dumbass designed that Chevorlet, and some dumbass said "Yes, let's build that thing". Point is, GM shouldn't do stuff. Also, I thought you meant this site. But still, fuck you. Go back to Nova Scotia or whatever part of that god-forsaken white hell you come from.

>white hell

well yes, America does have a rather ebony color now that you mention it

It's all the smog from our glorious V8's. 12 horsepower but 600+ ft-ibs of torque.

It's literally gods gift to mankind.

God is a funny way of saying Ford Motor Company.

>ford
can't compete

Uh-huh. Try comparing the Fiesta to the Sonic. And how is that fiberglass toy in terms of build quality? Clarkson's was falling apart within a few weeks. Chevy may be fast with its 7 liter, but Ford keeps up with a 5.0, and it actually engineers its cars.

Thanks, btw.

See, this asshole gets it? And if I recall, they called the Camaro's interior "coffin-like." Now compare the Gt40 to the Vette.

>making a car to specifically to take down an out of production car
wow. So intelligent

Unless it's an ST, the Sonic shits on the Fiesta in terms is speed and handling.
Also the GT350 has a 5.2L, not a 5.0L you fucking moron. What's the matter? Can't read the brochure?

clarkson gave the corvette you replied to car of the year.
try again slowefag

>so mad he makes excuses

They still make the Camaro, and also, guess what? There'd be no Camaro without the Mustang. GM made an inferior copy, and it killed it for a while. The Camaro has always been shit. As for the Sonic, how is that cheap shit-box put together? I don't care how fast they go. I care about how long it'll serve me. The vega was faster than the Ford Pinto. It fell apart faster too.

And in an editorial, he said of the Zr1 he tested in America for the muscle car special started to fall apart. And are you sure he wasn't talking about the new Corvette?

>its a Ford retards vs GM retards at it again

place your bets

You know, the one that broke down in Motor Trend's car of the year trials?

>Step one
grow a proper sack of balls
>Stop two
buy this engine
sonnysracingengines.com/engines/sar-1005-2100-hp
>Step three
swap it in your car like a fuckin man

In fairness, the other domestic brand is Chrysler. They're, uh, hardly worth defending.

GM has the only car faster than a gt-r, so it ALWAYS wins these types of threads.

I know. I'll make a Civic that can outperform a Model T!

>They still make the Camaro
Not that model. The 2016 Camaro doesn't share a single part with the 2010-2015 car.
>GM made an inferior copy
Trans Am racing championships during both cars first generations beg to differ.

The Sonic uses German engines and are reliable. It's also built in Michigan. Where's the Fiesta built? Oh yea. In Mexico. Where Ford pays the workers in chickens. Which one's cheaper to build?

PUSHRODS BTFO!!!!

nah, the viper a best and everyone knows the hemi is god-tier

Chrysler is number 1