Why the fuck would anyone buy a BRZ/FRS with an automatic?

Why the fuck would anyone buy a BRZ/FRS with an automatic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-gBbFxK5qQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know how you feel op. When I was younger I thought all humans had a penus too. But some have vagunas I learned. You'll learn too.

Because some people are retarded attention whores who don't care about driving yet buy a driver's car anyway.

It's more convenient.

Women.

Which probably makes up the majority of drivers of that car.

see: If you're buying a fucking sports car for convenience you already fucked up.

t. busrider

Its faster than the manual.

>7.8 to 60 is faster than 6.2

I don't think so.

Or their market for it is 18-25 year old males who cant drive a standard

Boomer detected.

>Being this butthurt about another thread you have to shitpost an entirely new thread

desu senpai

who was that trip that leased an automatic frs

Inu

An FRS doesn't get to 60 in 6.2 seconds. All the magazines that report its 0-60 number in the low 6s are lying. They're actually reporting a 0-58mph time, because that's where its 2nd gear tops out. To get to 60 in that shitbox you need to shift into 3rd. With actually shifting into third, there's no way to hit a 6.2 second 0-60 in that car.

>Why the fuck would anyone buy a BRZ/FRS with an automatic?
Because they have a vagina.

People with vaginas are know for making strange, illogical decisions. Scientists are baffled by it to this day.

I don't know who you think I am sorry senpai.

No not jelly just stating anecdotal observance.

>he financed an automatic BRZ

So why not learn?

uh no

my frs redlines in 2nd at 67 at 7500

since its not fast in anyway you might just buy an auto to cruise around.

>walk up to one of my senior coworkers in his new frs
>is one of those car enthusiast types
he says "Yeah it's a great car, fast too"
>notice it's autotragic
i just say "cool"
>do a 360 and walk away

if you did a 360 you would walk right into him

lurk more buddy

fuck you

sure driving manual it's a great pleasure when you're stuck for 90% of the time in a traffic jam!

literaly the only reason i can think of is
>muh flappy paddles

To be fair if it had a proper gearbox made for flappy paddles i would get an auto one

Then it has a tune or it's a newer model where it now revs higher. The first year or couple the FRS redlines at 58mph in second gear.

Either way. It still a disgusting, pigfat engine. It also sounds terrible and picks up every piece of plastic in the interior as it revs.

The engine and transmission weigh a whopping 480 pounds. It sits halfway over the front axle while using an extra long bell housing and a long shifter extension.

Is there any redemption to having one of the heaviest and oddly positioned 4 cylinder engines ever produced in your engine bay? Not really. The boxer configuration makes for a ton of complexity. It has a ton of internal parts: 4 camshafts, 2 cylinder heads and a lot of camshaft drive chains and tensioners. If you want to get to the connecting rods or other internals you have to take the whole fucking engine apart. All of this with only 4 cylinders.

As a bonus, you get really high compression. Like, uncommon stupid high. This makes FI risky. The Direct Injection helps with that, but it has also causes a ton of issues because of the need for the Port Injection switchover. Like having birds live under your hood type of noises to complement the buzzy and slow revving FA20.

But you can turbo it and have an awesome car! Top fucking kek. Any turbo kit that doesn't involve tearing apart the engine and putting in lower than 12.5:1 allowing compression pistons makes that FA20 a time bomb. You end up with an engine that needs a complete rework if you want reliable FI without. Or you're stuck with 200whp at best.

B.b..but power isn't everything! I wear thick framed glasses for a fashion statement and drink skim milk! As you learn to drive, assuming you're not a retard, you'll outgrow the power level provided by the Toyobaru. Because with what you have, pre-ND, stock Miatas are all you can compete with unless you spend top dollar to make sure the overly complicated FA doesn't explode.

M'ok
>summers

>says he drives a manual
>doesn't even know how to heel toe

>being this new

inb4 b8

I love it. Drive into Manhattan everyday.

>being this new

considering a trans is like 150lbs thats pretty lightweight

i know plenty of women who can drive stick

like your mom. she drove my stick last night

The gear change of brz is fairly short and precise. It would be one of the main selling point of the whole car for me.

>Then it has a tune or it's a newer model where it now revs higher.
Um, they've always revved at least that hard from the factory. A tune isn't going to change the speed at a given in gear RPM.

its just a shitposter

relax

he probably didnt even know what the redline is set at

That's fucking obvious. But if a tune increases the redline than it increases the speed the vehicle can develop in each given gear.

How can you not know something so basic?

Whether you like it or not, this is a scientific fact.

MT FRS, top speed per gear:
7400 RPM Rev Limiter
1st: 35mph
2nd: 58mph
3rd: 83mph
4th: 105mph
5th: 127mph
6th: 135mph

How can you not know something so basic about your own car?

Unless of course, your FRS is an automatic, in which case you should kill yourself.

bro your numbers for 2nd through 4th are all off by at least 5

You're asking why people bought a meme car that is marketed to evoke """"""racecar feels"""""" why they bought such a car with a dual clutch semi-auto???????????

Meme car with a meme clutch, basically.

>>Bench racers: The Thread

Uhm, no.

RA6, the transmission used in the FRS weighs roughly 90lbs. Leaving the engine's weight at 380lbs. That's comparable to really old iron block I4s.

The twins use a terrible, obese Boxer 4 that makes laughable power and is completely uninspiring in the feels department. It's very much comparable to the 2.0T in the Genesis. You just don't want to rev that engine. It's the same with the FA20, it doesn't feel good to rev. The problem happens to be the fact that you have to rev it to 6k RPM to make power.

How could a power house like Toyota allow for such a terrible engine choice? S2000 made 240hp without ridiculously high compression, direct injection or wizardry.

It's hilarious, rational FRS owners are by this point fully aware of the car's shortcomings, but the fanboys are like deer caught in the headlights of a truck. Now that the thick framed hipster glasses hype has worn off we're left with the truth, and it's not so pretty.

Look at that ridiculous bell housing and monstrous shifter extension. It's gore.

Oh, the facts are off?

I've only ever seen numales with snap backs and vapes driving autotragic FRS'

Funny enough the only woman I saw driving one had a manual

>Boxer engine
>doesn't feel good to rev
Something doesn't add up

And while I agree that it makes fuck all for power naturally aspirated, that engine responds very well to forced induction
I think Subaru designed it for turbos, but then politics forced it to be an NA gutless turd

The worst part is that it's obviously made to look like a manual.

If I drove one and had both legs, and someone pointed it out, I'd probably die of embarrassment.

>designed for forced induction
Yeah no.

Oh so it doesn't respond incredibly well to forced induction?
Other engines from the same series aren't already using turbos?

Are you so blinded by FRS hate that you choose to be retarded?

Because mom bought it for dad
But i drive it to school cause im cool like that

Embarrasment.
That's it.

when the 'facts' are being yanked out of your ass of course theyre off

If you put away fanboyism, you'll see that a Boxer 4 doesn't feel good to rev. FI or NA, it's shit.

A Boxer setup is only good when there are more than 4 cylinders involved. A Boxer 6 is the only acceptable Boxer.

Here's why:

An H4 fires in 1-3-2-4 order. Which means one side fires, rests, the other side fires, rests. It's uneven and unbalanced. Each side of the engine takes turns to combust. It doesn't feel smooth, it feels unrefined unlike an H6.

When a turbo is strapped to an H4, a little problem appears. All 4 cylinders have to be connected to the single turbo in the shitty order that they fire in as to deliver exhaust pulses every 180° of the rotation of the crank in order to not create uneven exhaust pulses which would drastically reduce the efficiency of the turbo. An I4, I6 or an H6 doesn't need to wait an 180° rotation of the crank to feed the turbo even exhaust pulses. This is the reason Subarus are notorious for turbo lag. A Boxer 4 sucks for a single turbo set up. A twin turbo setup on an H4 would match the efficiency of I4/6, V6/8 or H6 but it would be a packaging and cooling nightmare. Far too expensive and complicated to produce and H4 engines are complicated enough even in NA formats. In other words, Subaru will never do it. Porsche didn't do it in their new Boxster/Cayman cars.

An H4 is a shitty setup. It's a special snowflake design Subaru has to stick to just like Porsche has to stick to rear engined cars. Tradition.

Why don't you deliver the correct ones then? Show the right way, bbe.

The only FRS that'll have different numbers is the new model with the shorter differential ratio to give its gutless engine a little more torque feel, but it'll have even less speed in each gear because of it.

I don't think you even understand how diff/gear ratios work.

Are you really this dumb or it's a bad troll strategy?

The firing order doesn't have anything to do with how smooth the engine revs, it'll be smooth as long as there's an equal number of cylinders on each bank
It's all down to opposing pairs of cylinders reaching TDC at the same time, they cancel each other's vibrations out

Sure there's some truth to what you said with 2 and 4 cylinder boxer engines, but it's nowhere near as bad as V6s

>It's a special snowflake design Subaru has to stick to just like Porsche has to stick to rear engined cars
You know that Subaru makes boxer 6s as well, right? And on the other side Porsche is making Boxer 4 engines again

Got source for all that crap?

Yeah, and Porsche is getting shit for it too. You know why? Because it feels like a Subaru with a flogged exhaust. Some journalist used those same exact words too, not verbatim but that's the gist. You know why it feels that way? Because it runs and lags exactly like a turbo Subaru H4. It fires on one side, rests, then the other, rests. It delivers exhaust gasses, what spools the turbo, every 180° of crank's rotation. Instead of per every cylinder's exhaust action. It has longer than what it takes on simpler configurations plumbing because of the way it fires. In other words, it's slow to spool. Tradition of H engines is the reason why Porsche used an H4. They should have used a VW FI I4 that they use in the Macan, iirc, it'd have superior power delivery.

H6 vs V6? About equal potential. There are absolutely no drawbacks to FI V6s. H6 obviously being cooler.

I'm not making this up. It's logic, just because it has opposing cylinders doesn't change the fact that it fires per side, not in a harmonious symphony. It's like a person that limps on both legs, propelling oneself one leg/side at a time instead of a well seasoned track runner harmoniously using his body to move forward.

If Subaru could have guarantee that they wouldn't get any grief about dropping H4 engines, they'd to it yesterday because I4s are way more efficient at making linear power, ease of maintenance, reliability and gas mileage.

Because Porsche has never made a flat 4 before

You people are whiny bitches

>women make up the majority of drivers of that car

>dual clutch semi-auto

user, it has a traditional automatic tranny with paddle shifters.

>all that text

Just stop, dude. No one's even reading your walls of text at this point.

>car for young people mostly driven by people with a mid life crisis

Fucking google it, you fucking moron.

If you learn that you can't type "FRS top speed in each gear" or "new FRS differential ratio" into Google then come back here and I'll help you out.

You read it, that's for sure.

Some people enjoy being retarded.

What does have to do with modern technology and the fact that somewhere along the line it became obvious that H4 is a useless gimmick configuration?

Aww. Butthurt coming up empty on actual information.

Dude you're literally the only person in this thread with sand in his vagina because of flat 4 engines

t. flat 6 owner

There's a reason a lot of the higher hp racing 86's have swapped in V8's.

There are engine build companies that will build an FA20 for heavy horsepower (there's a few forced-induction running around with 500-600hp), and its not the block that's unreliable, they're just shredding transmissions like crazy.

Heck, in Japan they're swapping in japanese truck engines, because the bay is so big.

I own a BRZ, and if I were to blow the engine, I'd go for a v8 swap, but that's a long ways off atm. There's a reason you can drop an LS3+T56 into the car and only gain 60lbs.

That being said, I love my car.

Nah. I post facts. There were like 5 of you faggots trying to argue the fact that a flat 4 is a useless sales gimmick and it will get smashed by an I4.

If your H6 isn't made by Porsche, there's a chance that it's a piece of shit, just fyi.

It is made by Porsche, and funny enough it is a piece of shit

You're just an idiot

>being this new

This is the rare moment someone here knows what they are talking about.

Nothing wrong with that

youtube.com/watch?v=8-gBbFxK5qQ

>How DARE you buy something for yourself instead of buying me a gigantic, ugly, gas guzzling people mover for the 1.5 children you put inside me?

>Buying a new car when you can barley pay the bills
>Buy a slow piece of shit thats meant to look fast but is slower than a miata even with an extra 50HP

This is pure weapons-grade autism

>mfw these women recognize their place
>mfw they know their use is threatened by a car
>mfw it's a shitbox

Shitboxes cant hit 60 in less than 8 seconds buddy

get a load of this guy

Why the fuck would you buy a BRZ/FRS?

honestly i think it's more the parents registering the car for their kiddos who want 'muh fast car' and think their parents owe them the privilege of buying their first car.

Pls go away

>It has a ton of internal parts: 4 camshafts, 2 cylinder heads and a lot of camshaft drive chains and tensioners.

Oh my god it's like it's an internal combustion engine or something!

Because computes shift better and I don't want knee problems

Better resale value

Why not just cut your legs off and roll around in a wheelchair

Driving a modern manual will not give you knee problems. Even if you're driving in stop and go traffic.

My god.. how could they make an ad like this? Its like the me are just doing what they love and the women hate them for it. Its like the women dont want the men to be happy. How could they make an ad like this? Are they not afraid women with AKs and grenades will walk into their offices and make a carnag? Are they not afraid that women will get the government to put them in jail?? Women certainly won't like being portrayed as selfish cunts that dont want to have fun

Subaru made a twin turbo 4 cylinder boxer in the 90s you dipshit.

Yes it will. Depressing the clutch 8 million times puts more stress on that knee no matter what. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:
>You can't

Walking puts stress on you knee, guess you better stop walking

The girl I'm fucking right now tells me that her brother has an automatic BRZ.

He knows shit all about cars as far as I know so that could be one explanation.

His sister also loves my cum and having it all over her ass, mouth, and face so I guess that also could give some insight.

Using a manual will put no extra stress on your knee that will cause them to fail quicker.

you dont know shit, a boxer 4 engine doesn't "rest" when firing pic related

>every 180° of crank's rotation.
ane that is the optimum way of delivering gases to a turbo if you only have 4 cylinders, mouthbreather

subarus experience lag because the EJ is a 25 year old design and because of their retarded exhaust mainfold exhaust

why are you lying on an anime imageboard?

>An H4 fires in 1-3-2-4 order. Which means one side fires, rests, the other side fires, rests. It's uneven and unbalanced. Each side of the engine takes turns to combust. It doesn't feel smooth, it feels unrefined unlike an H6.
you are a fucking retard
see the gif i just posted

>Being this retarded

Enjoying your automatics? Or does the bus driver shift for you?

quality arguments lad