/rpgmg/ - RPG Maker General #163

Searching for resources counts as progress, right? Edition
MV 1.3.1 update: s3-ap-northeast-1(dot)amazonaws.com/degica-prod.product-files/43387/RPGMV_W131_Upd.exe
MV Crack: www86(dot)zippyshare.com/v/45Pnv1CO/file.html
Trial Download: rpgmakerweb.com/download/free-trials/trial-rpg-maker-mv
Trial Mirror: mega.nz/#!HNRDmQKS!6YhUUEA3YpRYEaruDgfUmFD2kZcOB7pv3rSssUOM2bs

[MV] Base Resources, Cover Art DLC, Essentials DLC and Pre-order Plugins:
pastebin.com/QtQnqvf5
[MV] Season Pass DLC
mega.nz/#!Yo5AlLxZ!yzS3PMn144EGsj9LMnXeaaJ_ZxyTGgbIvFf3Y4Z0YRw
mega.nz/#!ZxhjiaBD!lGIZEztZ8fhyyl9NuEoQ_TDw0BGa0LB6wEaSxmY01lo
[VX/Ace] Humble Bundle DLC:
mega.co.nz/#F!eJQEWLiC!Y66_MZgvuwB2ZUn2m6GzSQ

/rpgmg/ Wikia
rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
Getting started
docs.google.com/document/d/14ignTofv_bDRVHPUk9_sEpLUjuFyxpuy2Cr9mXDwkb0/
Storyline Creator
mediafire.com/download/dtlzmd145cr4sz6/SLC.zip
Art Resources
pastebin.com/FgVGxTqW
Updated DLC Pastebin
pastebin.com/D1Nr8Zwd
Pixel Art Tutorials
pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Generators and other useful resources
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/name/
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing
The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip
www18(DOT)zippyshare.com/v/mjBRbBSJ/file.html
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47504-how-to-remove-blur/
mega.nz/#!SxlUyLiK!lTd_1p5kVNkZzLNQLvHobxFDIlJ81j_vVYbdUca8hMs
youtube.com/watch?v=jKhR4rEVDLY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Searching for resources counts as progress, right? Edition

So what's the last resource you've found or created for your game, /rpgmg/?

I am feeling like my 12 pixel tall fairy can't be appreciated at all. The thing is, if I make her 24-pixel tall, then a human could be about 96 pixels tall, which is not that bad... but monster symbol encounters could be anywhere from 24 to 144 pixels tall.

So, are you annoyed when a monster is chasing you and its feet show up above objects that should be in front of it?

Post a screen of your fairy

With the embeds removed (thank you!), this will fit in the OP again:

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Not yet, user. But soon.

Darn, I knew I was missing something. Well, at least the embeds are slain.

ongoing struggle with having to create art

bump

Has Bubbles chimed in recently? I'm not asking because I want to pick up the collab I've already done a part and I'm focusing on another project atm, I'm just curious.

In RPGM2003, can I only double and halve stats, or is there a way I can have lesser effects?

He has chimed in to say that he is still working on the project and that we shouldn't worry.

doom midis

i hope the one on the left is the one you're going with because it's a lot nicer to look at.

bump

Post maps.

Man, this thing is a year old already, strange how that happens.

Is this a single map? How big is it?

I love those city tiles. Is this your own work?

?!

would your opinion change if they were meant to be the foreground pieces in a 720x360 screen?

i get that the simpler coloring is more.. pleasant, but i feel like it's too flat? for an element so close to the front

I disagree with him entirely. The more detailed elements look much better. You keep doin' you, user.

anyone have a good idea where the first place to look at for changing up MP? i'd like for it to behave somewhat similarly to TP, hitting the following guidelines:

>begins a fight at 0 by default, this only being modified by equipment that would otherwise give starting MP bonuses
>increase by a set value (that can also be modified by equipment) each turn independently of its maximum value

and i guess the conclusion i've come to is "well why not just use TP for that?" but that presents some problems, with the simplest one being "i sort of want to use TP as well as this modified MP". is it plausible to turn MP into a TP bar instead? and if not, is there an easy way to remove MP outright than simply setting up menus that never display the value in its unused and useless state?

ok, seeing it next to other assets changes my opinion somewhat but i'm one of those cheesy hipster-types who likes simplified silhouette-y background/foreground elements.

seeing those city domes definitely made me feel a little phantasy star nostalgia, all in all this is pretty sick.

What do you use to draw your assets? I started using Piskel and I kinda liked it.

manga/clip studio, but not really for much reason besides "it worked with my tablet immediately, and photoshop didn't." never really had a preference for things as long as they had customizable ui/shortcuts.

well, while i have jumped around between image editors for a long time, like corel painter, photoshop, paint tool sai, gimp, manga studio,

the only thing that i remember surprising me how much i liked was krita. i think i just forgot to install it first this time around, so ended up with ms5 again.

Sshhh..... guys..... don't tell anyone, but...... i'm making a lewd game!!

Tell me more

128x128.
That was the intention, yeah.
Ah, thanks. I'd have done a bit more on the project, but after making a few maps I just wasn't feeling it.
The overall setting/plot wasn't really what I was wanting out of a sci-fi game, either. If I do go back to the idea, though, I'll definitely want to have more interesting dungeons, both in terms of mechanics and in terms of graphics.

>don't tell anyone
take your own advice and we'll be in good shape

It says the file doesn't exist yet it still works for you. Can you put the link in a pastebin? It's possible I might be overlooking another part of the URL to fix and I don't know what.

It was working earlier today, but it isn't working for me now.
Here's a new one: www18(DOT)zippyshare.com/v/mjBRbBSJ/file.html

bump

Still not working. File doesn't exist. Can you use another host?

Not him but there is something wrong on your end, the link works just fine.

Try copying the url into notepad or something, remove the (dot) and paste that instead.

FINALLY!! Thank you! Not sure why that of all things did the trick. Putting it in Notepad first, not fixing the URL. That I kept doing. Now all I need is the trial and I'm set, right?

You need the trial and the 1.3.1 update, which is also in the op.

Got that with no issue whatsoever in the previous thread.

Now go make a game.

How do I make smaller fonts not look like shit when playing in fullscreen? The text scaling ruins everything.

I have a p-p-present for you, user.

P-p-please don't hurt me!

What version of RPGMaker are you using?

RPG Maker MV v1.3.1. Should I adjust the game's screen resolution to 720p and use upscaled sprites instead?

Cute.

That's what I decided to do eventually. Text boxes and everything were too small with higher resolution, and maps looked too small. I use a lower screen resolution and double the size of every sprite (for example, doubling a 24x24 sprite to 48x48).

It really depends on the look you are going for though, I want things to look pixelated.

If you aren't going for the pixel look though, yah, you really just have to scale everything up to compensate for the resolution.

I need to refresh myself on the basics first. Last RPGmaker I dicked around with was 2000. Completely blind on the functions of switches and such. Also, the 1.3.1 update seems to overwrite the crack, turning it back into a trial. As in, the crack is for 1.3.0.

Oh, you did it wrong. You need to install the trial > update > crack

Fievel, is this you?

Any point in buying RM2K3 off steam? Is the translation any better? Is anything more stable?

Good lord, your tiles are just wonderful. Very grim and moody.

Did it. Still says version 1.3.0.

Very much a throwback to it, I plan on including a lot of characters that reference 80s and 90s animal cartoons, stuff like:

FernGully
All Dogs go to Heaven
The Rescuers
The Lion King
The Secret of Nimh
An American Tail

etc

so you're making a furry game

go on

>Change something in a script
>Decide against the change after testing and revert the changes
>Script doesn't work anymore

sigh

That's fine. It says 1.3.0, but it's actually 1.3.1. For some reason, the crack displays the ver # incorrectly.

>The Rescuers
>The Lion King
>The Secret of Nimh
>An American Tail
See pic.

Yep, I want things to look pixelated. I was using 640x360 with 1:1 sprite scale, but my screen resolution is 1600x900, so the sprites look fine while text boxes look like shit when the game runs in fullscreen because the text is resized like a bitmap.

Huh, so I had it right the first time.

Not exactly. I don't really like furries and the animals aren't entirely fully anthropomorphic.

It's really more about capturing that feeling of watching something like the movies I listed. I think making it about animals allows for some pretty interesting humor and social commentary (Animal Farm, Watership Down).

I realize that it can limit my audience (not everyone will want to play a game about animals), but it just feels so right.

I'm working hard on getting a demo out to ya'll soon :)

Oh, there's something in the rpg_core.js that's forcing smooth scaling. This is what's causing the blurried aspect when running the game in fullscreen.

Can you turn this off?

I tried this:
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47504-how-to-remove-blur/

But it's still the same.

fucking super

Would you guys mind a battle demo with no animations?

I'd prefer it. Long animations are the worst part of rpgs.

sketched together a little scene for a dude who lives in the woods. pls r8

>RoyalCancel
Que

9/10 needs some work

HECK

Why are there no windows on the second floor?

He's a vampire

He's too poor to afford more windows

6/10. character seems way too vividly colored for the surroundings. why is there a sword to the right of the pile of wood? Did you mean to make it so bleak? If so, you did well. Maybe throw in a 2nd tree sprite if you have time so the trees aren't all the exact same. If you don't have the time, it doesn't matter, it's a mild grievance. Where does the character get water from? There should be a well or stream nearby, I assume it's just offscreen.

Another victim of the window tax....

Ghosts kept showing up, duh.

I thin k it looks pretty fantastic, there is a lot of talent here that I think is going a little under appreciated (provided these are all of your assets).

>character seems way too vividly colored for the surroundings.
This I defiantly agree with.

>why is there a sword to the right of the pile of wood?
where? I don't see a sword.

this is all really good advice thank you

none of this is my assets though lol, it's all rm2k3 rtp and some of mack's old tilesets
speaking of which, I heard FSM went down?

>MV 1.3.X crack
>File does not exist
God fucking damn it, I've been looking for ever. I were so close ;_;

Probably a bunch of brown nosers from the rpg maker forums, if this thread's history is anything to go by. www18(DOT)zippyshare.com/v/mjBRbBSJ/file.html

Tits, Thanks a bunch.

Could someone convert these to ogg for MV? I tried on my own and it sounded way off and didn't loop. Pretty p-please?

mega.nz/#!SxlUyLiK!lTd_1p5kVNkZzLNQLvHobxFDIlJ81j_vVYbdUca8hMs

does your MC have a nice... bump

Oh yes her is very nice

C O Z Y
O
Z
Y

Maybe it's being caused by a difference in sample rate after export. Check on those and see if that's the problem.

Encryption key is wrong, won't let me download.

I can download just fine. But I don't know how to convert.

GET IN HERE QUICK, GET OUT QUICKER, WITH AN ARM FULL OF FAKE DOORS IN YOUR ARMS

I'm feeling I'm missing a reference there.

youtube.com/watch?v=jKhR4rEVDLY

>door makes an opening sound
>"The door won't open."
?????

it's a line from rick and morty

What's your story about?

It sounds more like a handle jiggling. I use a different se for when doors actually open.

>download old music for bgm because it's public domain
>2.63 mb filesize
its so small

You play as a detective in training and solve cases.

Good thing too since RPG Maker has trouble playing anything over 3MB!

yay!

pity bump

Stay alive

>Spent two weeks doing RPGM mechanics work
>Didn't spend any time drawing
>Draw like total shit now

fug

Hey guys, I'm in the very early stages of planning a game that's kind of like a blend between Civilization and Fire Emblem, in that you settle cities and conquer your neighbors, but the units you train are all unique characters. Out of curiosity, which sounds better for the available nations/factions/whatever -- real ones, fake ones, or a crossover between fictional ones?

fictional ones based on real ones for me
also your game sounds interesting, hope to see more

I definitely hope I can make it happen. It's the only idea I've come up with so far that I'm actually excited by the idea of, though I'd like to make one of them weird RPGs like OFF or Central Station sometime, too.

Full fictional. This way you can do whatever you like.